Any forum dealers want my business/deposit? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Any forum dealers want my business/deposit?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
mark1107
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14-'15
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 2,319
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Any forum dealers want my business/deposit?

Now that I have your attention,

I know I am late to the game,

but I'd love to put a deposit down on a C7.

Please PM me.

Thank you,

Mark
mark1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
vegasredz062
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08
 
vegasredz062's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Location: LAS VEGAS NV
Posts: 2,811
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1107 View Post
Now that I have your attention,

I know I am late to the game,

but I'd love to put a deposit down on a C7.

Please PM me.

Thank you,

Mark

go ahead and PM after mark.


Red , black rims. everything else is negotiable
vegasredz062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16
NCM Lifetime Member
 
MikeyTX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Slowly driving my way around the United States
Posts: 23,300

Thanked 210 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Let's see .............. The allocations are sold out till the dawn of the second coming and y'all think they're going to come to you ? Start contacting them by using the dealer list in the side panel.
MikeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
Davidl81
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Posts: 226
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The initial allocation is not sold out like others on here would have you believe. Kebeck has a good amount open, and also does Rick Conti. I ordered mine from Rick and he is a super good guy to deal with. Maybe give him a call.
Davidl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16
NCM Lifetime Member
 
MikeyTX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Slowly driving my way around the United States
Posts: 23,300

Thanked 210 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
Let's see .............. The allocations are sold out till the dawn of the second coming and y'all think they're going to come to you ? Start contacting them by using the dealer list in the side panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidl81 View Post
The initial allocation is not sold out like others on here would have you believe. Kebeck has a good amount open, and also does Rick Conti. I ordered mine from Rick and he is a super good guy to deal with. Maybe give him a call.
This is true. I was being sarcastic to some extent. My point is as yours ............ They need to contact the dealer !
MikeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Dave@Kerbeck.com
Platinum Supporting Vendor
 
Dave@Kerbeck.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Atlantic City NJ
Posts: 7,625
Thanked 313 Times in 128 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1107 View Post
Now that I have your attention,

I know I am late to the game,

but I'd love to put a deposit down on a C7.

Please PM me.

Thank you,

Mark
We were allocated 507 Stingrays for the first 6 to 9 months. Of that, 355 are coupes. We've taken about 150 coupe deposits. After today's allocation I'll have 135 of those 150 moving into the productions stage so if you ordered from us you would have a very short wait to get your car into production.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Dave
__________________
Dave Salvatore
Corvette Manager
Kerbeck Corvette - Celebrating 22 years as the world's largest Corvette dealership!
Showroom - 609-344-2100
email - dave@kerbeck.com

Keep to date with the C7 information on Kerbeck's 2016 Corvette page!

Follow Kerbeck on Twitter!
Follow Kerbeck on Google+!
Follow Kerbeck on Facebook!


Dave@Kerbeck.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
NoOne
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 1999
Location: Auburn Hills MI
Posts: 20,613
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com View Post
We were allocated 507 Stingrays for the first 6 to 9 months. Of that, 355 are coupes. We've taken about 150 coupe deposits. After today's allocation I'll have 135 of those 150 moving into the productions stage so if you ordered from us you would have a very short wait to get your car into production.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Dave
Do you believe that is low? This would say quite a bit about demand for the car. I have my deposit in but with the Internet I thought the number accounted for would be much higher. Or do you expect it to grow as the car makes its rounds?

Maybe some people are still gun shy about ordering out of state but considering local dealers around here still have plenty of availability maybe demand is not that high?

BTW if I was in the OP's shoes and was serious there is nothing wrong with his post. I talked to a few dealers before I placed my deposit with Mike at Criswell.

I took their initial lack of interest in my questions as a demonstration of how they would be as things went on. One or two of them had the attitude that since they had allocation that was good enough and didn't care to answer questions or spend much time on the phone.

I don't care if you have 1 car to sell or 100, the effort put forth should be the same. Unless I'm incorrect the C7 holds a tidy profit for the dealers over most of their other vehicles and the value the dealer provides is part of them earning that profit.

