Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:23 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by ltdodge
read my post I said bottom front end splitter
Lamborghini had that years ago, GM has been borrowing European design elements for about 70 years. Other manufacturers do it too.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:30 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the fangs. Nice front-end accent. I am a bit worried about them scraping the driveway though.

I have a question for you all. I have a sort of V shaped driveway entry and I have some concern about the c7 scraping on my way in. I also have a neighbor with a Cadillac CTS-V. Does anyone think it would be worth my time to ask him to try and pull into my driveway to see if he can do so without scraping?

I think my question is, does anyone think the CTS-V's front end height and overhang is similar enough to what the C7's will be?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

People still don't know what the fangs are for? For ****'s sake they are on Camry's. All cars will need to have them. Safety reason as it's been said in this thread and the other hundreds of post since last year...
Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by ltdodge
i aint crazy...splitter looks similar....look at the bottom dude. i didn't mean to offend your holy grail c7, just an observation...

Read Post 5 dude.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:33 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne
If you do not like design direction remember who you vote for. Euro Ped regulations are insane and they are coming here.

Basically stop teaching people to look both ways before crossing the street. You have to get hit by a car doing 25mph and NOT cause major injury, that does not include broken legs which I think is the bench mark for a front impact.
For some reason it's accepted as axiomatic on CF that the whenever a car runs over somebody it's the pedestrian's fault, which is nonsense.

Wherever you have cars and people in close proximity (crosswalks, sidewalks, parking lots, etc.) you're going to have accidents, but the pedestrian will always come out the loser.

Add more cars and more people and eventually enough folks get maimed/killed per annum that somebody decides to impose minimum safety standards. The market will never select for these standards because the person getting run over isn't the person buying the car.

Apparently its possible for a car to comply with these standards and still look cool (see C7, Viper, F12, Aventador, etc.) Assuming the new cars are materially less likely to injure pedestrians, this hardly seems "insane."
Old 07-01-2013, 11:45 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 07-02-2013, 06:37 AM
85scott
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StingRaycer
At the walkaround in Bowling Green they said those extensions are needed to meet the upcoming European pedestrian safety standards. They said the EU thinks these "egg teeth" things that stick out will cause the ped's legs to not go under the car. hmmmmmm
Stupid Europeons! Another example of how Big Gov will use any excuse to expand by
continually attacking the average Joe with needless higher costs & less freedom.

That being said, I don't think it really detracts from the car. Of course if every new car is
forced by law to look the same, then that could become a problem very rapidly.....

Last edited by 85scott; 07-02-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by 85scott
Stupid Europeons! Another example of how Big Gov will use any excuse to expand by
continually attacking the average Joe with needless higher costs & less freedom.

That being said, I don't think it really detracts from the car. Of course if every new car is
forced by law to look the same, then that could become a problem very rapidly.....
It's not very stupid at all which is probably why the new designs have adopted them even though cars such as the Impala probably will never see overseas markets.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

This could get embarrassing. You park your car in a lot. Come back an hour later and try to unlock an Impala.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenmcp
This could get embarrassing. You park your car in a lot. Come back an hour later and try to unlock an Impala.
Or try to unlock a Camaro or Malibu or 599 or Viper or 280Z or Vega if people on this forum are to be believed.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Some are a joke. There are some similarity and you just can't admit it.
You second coming corvette is not all that unique, Sorry
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Are we a little paranoid this morning?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

I really wish the mods here would delete trash threads like this.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 AM
StingRaycer
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not going to valet park in my C7.... I might get Malibu or a Spark when I get my car to leave !!!!!! or even a Citroen
Old 07-02-2013, 12:28 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne
It is a CHEVROLET Corvette.

Chevy has a design direction.

Every company has one, its a basic design that flows across the line from cheap to expensive.

If you do not like design direction remember who you vote for. Euro Ped regulations are insane and they are coming here.

Basically stop teaching people to look both ways before crossing the street. You have to get hit by a car doing 25mph and NOT cause major injury, that does not include broken legs which I think is the bench mark for a front impact.
You're correct. I remember back in late 1962 when the new 1963 Sting Ray was released. First thing I said to myself...."looks just like a 1963 Biscayne".

In 1968 I bought the wife a new Chevy Caprice because it was a dead ringer for a 1968 corvette.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:35 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
Not as much of a joke as those who are trying to compare the new Corvette to the Volt and Impala on some styling cues.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Justin with all due respect many try to compare the C7 to the Ferrari too! I think he was just pointing out some of the similarities that do exist.

Get notified of new replies

To c7 front end same as impala and malibu?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by texvette2
Your bitter reaction is not becoming.. You just can not stand that some love the new Corvette. That is sad for you.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Justin with all due respect many try to compare the C7 to the Ferrari too! I think he was just pointing out some of the similarities that do exist.
The C7 looks more like an F12 from the side than the front splitter looking like a Volt or Impala. Comparison pictures have been done to show that.

And has been said above my posts by others, European safety standards are forcing a more fang like splitter/bumper on everyone. Even having said that, those splitters aren't even in the same ballpark as the C7's. They are radically different.

And as a C7 supporter, I'd even say the C7's isn't as good looking as other examples.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

Exactly! I mean, look how much "Big Gov" has already done to make cars look alike. Requiring things like headlights, taillights, turn signals, side view mirrors, windshield wipers, not to mention interior items like rear view mirrors. I could go on but you can see how "Big Gov" has added unnecessary cost for these supposed "safety" items and made all cars look alike. Why, just the other day I accidentally got in someone else's pickup truck, thinking it was my wife's sedan!

(Falls to knees, shaking fist at sky for dramatic emphasis) "Damn you, "Big Gov", damn you to hell!!"

*sarcasm off*

Quick Reply: c7 front end same as impala and malibu?