Sponsored by:

No Love for the C6Z06 on C7 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Cbtvet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Love for the C6Z06 on C7 Forum

No love for the C6Z or any C6 or older on the C7 Forum, I do not understand the need for people to put down anyone who can not buy the latest corvette. I bought a C4 brand new in 1989 and still have it to this day. I am thankful that I had the means to buy it, but as the years passed and the new generations came out I would pass other vettes on the road and the owners would not wave, it seems I was not good enough for the new corvette owners. Many years later I was again in a position to buy another vette, and to be honest I just love the C6Z06 and that 427engine (all natural). Now if you read the c7 forum if you do not get the latest vette you are behind or just not with it. I can only imagine the number of C7's that will try and race the Z. If the day comes and I can afford the newest vette it still will not replace that 427 and what it means, and when I drive that 427 I will have a smile on my face.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

I think there is a lot of love for the C6Z06. I believe the issue is simply that people come here to discuss the C7 not the C6. There is always a little sibling rivalry and some folks want to think the C7 will outperform the C6Z06 (which we know it won't) but I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of love for the C6Z06 IMO. The bigger issue on the "C7 Forum" are folks here who don't like the C7 but choose to be here anyway IMO, people should celebrate the C6 on the C6 forum and the C7 on the C7 forum but what do I know anyway? If you want to read about C6Z06 love, there is a place for that. If you want to read about C7 love, there "should" be a place for that too.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

I think most people recognize the C6 and the Z cars in particular as being very special. Some people just need to be contrary when expressing their frustrations behind the keyboard after a few stiff ones. The controversy really comes from the crazies that just relentlessly come on this forum with nothing in mind but to bash the new car which gets folks jazzed up. I'll still place a bet that most of the crybabies on here will either end up owning a c7 or wish that they could when they finish paying off the C6 they bought recently at such a great deal and need to justify.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 PM
HollywoodC7
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cbtvet
No love for the C6Z or any C6 or older on the C7 Forum, I do not understand the need for people to put down anyone who can not buy the latest corvette. I bought a C4 brand new in 1989 and still have it to this day. I am thankful that I had the means to buy it, but as the years passed and the new generations came out I would pass other vettes on the road and the owners would not wave, it seems I was not good enough for the new corvette owners. Many years later I was again in a position to buy another vette, and to be honest I just love the C6Z06 and that 427engine (all natural). Now if you read the c7 forum if you do not get the latest vette you are behind or just not with it. I can only imagine the number of C7's that will try and race the Z. If the day comes and I can afford the newest vette it still will not replace that 427 and what it means, and when I drive that 427 I will have a smile on my face.
HEY????? I didn't read more than the first 5 words.......Think straight...There isn't one Vette lover, owner, dreamer that wouldn't love to see a 75.9 inch wide ripper run bye....let alone a skinny C2...
Old 07-07-2013, 09:51 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I love my C6 Z06. It is a fantastic car, fast as hell, great for our cross country trips, beautiful to look at.

I also love the C7. However, as with cell phones and so many other things, time allows for improved components. Take a five year old cell phone and compare it to a new cell phone.

I will, next year, be selling my C6 Z06 and buying a C7 Z06 (just as when the C6 Z06 first came out I sold my C5).
Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
I think most people recognize the C6 and the Z cars in particular as being very special. Some people just need to be contrary when expressing their frustrations behind the keyboard after a few stiff ones. The controversy really comes from the crazies that just relentlessly come on this forum with nothing in mind but to bash the new car which gets folks jazzed up. I'll still place a bet that most of the crybabies on here will either end up owning a c7 or wish that they could when they finish paying off the C6 they bought recently at such a great deal and need to justify.

I love my 427. It's given me many many miles and smiles. But after almost 8 years of owning it it's like "been there, done that". Newer C6 owners might not feel that way. Nobody can deny the excitement of an all new Corvette. From what I've seen here the C6 bashing started when C6 owners came to the C7 forum to bash nearly every change from their beloved C6. That in turn led to C7 fans bashing the C6 (but only here in the C7 forum). I don't think the C7 fans have gone to the C6 forum to bash it.

Personally I like every generation, each in its own way.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:01 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

I have both a C6Z06 and C6ZR1 but will be also getting the C7Z51. No way the C7 will be as fast as the others but that's the best I can get with this new body style. My C7 will be for sale as quick as the new latest greatest C7- rocketdubacleZR1Z06Makoshark model comes out
Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Cbtvet
Instructor

I fully understand the C7 refinements over the pass generations but I look at it like this--

Refinements/Updates: Goes to the C7, would be expected
Powerplant: PUSH between C6Z and C7
Curb Appeal: C6Z06 but that is me, if I said I do not like the looks of the newest vett should I expect to be shot down?