For the record Kerbeck was not one of the dealers I spoke with.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
Dave@Kerbeck.com
Platinum Supporting Vendor
 
Dave@Kerbeck.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Atlantic City NJ
Posts: 7,625
Thanked 313 Times in 128 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
Do you believe that is low? This would say quite a bit about demand for the car. I have my deposit in but with the Internet I thought the number accounted for would be much higher. Or do you expect it to grow as the car makes its rounds?
Not at all! Remember some of the forum dealers have been taking orders since last October. We didn't start taking orders until May 31 and have over 200 orders (coupes and converts) in 30 days!

Dave
Dave@Kerbeck.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 32,423
Thanked 282 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
Do you believe that is low? This would say quite a bit about demand for the car. I have my deposit in but with the Internet I thought the number accounted for would be much higher. Or do you expect it to grow as the car makes its rounds?

Maybe some people are still gun shy about ordering out of state but considering local dealers around here still have plenty of availability maybe demand is not that high?

BTW if I was in the OP's shoes and was serious there is nothing wrong with his post. I talked to a few dealers before I placed my deposit with Mike at Criswell.

I took their initial lack of interest in my questions as a demonstration of how they would be as things went on. One or two of them had the attitude that since they had allocation that was good enough and didn't care to answer questions or spend much time on the phone.

I don't care if you have 1 car to sell or 100, the effort put forth should be the same. Unless I'm incorrect the C7 holds a tidy profit for the dealers over most of their other vehicles and the value the dealer provides is part of them earning that profit.

For the record Kerbeck was not one of the dealers I spoke with.
Even the holdback. If you were a dealer, would you rather have 3% holdback on a $65,000 Corvette or 3% holdback on a $20,000 Cruze?

Also, I bet it takes less of the dealer's time to sell a Corvette than it does to sell a Cruze.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
Bill17601
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Bill17601's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,822
Thanked 228 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Chevrolet knows the big three dealers will put cars on the street. Smaller dealers might want to keep there little allotments in their show rooms to draw.

Once people start seeing these cars on the street the demand will grow. Hats off to the big three. All from the east coast and all class companies.
Bill17601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 32,423
Thanked 282 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Like I told another forum member that was looking to buy a C7.

"Would you rather be #149 on the list of dealer that is getting 150 cars or #152 on the list of a dealer who is getting 507 cars, especially if you are paying the same price at both dealers?"
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16
NCM Lifetime Member
 
MikeyTX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Slowly driving my way around the United States
Posts: 23,300

Thanked 210 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill17601 View Post

Once people start seeing these cars on the street the demand will grow. Hats off to the big three. All from the east coast and all class companies.
Bill, I truly hope you're right. Because if it doesn't happen and in the numbers GM is wanting, I fear the worst. And I for one do not want to see that happen.
MikeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #13
michaelinmech
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
michaelinmech's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,523
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
Like I told another forum member that was looking to buy a C7.

"Would you rather be #149 on the list of dealer that is getting 150 cars or #152 on the list of a dealer who is getting 507 cars, especially if you are paying the same price at both dealers?"

Is this like: If a train heading east leaves at 1:00 doing 50mph, and a train heading west leaves at 1:00 doing 50mph, which train has the C7 on it ??
michaelinmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 32,423
Thanked 282 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelinmech View Post
Is this like: If a train heading east leaves at 1:00 doing 50mph, and a train heading west leaves at 1:00 doing 50mph, which train has the C7 on it ??
Depends on which train is pulled by a 2200 class Baldwin 4-8-4 and which one is pulled by a ABBA set of EMD FT's?
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #15
BRCC
CF Senior Member
 
BRCC's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Granbury, Pecan Plantation TX
Posts: 1,942
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
Depends on which train is pulled by a 2200 class Baldwin 4-8-4 and which one is pulled by a ABBA set of EMD FT's?
I'll bet on the EMD FTs
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16
NCM Lifetime Member
 
MikeyTX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Slowly driving my way around the United States
Posts: 23,300

Thanked 210 Times in 183 Posts
Default ABBA set of EMD FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
Depends on which train is pulled by a 2200 class Baldwin 4-8-4 and which one is pulled by a ABBA set of EMD FT's?
ABBA FT's used to pull the California Zephyr. Sure do miss that train.
MikeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
Greg00Coupe
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Canton Ohio
Posts: 3,859
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Default

One of the mysteries of life....... no dealer comes to you. You put a post out there like this and you would think someone would say sure I'll sell ya one.

