Sponsored by:

If a dealer had NO allotment

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If a dealer had NO allotment

If a dealer had no allotment would GM accept a C7 order from them?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

If they are not one of the 900 official dealers, no.

If they just don't have a current allotment but will get more down the line, I would assume the answer is they could submit it but it wouldn't be accepted until their allotment comes up.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike O'Daniel

Team Corvette is calling it Dealer Allocation. Currently there are only 900ish dealers that have net the requirements to sell the C7 Corvette. If a dealer does not have allocation, it may be because they did not meet the requirements this time around and may be getting allocation next time - or they may be a dealer that will never receive allocation.

And directly to the point, if a dealer does not have allocation for a vehicle, regardless of model, the manufacturer will not accept a dealer order.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Ok. this iswhat it says under my order number tracking. Your dealer has received an order number from Chevrolet. Once your dealer has an available production slot, your order will be scheduled for production.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Ok. this iswhat it says under my order number tracking. Your dealer has received an order number from Chevrolet. Once your dealer has an available production slot, your order will be scheduled for production.
Then Chevy needs to open a production slot for some vehicles for your specific dealer and following they that will authorize a production start date.

Basically, you're at the mercy of Chevy saying "Ok Mr. Dealer... we can make some cars for you now".
Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

That is totally different from allocation. That means you dealer has allocation, has submitted an order for a car to be built, the manufacturer has accepted the order and assigned an order number and the car will ne scheduled to be built once the plant has a time slot.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
That is totally different from allocation. That means you dealer has allocation, has submitted an order for a car to be built, the manufacturer has accepted the order and assigned an order number and the car will ne scheduled to be built once the plant has a time slot.
Thanks Michael for the clarification!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Not correct. Since the dealer was able to submit the order, that means he was one of the 900 dealers that is a Corvette dealers and was given an initial production estimate for the first 6-9 months of production. Dealers that are not part of this group can not even submit an order for a Vette, or get an order number.

What the OP is quoting sounds like what comes from the Chevy order tracking site for an order that is sitting at event code 1100. Meaning he has an order in, but the dealer has NOT been given allocation yet on consensus to fill it. It will continue at this status until the dealer gets allocation to fill the order.

OP, if you post your order number, I can confirm this for you.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:05 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

NO, THAT HAS BEEN AN ONGOING PROBLEM, the dealer knows he has no cars, but thinks if he begs GM because "its' sold" they will just give him one.....nope sorry.

I appreciate GM keeping the allocation as it is, many of us have supported Corvette beyond what some of these...____________
dealers. My opinion, you either truly support the car or you don't...NOT just when there is a hot new hard to get car......

Please let me know if we can assist, 3 out of 4 I sell go out of state.

Much appreciated
Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Mike O'Daniel -

It would certainly appear I gave you incorrect info. I defer to both GM'er and Rick Conti for the proper explanation.

Rick is a supporting dealer here on the Forum and has an excellent reputation. I would take him up on his invitation to contact him for assistance.

My apology Mike
Old 07-16-2013, 08:48 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Mike O'Daniel -

It would certainly appear I gave you incorrect info. I defer to both GM'er and Rick Conti for the proper explanation.

Rick is a supporting dealer here on the Forum and has an excellent reputation. I would take him up on his invitation to contact him for assistance.

My apology Mike
Thanks Mike.....I have allocation for the up coming consensus!

I'll be out of town for a few days, but checking email - thanks everyone
rickconti@coughlincars.com
Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Rick is the man.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Originally Posted by GM'er
Not correct. Since the dealer was able to submit the order, that means he was one of the 900 dealers that is a Corvette dealers and was given an initial production estimate for the first 6-9 months of production. Dealers that are not part of this group can not even submit an order for a Vette, or get an order number.

What the OP is quoting sounds like what comes from the Chevy order tracking site for an order that is sitting at event code 1100. Meaning he has an order in, but the dealer has NOT been given allocation yet on consensus to fill it. It will continue at this status until the dealer gets allocation to fill the order.

You are Awesome GM'er!! My order #: RDKT8G, state is Arizona! Thank you!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:51 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

You are Awesome GM'er!! My order #: RDKT8G, state is Arizona! Thank you!
Your order is at event code 2000. Since it got here, it means your dealer was already given allocation and you are moving through the process.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Your order is at event code 2000. Since it got here, it means your dealer was already given allocation and you are moving through the process.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:49 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Let me add that a dealer in the 900 can even order a car that won't be made for several months, the convertible. The status sits at 1100 until he actually gets a convertible allocation. That's my situation. Order no. RDKXX0 from MT dealer, currently at 1100, and probably will stay there for a few months.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:19 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Let me add that a dealer in the 900 can even order a car that won't be made for several months, the convertible. The status sits at 1100 until he actually gets a convertible allocation. That's my situation. Order no. RDKXX0 from MT dealer, currently at 1100, and probably will stay there for a few months.

I didn't think dealers even had their ordering info, i.e. codes, options, pricing, etc. for Convertibles yet ?

Get notified of new replies

To If a dealer had NO allotment

Old 07-18-2013, 04:03 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I didn't think dealers even had their ordering info, i.e. codes, options, pricing, etc. for Convertibles yet ?
Most of the price lists, order guides, and the spreadsheet posted in the C7 stickies have convertible info included. Other than changing the basic vehicle code, 1YX67 - Corvette: Stingray Convertible with Z51, in my case, most of the options remain the same. Obviously, things like a CF roof, or dual roof panels don't apply. I guess they just opened up convertible ordering, because I told my dealer I wanted one several months ago, and the order was placed last week.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Vuron00
1st Gear

Perhaps you can clear something up for me. When I started the process of ordering the Vette, I assumed that allocation worked as it had with the Camaro (a dealer with 3 allocations was getting 3 per/MONTH).

My local dealer has 3 allocations for the Vette and I had originally assumed that these 3 would be built in the first month, so I was OK going on the list at #4. Are you saying that these initial 3 allocations will have build dates spreading over the first 6-9 months and THEN I would have to wait until my dealership received another allocation before mine was scheduled? So, since my dealership has 3 allocations and I'm order #4, that I might not get my car for almost a year?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vuron00
Perhaps you can clear something up for me. When I started the process of ordering the Vette, I assumed that allocation worked as it had with the Camaro (a dealer with 3 allocations was getting 3 per/MONTH).

My local dealer has 3 allocations for the Vette and I had originally assumed that these 3 would be built in the first month, so I was OK going on the list at #4. Are you saying that these initial 3 allocations will have build dates spreading over the first 6-9 months and THEN I would have to wait until my dealership received another allocation before mine was scheduled? So, since my dealership has 3 allocations and I'm order #4, that I might not get my car for almost a year?
Bingo, we have a winner..... Actually, they might have 3 allocations for the first 3 consensus cycles, which would make you next for the next consensus cycle in late August... Expect your car under the, uh, holiday tree....

Last edited by TOVetteFan; 07-18-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: If a dealer had NO allotment