Sponsored by:

USAA Number worth $750

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default USAA Number worth $750

For all you new Corvette buyers, be aware that a USAA number is worth an additional $750 off the price you negotiate with the car dealer. Just for having a USAA number.

But be prepared to prove you have a USAA number. If you can't, then you won't get the $$$ off.

And if you don't have one, you can always try and join USAA before your car arrives. The $$$ will then be taken off when you prove you are entitled to the $750 discount.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:24 PM
GatMix07C6
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 34 Posts

What is a USAA?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by GatMix07C6
What is a USAA?
USAA means United Services Automobile Association. But be aware that it has grown exponentially since the name was coined. It is not just car insurance anymore.

USAA is now into insurance of all kinds, and they do Investment Management too. I do not have an investment account with them, but I'm assuming you can call and start one with a very few dollars and they will put it into a USAA fund of some kind.

Then you get a # that you hopefully can use to get $$$ off a new GM car of any kind.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Dracla
USAA means United Services Automobile Association. But be aware that it has grown exponentially since the name was coined. It is not just car insurance anymore.

USAA is now into insurance of all kinds, and they do Investment Management too. I do not have an investment account with them, but I'm assuming you can call and start one with a very few dollars and they will put it into a USAA fund of some kind.

Then you get a # that you hopefully can use to get $$$ off a new GM car of any kind.
I thought USAA was a bank/insurance/etc in San Antonio for military folks. I believe I might even be a member of USAA.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/car_...kredirect=true

According to their website, the Corvette is not eligible for a discount to USAA members.

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-03-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:39 PM
theDRisin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all you new Corvette buyers, be aware that a USAA number is worth an additional $750 off the price you negotiate with the car dealer. Just for having a USAA number.

But be prepared to prove you have a USAA number. If you can't, then you won't get the $$$ off.

And if you don't have one, you can always try and join USAA before your car arrives. The $$$ will then be taken off when you prove you are entitled to the $750 discount.
I hope you are right. I have USAA!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by theDRisin
I hope you are right. I have USAA!
I've done it several times, most recently on my wife's Equinox, but I also used my USAA # to buy my C6.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:48 PM
theDRisin
Intermediate

I've done it several times, most recently on my wife's Equinox, but I also used my USAA # to buy my C6.
GM could exclude the new C7 though, like they do with the ZL1 Camaro, Volt, all Cadillacs.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I thought USAA was a bank/insurance/etc in San Antonio for military folks. I believe I might even be a member of USAA.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/car_...kredirect=true
The requirements for membership have gotten much easier lately. I'm pretty sure they have extended representation to just about anyone associated with a military person, or who has a military record of any kind. And I don't think it matters how long ago you served, or how long.

It will not hurt to call them and ask to join. They can only say no, but if you join, be sure to ask for confirmation of your USAA 3. The dealer will insist on a letter. But if you can produce it, you get $750 off. If it works, you can buy me a beer sometime.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

The requirements for membership have gotten much easier lately. I'm pretty sure they have extended representation to just about anyone associated with a military person, or who has a military record of any kind. And I don't think it matters how long ago you served, or how long.

It will not hurt to call them and ask to join. They can only say no, but if you join, be sure to ask for confirmation of your USAA 3. The dealer will insist on a letter. But if you can produce it, you get $750 off. If it works, you can buy me a beer sometime.
When you click on their car buying service, you can't find any Chevrolet with any discount. You can on the Buick.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Durnberg
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

The salesman at my dealership told me about this when he found out I was a veteran. He said that at the time the dealership was participating in the discounts but he did not know if the $750 discount would be available when my car came in. Anyway I joined and, hopefully, it will pay for almost half of my MSRC option on the C7.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Dracla
Racer

I have never been aware of any "granting" of use by GM, for any car or any year. It has ALWAYS worked for me, and they never asked for anything except they insisted on a letter from USAA confirming my membership.

