Sponsored by:

Purchasing a C7 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:51 AM
mysilvertoy
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Purchasing a C7 Convertible

I've had Corvette convertibles for 13 years, a C5 in 2000 and my current C6 in 2005. Questions:

1. What is the latest speculation on when I'll be able to order one?

2. Has anyone seen a price sheet or order guide or anything related?

3. If I want Museum Delivery, does it matter what dealer I use?

4. Is there any reason not to do this: Order the car from several dealers around the country, but it from the first one to get the allocation and get my deposit back from the others?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:07 AM
sotirisf
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mysilvertoy
I've had Corvette convertibles for 13 years, a C5 in 2000 and my current C6 in 2005. Questions:

4. Is there any reason not to do this: Order the car from several dealers around the country, but it from the first one to get the allocation and get my deposit back from the others?
you can order one from any dealer that has allocation, I've ordered with Rich at Conti, although any forum sponsor dealer is adequate.
Yes there are price sheets, do a search here on the forum
No it doesnt matter what dealer you use for museum delivers
Just order from one dealer that has verified allocation.- if they have allocation, your order will shortly go to 2000 and if you order it with options not on constraint, you will go 3000 shortly after that. If the options are on constraint, you have to wait it out although you are better off ordering from a dealer that has allocation for the constraint, and then you will be at 3000.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:55 AM
mysilvertoy
Cruising

Default How to Buy a C7 Convertible

I've owned Corvette convertibles for 13 years, a C5 purchased in 2000 and my current C6 purchased in 2005. I want to buy a C7 convertible as soon as they are available.

1. Can anyone comment on the latest rumors or facts about when there will be a price sheet or order sheet for the C7 convertible?

2. If I want to take Museum delivery, which I haven't done previously. Is there a particular dealer that has a better or faster allocation of cars being delivered that way? If not, should I just buy from any dealer in the country who offers me a good price?

3. Allocations: When I bought my earlier Corvettes when they were introduced, I had to wait months for a dealer allocation. Please comment on a buying strategy I've been considering: Because all dealers will take your order with a refundable deposit, I've been thinking about placing orders with dealers all over the country, and, as soon as one comes through, cancelling the others and getting my deposits back. Has anyone done that before? Any comments on the strategy?

Also, you might be interested in my comments in the "General Corvette Topics" - "Autocrossing & Roadracing" about my recent experience at Bondurant School of Performance Driving.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM
RickMN
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Order now! The line is already forming ahead of you and some of us are already in that line at 3000 status.

Most dealers are going to sell it at MSRP right now, so the Chevy website will guide you through pricing out the car with the options you want.

Rumor is they are going to start building them in November and December.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I ordered from Mike Furman at Criswell. He has the answer to all your questions.

I am also getting museum delivery. It doesn't matter the dealer. I'm driving mine back to Vegas.

I think I will get mine in late Jan or Feb sometime.

The price sheet is the same as the coupe but with the extra charge of the convertible option. Go to the car configuration on Chevy.com and choose the levels and options you want. I think the convertible starts at about 5 grand more than a coupe.

Last edited by Sin City; 10-23-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:46 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I've owned Corvette convertibles for 13 years, a C5 purchased in 2000 and my current C6 purchased in 2005. I want to buy a C7 convertible as soon as they are available.

1. Can anyone comment on the latest rumors or facts about when there will be a price sheet or order sheet for the C7 convertible?
The order guide came out in April or May, and a spreadsheet for adding up option prices was floating around here somewhere, but it looks like CF took down the sticky with it in there. I can't immediately find the price list with a general search. Hopefully somebody else has a copy, sorry I'm not much help.

2. If I want to take Museum delivery, which I haven't done previously. Is there a particular dealer that has a better or faster allocation of cars being delivered that way? If not, should I just buy from any dealer in the country who offers me a good price?
Don't know that one.

3. Allocations: When I bought my earlier Corvettes when they were introduced, I had to wait months for a dealer allocation. Please comment on a buying strategy I've been considering: Because all dealers will take your order with a refundable deposit, I've been thinking about placing orders with dealers all over the country, and, as soon as one comes through, cancelling the others and getting my deposits back. Has anyone done that before? Any comments on the strategy?
Cheesy. Don't do this. Any one Forum dealer will hook you up.

Also, you might be interested in my comments in the "General Corvette Topics" - "Autocrossing & Roadracing" about my recent experience at Bondurant School of Performance Driving.
okeydokey!

Last edited by HolyRoller; 10-23-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Don't place extra orders and then cancel. Just talk to one of the forum dealers with lots of allocation. They get them first. And you'll get it without any mark up.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM
mysilvertoy
Cruising

Thank you. I know about Kerbeck, and people say they are pretty good. But, recently I emailed and called them twice, specifically saying I was interested in ordering a convertible, and no one ever called or emailed back to me.

Any other recommendations?
Old 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

I ordered my convertible from:

Mike Furman
301 212 4420
Criswell Chevrolet
Gaithersburg, MD

http://criswellcorvette.com/mike_furman.aspx

Scheduled to be built in early November. Museum delivery.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,073 Likes on 6,172 Posts

Just use the "Build & Price" tool at 2014 Chevy Corvette.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

most of my business is done on line and out of state....we were ourdly mentioned in a recent Automotive News article..

I have convertibles coming for stock and allocation over the next 2 weeks for custom orders....

No need to be in a hurry, as they will most likely be end of the year or shortly after teh 1st arrivals...the key right now, either taging one of our available cars or ordering againts my guarnteed allocation.

Much appreciated

EMAIL;
RickConti@coughlincars.com

Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM
bdevault01
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#4 sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me. Stick with a reputable dealer (one from this forum with great feedback) and you should be fine. They aren't going to lie to you about allocation, etc.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,073 Likes on 6,172 Posts

There were 2 separate threads started by mysilvertoy that were essentially identical. They have been merged.

Get notified of new replies

To Purchasing a C7 Convertible

Quick Reply: Purchasing a C7 Convertible