C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline Motorsports Releases Twin-Turbo Package for 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Rea

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Redline Motorsports Releases Twin-Turbo Package for 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Rea

Hoax or Fact?

http://www.vetteweb.com/hotnews/1306...h_corvette_c7/
Old 06-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Probably a guess..not factual yet..but plausible
Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost every big name GM tuner has a h/c/i for the lsX.

Almost every one has a supercharger package.

Almost every one has a turbo package.

Making XXX hp with forced induction is effortless anymore.

It isn't stopping anytime soon.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:29 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thatsa helluva lot of PShoppin'!

A. They don't have one yet.
B. That's not a real color.
C. Everyone knows that if they did a different diffuser, it would be body colored, right? I mean, the black diffuser is just wrong, right?

I do like those wheels!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone can spec out a preliminary "package" or "kit".

They are betting on the injectors to handle 625 HP worth of fuel but everything else is easy to fab up on the first car.

If the injectors can't handle that power level then they are going to be in a pickle.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Thatsa helluva lot of PShoppin'!

A. They don't have one yet.
B. That's not a real color.
C. Everyone knows that if they did a different diffuser, it would be body colored, right? I mean, the black diffuser is just wrong, right?

I do like those wheels!
No lie, although its really just body cladding as seen on Aztek with a very tiny bit that may or may not be a minimally functional diffuser.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

That rear diffuser looks a LOT better than the aztek "body clad" panel.

Those horizonal reflectors on the back bumper still need to be removed or relocated and made smaller.

I also like the angled exhaust tips.. They go better with the angled lines on the car.

Last edited by jr3; 06-17-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 PM
flflatrate
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before you guys start slicing and dicing to far..... this is a real project. Since Redline moved down to South Florida last year that have been cranking out some impressive projects. I was wondering why they had a turbo Buick on the dyno for week or so and now I understand the computer is very similar to the one in the new Vette. They have done all the work on my ZO6, which has been quite extensive and I have gotten to know those guys pretty good and have watched them working on this project for months. Somehow they actual have parts at the shop for this. I know Howard is pretty deep into this direct injection stuff and has some serious contacts to pull this off. They have a car coming which when I was there last week was bayed for production but the renderings look pretty bad ***.

I don't see anything wrong with getting a jump on there marketing as it has to start somewhere......hats off to them for getting a jump and being committed. I'd watch what you beat down as you may be surprised......
Old 06-17-2013, 11:36 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jr3
That rear diffuser looks a LOT better than the aztek "body clad" panel.

Those horizonal reflectors on the back bumper still need to be removed or relocated and made smaller.

I also like the angled exhaust tips.. They go better with the angled lines on the car.

Are you talking about the tiny bit that may be a minimally functional diffuser or all the rest which is cladding? Or are you talking about both? lol That is by the way your opinion, I don't share it. GM is getting my money only because the car is too good not to buy despite the cladding.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Everyother vendor is doing the same thing whats the big deal? Ecs a&a hinson lmr
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 AM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt26
Anyone can spec out a preliminary "package" or "kit".

They are betting on the injectors to handle 625 HP worth of fuel but everything else is easy to fab up on the first car.

If the injectors can't handle that power level then they are going to be in a pickle.
What car in recent history can you think of that the injectors cant handle at least another 150 HP? From GM to Ford and everything else out there.

This car will happen and kudos for them being the first to release their plans to the public.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have seen several different pics of the rear with the angular style exhaust pipes and to me solves one of the incongruous design elements. Cadillac did the same thing (but had it right with the standard CTS and got it wrong with the CTS V) and I found that the standard CTS Coupe rear is much more integrated than the CTS V with its round pipes>>

I image that an after market tail pipe option of angular exhaust tips is going to be very popular. IMO makes the design issue of the tail lights moot and actually enhances the overall design of the rear end.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Didn't Redline start a thread on here, C7, about how they were working on the new C7 even prior to getting one? Didn't A&A also state on here how they were almost first on the list to get a C7 not because they needed to replace their cars, but because it would help them design items for it?