I think I am done ordering cars. I'll go to their lot, see it, negotiate and make my mind up.

Have not found a dealer who makes the process as smooth as it should be. Yea you may think oh so and so did me well but when push comes to shove or there is an issue, all they worry about is themselves.
Greg00Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
JoesC5
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 32,423
Thanked 282 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
ABBA FT's used to pull the California Zephyr. Sure do miss that train.
The FT's were history(no longer built by EMD) when the original California Zephyr began in March, 1949.

The CB&Q purchased F3's in 3 unit lash ups for 4,500 HP as did the WP.
The D&RGW originally purchased ALCO PA's in two unit lash ups for 6,000 HP but shortly afterwards purchased EMD F3's in 4 unit lash ups for 6,000 HP for the Zephyr.

The CB&Q owned FT's but none were equipped with steam generators necessary for passenger service. They were used only in freight service and traded in for GP30's.

The Golden age of passenger travel(and railroading in general).

One of the Zephyr's Dome Observations is in private hands. I last saw it in Chicago some 15 years ago when the privately owned SL-SF 14-4 Pullman I was in was parked next to it .

I have a photo of myself sitting in the engineer's seat of one of the very rare CB&Q's E5's pulling a full train of streamlined cars( I believe they were all ex Zephyr cars, but not sure) when it was at the BN's diesel shops getting a cylinder & head replaced. That consist is now at the Illinois Railway museum in Union, IL.

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-04-2013 at 07:55 PM.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #19
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16
NCM Lifetime Member
 
MikeyTX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Slowly driving my way around the United States
Posts: 23,300

Thanked 210 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesC5 View Post
The FT's were history(no longer built by EMD) when the original California Zephyr began in March, 1949.

The CB&Q purchased F3's in 3 unit lash ups for 4,500 HP as did the WP.
The D&RGW originally purchased ALCO PA's in two unit lash ups for 6,000 HP but shortly afterwards purchased EMD F3's in 4 unit lash ups for 6,000 HP for the Zephyr.

The CB&Q owned FT's but none were equipped with steam generators necessary for passenger service. They were used only in freight service and traded in for GP30's.

The Golden age of passenger travel(and railroading in general).

One of the Zephyr's Dome Observations is in private hands. I last saw it in Chicago some 15 years ago when the privately owned SL-SF 14-4 Pullman I was in was parked next to it .

I have a photo of myself sitting in the engineer's seat of one of the very rare CB&Q's E5's pulling a full train of streamlined cars( I believe they were all ex Zephyr cars, but not sure) when it was at the BN's diesel shops getting a cylinder & head replaced. That consist is now at the Illinois Railway museum in Union, IL.
They sure look similar. I was a young one when my folks would take my sister and I on it to visit family out west.
MikeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #20
66dreams
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Posts: 670
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

66dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Any forum dealers want my business/deposit?
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Black deposits on garage floor MIS49 C7 Z06 Discussion 2 09-28-2015 11:06 AM
    66 coupe on craigslist TPIC427 C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted 3 10-01-2014 10:20 AM
    Deposits vs. reservations CONMAX C7 Z06 Discussion 12 05-31-2014 08:35 PM
    Z06 price markup? Forum dealers? zhopper05 C7 Z06 Discussion 5 12-09-2013 09:43 AM
    Mark up over MSRP estimates? Rob4092xx C7 General Discussion 95 01-15-2013 12:56 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.