Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Article in AutoWeek to share...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Parker Corvette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SilverC6AZ I made the mistake of ordering the 4 cyl turbo charged engine with the 8 speed auto. In my opinion, BMW Z4 is getting more like the MB SLK which doesn't even offer a manual trans anymore. My test drive in the Boxster was all it took to get me to trade the Z4. The Boxsters interior was much nicer than the Z4. Z4 navigation was terrible. Convertibles are convertibles and not cars with targa tops. Not the same. Have owned several of each style. You'll like the creaking targa top. My test drive in a base Boxster at 8,000 feet elevation was fine. I'm not in high school anymore so racing is just not of interest to me.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:14 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado C6
Shank---I have owned too many Corvettes and experienced cheap materials and build quality. Let's not even get into the dealership experience with Chevrolet the land of the 400 credit score. My guess is that the C6.5 will continue to offer poor build quality and will continue to cut the corners everywhere possible as dictated by the GM bean counters. I don't think you have any clue about construction of an automobile. Let's just see about the reviews in regard to quality build and materials of the new C6.5 Based on the reviews, I may have to change my mind and refer to the new C6.4.
I've owned Ferraris. You are the clueless one. I've been to Maranello twice, Sant Agata twice and Gaydon once. All three factories were state of the art. I think you have to study up before you blurt out more nonsense about build construction. By the way, I use a Starrett dial caliper in my line of work. Ferraris, Lambo and Aston are all crafted. Porsche is a mass produced car. Corvettes are now equal to the standards of Porsche only with far higher performance specs.

Last edited by skank; 07-09-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Z

Wow, talk about perpetuating the stereotypical Vette owner.

I'm sure all the Boxster/Cayman drivers I saw racing at the Glen a couple weeks ago in their underpowered girly cars were just out there enjoying a quick "feel."
Did they end up getting a blood test for testosterone levels afterwards?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado C6
Jimmy== Let's price a GS convertible and a Boxster S. About the same. I'll take the quality built Porsche any time over the C6.5.
I was simply correcting you on what you were comparing, I have no desire to get in to yet another pissing match. Enjoy your Boxster, they are great cars, I will enjoy my C7 convertible which I feel certain will be a great car also.

Jimmy
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Colorado C6

That was a mistake to order the 4 cylinder Z4. That car with the standard interior is like night and day with the 35i with upgarded leather and interior.

I was all too happy to get back into my Z4 35i after test driving the severly underpowered Boxster Base. 70 mph and almost full throttle and the car would not get out of it's own way. Ugggh. Don't have to be a High School racer to be frustrated with that.

I have the upgraded Napa leather interior and upgraded interior package in my Z4, so the interior in my Z4 was on a par with that what I saw in the Boxster Base.

I could really care less if you think comparing the Boxster S to the C7 Coupe is apples to oranges. These are the 2 cars I am considering right now so the comparison makes sense to me.

NAV is a waste for me, and I don't have it, so I don't care what the NAV in the Z4 is like.

Had a 2007 C6 Coupe for 3 years. Top NEVER creaked!!! Sorry, can't answer that one for you.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 07-09-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Skank, didn't you get the message? You can't tell Colorado anything he is the brightest guy on the planet with the coolest car. He just comes here to tell everyone how cool he is and that his car is the best. Like you nobody notices this & the majority wish he would jump off a cliff. Don't waste your time he's a troll! Oh and if I buy a Porsche it won't be a coxter! It will be the real one, the 911. Go enjoy your coxter off a cliff in colorado
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Beach
Skank, didn't you get the message? You can't tell Colorado anything he is the brightest guy on the planet with the coolest car. He just comes here to tell everyone how cool he is and that his car is the best. Like you nobody notices this & the majority wish he would jump off a cliff. Don't waste your time he's a troll! Oh and if I buy a Porsche it won't be a coxter! It will be the real one, the 911. Go enjoy your coxter off a cliff in colorado
Sorry, but somebody has to straighten him out. He's a Porsche shill and he won't stop until he gets slammed with facts.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 AM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,300 Likes on 1,973 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
Sorry, but somebody has to straighten him out. He's a Porsche shill and he won't stop until he gets slammed with facts.
He's a Corvette hater and girly car lover. Thing I don't get is if he loves his girly car so much, why doesn't he take his discussion to another forum where he can discuss with his girlfriends? Why keep coming back here if he's so happy with his car? I guess insecurity is a girly trait.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 AM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by JockItch
He's a Corvette hater and girly car lover. Thing I don't get is if he loves his girly car so much, why doesn't he take his discussion to another forum where he can discuss with his girlfriends? Why keep coming back here if he's so happy with his car? I guess insecurity is a girly trait.

Yup, these types of threads seem to bring this guy out of the woodwork every time. I have no interest in any P Car, although I could probably afford any model they produce. Also, I don't bother to spend my time on a car Forum commenting on a car in which I have no interest. A Troll, for sure.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by 89L98
Yup, these types of threads seem to bring this guy out of the woodwork every time. I have no interest in any P Car, although I could probably afford any model they produce. Also, I don't bother to spend my time on a car Forum commenting on a car in which I have no interest. A Troll, for sure.
I don't understand this either. I don't go surfing on Hyundai sites....I'm not interested in the car and I certainly don't want to tell Hyundai owners my positive (or negative) thoughts about THEIR cars. The sad thing is that the Boxster IS a great car but, when a guy like Colorado C6 comes on a CORVETTE site, holding up his Porsche as a better car than a Corvette, the Boxster gets abused also (which it doesn't deserve). So, I am going to do my best to pile the abuse on the person (and not the car) that deserves it.

Jimmy
Old 07-09-2013, 01:43 PM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Colorado C6 is right about one thing. I did have a Porsche 911 targa and Porsche targa tops do creak.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I think a good definition of TROLL would be a Porsche fan in a Corvette Forum who does not know one generation from the next. I wonder of that could be accepted by Webster?
Old 07-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
You are deluded. A torrential downpour of facts has yet to influence him or his ilk; what makes you think you are not wasting your time like many others had been doing until they put these guys on "ignore?"

Old 07-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Trackaholic
You could phrase it the other way and say, "If you care about stuff GM can't seem to get right, like precision and balance, then get the Cayman. If you only care about brute force and crappy interiors, get the Vette"

Of course, those negatives about the Vette may have been fixed with the C7,
Does not look like they fixed the center console & ****** uncomfortable armrest.

The center console still looks like cheap plastic & the armrest looks like a rock again. Does it feel as hard as the C6 armrest? I hope not. How does GM overlook things like that? It's common sense. WTF GM?!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Does not look like they fixed the center console & ****** uncomfortable armrest.

The center console still looks like cheap plastic & the armrest looks like a rock again. Does it feel as hard as the C6 armrest? I hope not. How does GM overlook things like that? It's common sense. WTF GM?!
If GM gives you a nice, soft comfortable armrest, then they alienate all the after-market C7 vendors that begged and pleaded with GM and probaly paid them off, to not to put a nice soft one in the C7.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC6AZ
If GM gives you a nice, soft comfortable armrest, then they alienate all the after-market C7 vendors that begged and pleaded with GM and probaly paid them off, to not to put a nice soft one in the C7.

Quick Reply: Article in AutoWeek to share...