But that does not mean they can't do it. Maybe I was just lucky, but again, it has worked without complication every time...so far.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Lots of conditions in the fine print:

¹GM, Chrysler and Mercedes-Benz offers are limited time purchase price discounts. Offers available from manufacturers through participating dealers. GM discounts not available on Cadillac vehicles, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, and Chevrolet Volt. GM, Chrysler and Mercedes-Benz offer discounts only to persons eligible for membership in USAA's Property and Casualty Insurance Group. P&C membership is generally available to current and former members of the U.S. Military and their former dependents. GM requires presentation of proof of USAA eligibility and will accept a USAA insurance card or Confirmation Letter at the time of purchase. For a Confirmation Letter members can call USAA at 800-531-8285. Mercedes-Benz requires a USAA card with USAA number or a USAA insurance card and a printed USAA Member Vehicle Incentive Program (EAB) page from USAA Car Buying Service with discount amount and offer code. Mercedes-Benz discount amounts may vary by model year and model. The Fleet incentive must be used at time of purchase or lease. Fleet incentives cannot be used in conjunction with Dealer Employee Purchase Program (DEPP), Mercedes Vehicle Plan (MVP), Master Lease Program (MLP), Diplomat, European Delivery, Courtesy Vehicle Program (CVP), Special Demos, Competitor Conquest Program, other Fleet Programs (Corporate Sales or Fleet Employee Program (FEP)), or non-U.S. Specification vehicles. Some manufacturer incentives cannot be added to the discount. See your dealer for more details. There is no obligation to purchase or continue USAA products or services to obtain the offer.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:25 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

one of our infamous forum dealers needs to answer this one.....
Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 PM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Would be great if it were available on C7. In the past, it was not available on limited high demand models at first (ZO6, ZR1), but became available within the end of the second model year.

You do not automatically get a USAA membership if you were in the military, however, if you have ever been in the service, you can apply. Also, family members of USAA members qualify for enrollment as well.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:34 PM
rijowysock
Racer

that's good news, USAA member here :-D
Old 07-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Dracla
Racer

Just to be clear, this is not a deal where you have to buy through USAA. As far as I know, all you have to do is show a dealer your USAA #, and you should get $750 off the price.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Just to be clear, this is not a deal where you have to buy through USAA. As far as I know, all you have to do is show a dealer your USAA #, and you should get $750 off the price.
Do you have a link to where GM specifies this discount if you have a USAA #?

Get notified of new replies

To USAA Number worth $750

Old 07-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

As a 40+ year member with USAA, I'll be checking on it, thanks for the info. I don't see any exclusions for the C7 so ...

FWIW, I called them prior to placing my order to see how bad owning the C7 with low annual mileage would hurt me. I was thinking probably an additional $12-1400 per year here in the North Atlanta/North GA area that's traditionally high. I was pleasantly surprised at $800 and change additional but I do have a good driving record, no tickets or accidents.

If you have a family member/parent with USAA you can try to qualify. Both of my Son's are with them and they had no Military affiliation at all other than being my sons. They're an excellent company with low premiums (comparatively speaking) and pay dividends annually to the policy holders. They are wholly owned by the policy holders. I don't know of any of my friends that use them that have 'ever' dropped them for another company.
Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Lots of conditions in the fine print:
Old 07-03-2013, 04:07 PM
C7Heaven
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
one of our infamous forum dealers needs to answer this one.....

Hey Mike, are you there?

I am a USAA member.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

According to the website, the 2013 Corvette was/is eligible for the $750 discount... purchase only...not lease. One small caveat though is that it has to be a "participating dealer". Not all dealers are. This is however a bona fide, legitimate offer. I saved $4000 on the purchase of a new Mercedes approximately 3 years ago. It was the finance manager who initiated the discount process, after I had already struck my best negotiated price, while signing the purchase papers, when he asked me who my insurance company was during the purchase process. He redrew the papers, reflecting the discount, and proceeded. I didn't even know about the discount. Hendrick Motors in Charlotte, NC.

Quick Reply: USAA Number worth $750