Last edited by Cbtvet; 07-07-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: wrong word usage
Old 07-07-2013, 10:23 PM
AGFNTB
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fully understand the C7 refinements over the pass generations but I look at it like this--

Refinements/Updates: Goes to the C7, would be expected
Powerplant: PUSH between C6Z and C7
Curb Appeal: C6Z06 but that is me, if I said I do not like the looks of the newest vett should I expect to be shot down?
Uh....it's the C7 forum. Lots of love in the C6 forums for C6 discussions.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:33 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm replying to this thread just so I can see a picture of the Z06 I had for three and a half years before I sold it last year. I loved the car. But I knew (among other reasons) that when the C7 came out I would not be happy not having the latest and greatest features. But I'll always have a soft spot for the car knowing that it is a true supercar.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:37 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

No love for the C6Z or any C6 or older on the C7 Forum. I do not understand the need for people to put down anyone who cannot buy the latest Corvette.

I bought a C4 brand new in 1989 and still have it to this day. I am thankful that I had the means to buy it, but as the years passed and the new generations came out I would pass other vettes on the road and the owners would not wave. It seems I was not good enough for the new corvette owners.

Many years later I was again in a position to buy another vette, and to be honest I just love the C6Z06 and that 427 engine (all natural). Now if you read the c7 forum, then if you do not get the latest Vette you are behind or just not with it. I can only imagine the number of C7s that will try to race the Z.

If the day comes and I can afford the newest vette it still will not replace that 427 and what it means, and when I drive that 427 I will have a smile on my face.
(1) Posts are a little easier to read when you break them into paragraphs. Just a suggestion.

(2) There's lots of love for the C6 Z06. On the C6 Z06 board. This is the C7 board. One way to tell is because there aren't 10,000 threads about LS7s dropping valves.

(3) Who on the C7 board is putting down C6 Z06s? I can't remember reading any thread putting down Z06s. I sure hope the LT1 (which is also all natural, if by that you mean no forced induction) sounds as much like the LS7 as it possibly can.

(4) Sorry you don't get waves from C5 or C6 drivers. They should wave, because we all owe a lot to the C4 for changing the Vette from a mere looker to a world-class performance car. I wave at every generation. When people don't wave back, either out of arrogance or not seeing me wave first, I drive on and try to get over it.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:42 PM
kdepew
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
I love my C6 Z06. It is a fantastic car, fast as hell, great for our cross country trips, beautiful to look at.

I also love the C7. However, as with cell phones and so many other things, time allows for improved components. Take a five year old cell phone and compare it to a new cell phone.

I will, next year, be selling my C6 Z06 and buying a C7 Z06 (just as when the C6 Z06 first came out I sold my C5).
Cell phones and cars are not a valid comparison. The rate of advances in cell phones dwarfs that of cars. Only the 'infotainment' system in a car becomes outdated at the same type of rate as the electronics industry. I don't buy a car for its infotainment system. I don't really care about that aspect of a car. Others do, which is fine.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Most of us love the C6 Z06.

Having said that, this is NOT the C6 Z06 section. Hell, this isn't even the C6 section.

Get a freaking grip on reality...
Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

No Love for the C6Z06 on C7 Forum

Keep things in perspective. First, as others have said, the C7 Section is bound to contain enthusiasm even bragging for the C7 - and the enthusiasm is justified as it's a great car.

Yes, some of the posters are over the top in putting down any previous Corvette model or year compared to the C7, and the C6 Z06 gets it's share of battering some days. But again lets talk perspective. There are some 27,523 mostly satisfied owners of C6 Z06's out there, compared to the few 'haters' you read from in the C7 Section. The difference is that those 25 thousand are out using and enjoying their cars and have little time to be debating their cars merits on CF. Not to mention all the 'hate' stems from folks whose new love, the C7, doesn't even exist in their driveway - only in their minds - and you know what a terrible place that can be for some . . . . .

C6 or C7 - owners and future owners of either are blessed and fortunate, imho

Last edited by michaelinmech; 07-07-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AGFNTB
Uh....it's the C7 forum. Lots of love in the C6 forums for C6 discussions.
Exactly!

This is the C7 section. If you want to discuss the C6, go do it in that forum.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:02 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

I'm just happy that my C6 Z06 will kick the C7 Vettes ***... DON'T CRY guys...
Old 07-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by 2013 Z06
I'm just happy that my C6 Z06 will kick the C7 Vettes ***... DON'T CRY guys...
And this is exactly why the C6 Z06 owners get a bad rap in this section.
Go puff out your chest in the Z06 section, nobody here cares.
S.

Get notified of new replies

To No Love for the C6Z06 on C7 Forum

Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Cbtvet
Instructor

I am sorry, there are post from people that feel the need to reply about formatting. I am in the wrong section I did not get love

These are the same people who I was thinking about when I wrote this post, I guess I did not write it well or get my point across.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:35 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Snorman
And this is exactly why the C6 Z06 owners get a bad rap in this section.
Go puff out your chest in the Z06 section, nobody here cares.
S.
Let the crying begin!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:40 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I just bought my 2013 60th anniversary Z06 3 weeks ago. I was going to wait for the C7 but wanted more power. I will say that when the C7 Z06 comes out I will be trading for it. I don't really give a **** what anyone says or thinks in these threads. I'm just glad I'm able to have a Corvette..

Last edited by 2019 ZR1; 07-07-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Quick Reply: No Love for the C6Z06 on C7 Forum