The announcement may be premature or bogus, but the shops are definitely working on it----all of them fr. Katech and LGM to Redline and others.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gonabite
What car in recent history can you think of that the injectors cant handle at least another 150 HP? From GM to Ford and everything else out there.

This car will happen and kudos for them being the first to release their plans to the public.
LS2 guys started changing their injectors at the 100 HP mark, that recent enough?

I think you missed the word IF in my post, no one outside of GM knows what the stock injectors flow and at what % duty cycle.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by C6FirstVette
I have seen several different pics of the rear with the angular style exhaust pipes and to me solves one of the incongruous design elements. Cadillac did the same thing (but had it right with the standard CTS and got it wrong with the CTS V) and I found that the standard CTS Coupe rear is much more integrated than the CTS V with its round pipes>>

I image that an after market tail pipe option of angular exhaust tips is going to be very popular. IMO makes the design issue of the tail lights moot and actually enhances the overall design of the rear end.
Nice comparison and
Old 06-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Didn't Redline start a thread on here, C7, about how they were working on the new C7 even prior to getting one? Didn't A&A also state on here how they were almost first on the list to get a C7 not because they needed to replace their cars, but because it would help them design items for it?

The announcement may be premature or bogus, but the shops are definitely working on it----all of them fr. Katech and LGM to Redline and others.
Boy I really love the internet.....what would we do without it......

Yes we did start a thread a while back because we really where working on this project. Yes its a rendering because our car isn't built as of yet....doesn't mean we don't have solid CAD files to predesign......that's how most of the world is designed these days....

More importantly is the powertrain control system.....again....something we have been on top of.....I'm not able to discuss what we ultimately have access to and/or who is on our team but we are forging forward.

We are not intimidated by the "fuel system" or the "uncrackable" controller....I'm actually getting ready to walk out into the dyno cell and start playing with our 2014 1500 pickup that we just grabbed today to use a calibration mule. You would have thought that there would be more positive interest on this forum vs. hen pecking as what we figure out moving forward is what we can expecting in improving the cars performance. We are committed to the future of GM Performance cars as its more then the Corvette we are focused on...

Thank you for your feedback and most certainly the guy that started this post as a Hoax or Fact.......its fact....strap in with your popcorn.....

Howard
Old 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
Boy I really love the internet.....what would we do without it......

Yes we did start a thread a while back because we really where working on this project. Yes its a rendering because our car isn't built as of yet....doesn't mean we don't have solid CAD files to predesign......that's how most of the world is designed these days....

More importantly is the powertrain control system.....again....something we have been on top of.....I'm not able to discuss what we ultimately have access to and/or who is on our team but we are forging forward.

We are not intimidated by the "fuel system" or the "uncrackable" controller....I'm actually getting ready to walk out into the dyno cell and start playing with our 2014 1500 pickup that we just grabbed today to use a calibration mule. You would have thought that there would be more positive interest on this forum vs. hen pecking as what we figure out moving forward is what we can expecting in improving the cars performance. We are committed to the future of GM Performance cars as its more then the Corvette we are focused on...

Thank you for your feedback and most certainly the guy that started this post as a Hoax or Fact.......its fact....strap in with your popcorn.....

Howard
Well, there goes all the whining about not being able to crack the controller.

Get notified of new replies

To Redline Motorsports Releases Twin-Turbo Package for 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Rea

Old 06-18-2013, 02:53 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ANY computer can be hacked. Its just lines of code that need read and rewritten. It just takes time.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Baron7700
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you from experience, any motor that is DI and FI is absolutely stunning. However, taking an NA DI motor and adding boost to it, is very, very, very difficult in programing and tuning. But very do able. At times, my cobalt would be near 3000psi fuel pressure and idled at 250-400psi fuel pressure. No typos in those numbers.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Bring it on Redline !!!! Would love to see this BEAST on the streets!!

Quick Reply: Redline Motorsports Releases Twin-Turbo Package for 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Rea