Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forbes Magazine #1 Hottest Car for 2014

Old 07-17-2013, 10:09 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Forbes Magazine #1 Hottest Car for 2014

Enjoy the read... I am sure the C7 will be highlighted in every major car magazine next month.
Nothing ground breaking here, but its nice to see the acknowledgment.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/ehmk4...ette-stingray/

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 07-17-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Picked ahead of some pretty decent hardware including the S-class, F-type and 4-series.
S.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:27 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was skeptical after seeing the link was from forbes, but after viewing the slideshow I actually agree with their rankings
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 PM
rijowysock
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as with most magazines, i wonder what went on behind the scenes to get the promotion.. it is a great car, ... but there are a lot of great cars coming out.

i know for a fact SRT was dumping money left and right to promote the Viper so they could use said interest to lure in investors... (which is why it took so long to finally get built, as they were no longer "dodge")

i'm all for the vette and it being popular.. but curious what goes on behind closed doors.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

I am sure like all big business they are lobbying left and right for PR and headlines. A lot is at stake. Hopefully the new car lives up to it. Confidence is high.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:43 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i know for a fact FIAT was dumping money left and right to promote the Viper so they could use said interest to lure in investors... (which is why it took so long to finally get built, as they were no longer "dodge" but rather FIAT!)
Fixed it for ya.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:30 PM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Fixed it for ya.
I read it just like that.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:40 AM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts

Every mag wants to feature the C7 because it will sell the magazine. The car is red hot.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 AM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn... the "sequel" to my current car kinda got snubbed.

... But I guess it somewhat makes sense. There's a lot of new things to like about it, but the powertrain is still eight years old now.

Very happy to see the Vette atop the charts, though.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:49 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Cool!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:17 AM
Suttleone
Instructor

Default Legroom is the one most import factors there is.

No matter how fast or how great it handles no car is worth anything if you can't sit in it comfortably. I was looking forward to the Jaguar F Type until I tried to sit in it. My C6 is just fine on space. Considering that a large percentage of these type cares are purchased by big sports stars, it seems silly to not take them into consideration. I'm 6' 3" so I'm not that big.
Originally Posted by Snorman
Picked ahead of some pretty decent hardware including the S-class, F-type and 4-series.
S.

Last edited by Suttleone; 07-18-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: abreviation needed correcting.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:09 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

Well, for me it wins by default considering I have little interest in owning any of the other 14 cars listed.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:42 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I just don't see the F series as that big a deal. I really don't. It's an attractive car but it's still not an exotic looking thing nor does it have remarkable power.

I think they made a mistake in not making a coupe. As much as I like soft top convertibles, they are not for everyone. If they followed the Vette model, they are losing like 60% of their sales right there.

Plus, I think a coupe would have looked a lot better and more unique.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
I just don't see the F series as that big a deal. I really don't. It's an attractive car but it's still not an exotic looking thing nor does it have remarkable power.
Plus...it's a friggen Jaguar. I mean, that alone is enough to make me run away.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:59 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,830 Likes on 659 Posts

I think they made a mistake in not making a coupe. As much as I like soft top convertibles, they are not for everyone. If they followed the Vette model, they are losing like 60% of their sales right there.

I finally got to see an F-Type in person for the first time this past Saturday and let me tell you I was NOT impressed. The car looks good from the front, but the rest of it just didn't work for me at all. It's about the same size as a Z4 or SLK(ie, very tiny) and the overall look is just not something that flows really well....especially when compared to an XKR they had on the lot that is still one of the most beautiful cars made today. The real kicker, though, was the sticker price...$112k for the 495hp R version! Basically, you could buy 2 new C7's for the price of that F-type which makes it all the more ridiculous.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:02 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
I finally got to see an F-Type in person for the first time this past Saturday and let me tell you I was NOT impressed. The car looks good from the front, but the rest of it just didn't work for me at all. It's about the same size as a Z4 or SLK(ie, very tiny) and the overall look is just not something that flows really well....especially when compared to an XKR they had on the lot that is still one of the most beautiful cars made today. The real kicker, though, was the sticker price...$112k for the 495hp R version! Basically, you could buy 2 new C7's for the price of that F-type which makes it all the more ridiculous.
Don't forget the historical poor resale value of Jag's.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

The coupe is coming. It's already been spotted testing around Europe.

On the contrary, I do think the V8S is pretty damn fast. It should trap 118-120mph in the hands of the magazines. And LOUD. Very loud. Let it sit at 2000rpm, let off the gas and its like constant gunfire from the exhaust. Really cool. I think its even more aggressive than the SLS AMG.

For $100K, it might not seem like a good deal to some, but then you realize that the Porsche 991S Cab is another $30K on top of the Jag, and it looks pretty good.

Don't see why people on here seem to hate Jaguar. The F-Type is a great 2 seat GT IMO. The C7 Z51 should outperform it pretty easily at the track though.

Get notified of new replies

To Forbes Magazine #1 Hottest Car for 2014

Old 07-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Parker Corvette
Pro

The first word in the Corvette description is key here It was Arguably. That doesn't sound like they are convinced that the C6.5 is really the winner.

There was no test drive. No comparison of these cars what so ever.

Arguably is the most important word in that description.

By the way Road and Track just published a road test between the Jaguar F and Porsche Boxster S. Porsche won hands down. Read the article before responding or lose face.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado C6

By the way Road and Track just published a road test between the Jaguar F and Porsche Boxster S. Porsche won hands down. Read the article before responding or lose face.
Chris Harris also had a road test of the Jag vs the 991S Cab and the Aston V8 Vantage. The Jag won out for him.

The Boxster won by 2 points in the R&T test. I wouldn't call that hands down domination.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM
billsblue73
Instructor

We currently have two Jaguars, in addition to our two Corvettes, and have owned five over the years. I've driven the F-Type V8S and it was very nice. If there wasn't a C7 Corvette I would have probably bought the Jag. Oh by the way, I just placed my order for the C7. The F-Type seems to be more of a GT than a sports car. As mentioed earlier the sound is incredible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forbes Magazine #1 Hottest Car for 2014