Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
BLKTA
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location:
Default (Pics added) C7 Z51 in new Motor Trend: Refined Tuning

I'll cut to the their numbers which are below. Overall a pretty good article. Sorry if this is a repost.

1.11 g
3.9 sec 0-60 mph
12.2 @117 mph 1/4 mile
60-0 mph braking 104 ft

Here's the cover (see other posts for complete article)
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by BLKTA; 07-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.
BLKTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Stingray23
CF Senior Member
 
Stingray23's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Default

Damn! 1.11gs'?!?!
Stingray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Jesterissimo
CF Senior Member
 
Jesterissimo's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2013
Default

They promised us a car that could pull one G but come on - what a bunch of over achievers
Jesterissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
BLKTA
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location:
Default

Braking 60-0 mph was 104 ft.
BLKTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
WhiteAndBlackC7
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Default

The 1/4 mile is a bit weak, right?? GM quoted 12 flat @ 119mph. I know there might be margins to adjust due to elevation/temp/etc. but I was really looking for 11.9ish @ 120 or better...
WhiteAndBlackC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
Stingray23
CF Senior Member
 
Stingray23's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Default

impressive. any pics from the mag?
Stingray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
C7 4 Me
CF Senior Member
 
C7 4 Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Default

Wow, those specs are pretty amazing. Very cool.
C7 4 Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
larryfdx
CF Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Default

What?!!! What?!!! What?!!! Mags out already? I thought it would be next week at the earliest...please give us more! Thanks for the post!
larryfdx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
BLKTA
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location:
Default

I receive it via e-subscription and it's hard to copy and save the pics. It's the cover article for the Sept issue of Motor Trend with a full 7 page article with the test drive and technical highlights.
BLKTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
C7 4 Me
CF Senior Member
 
C7 4 Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Default

I'll probably go ahead and order the mag tonight on my ipad then. Interested in reading the article
C7 4 Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
larryfdx
CF Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTA View Post
I receive it via e-subscription and it's hard to copy and save the pics. It's the cover article for the Sept issue of Motor Trend with a full 7 page article with the test drive and technical highlights.
Ok then, could you tell us what they said about the handling, steering, seats and overall quality? Maybe if they said anything about how it compares to other cars, ie 911 and Caymans, etc?
larryfdx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
BLKTA
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfdx View Post
Ok then, could you tell us what they said about the handling, steering, seats and overall quality? Maybe if they said anything about how it compares to other cars, ie 911 and Caymans, etc?
The article's theme is how easy the C7 is to drive hard and comparing the different aspects to the C6.

- Test price was $68K so it a loaded Z51 with the NPP exhaust, MRC (gushed about this) and carbon fiber interior. They wrote favorably about all of those.
- they complimented the GT seats and noted they're much better compared to the C6 seats. They did mention the upcoming Recaro's are better suited for track use and not for long distance trips.
- There's a whole page for the interior highlighting the dial a mode suspension which allows you to create your own driving modes by combining the different PTM's, etc.
- The HUD and dash color displays look to be hd and easy to read.
- Big improvement on the tunnel heat compared to the C6.
- Ride quality is exceptional even with the roof removed.

Best quote of the article:

"The magical result is quite simply the easiest Corvette yet to thrash hard. and yes, it does so without emasculating the car or making it feel anodyne, while preserving its essential Corvetteness."
BLKTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
Snorman
Deal with it.
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Snorman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteAndBlackC7 View Post
The 1/4 mile is a bit weak, right?? GM quoted 12 flat @ 119mph. I know there might be margins to adjust due to elevation/temp/etc. but I was really looking for 11.9ish @ 120 or better...
I wouldn't sweat it, it's .3 quicker and 2mph faster than a recently tested '12 Grand Sport. Lots more data will be coming in over the next few weeks.

S.
Snorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
Tony C7
CF Senior Member
 
Tony C7's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2013
Location: Los Angeles CA
Tony Amarillas Tony Amarillas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteAndBlackC7 View Post
The 1/4 mile is a bit weak, right?? GM quoted 12 flat @ 119mph. I know there might be margins to adjust due to elevation/temp/etc. but I was really looking for 11.9ish @ 120 or better...
Tony C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
Aviator
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
 
Aviator's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 1999
Location: Decatur GA
Default

Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
Jesterissimo
CF Senior Member
 
Jesterissimo's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2013
Default

Be interesting to see if the other mags get the same results. Guessing not only the course, wind, elevation but also the actual test driver are going to have some impact.
Jesterissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #17
VRMMMM
CF Senior Member
 
VRMMMM's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2000
Location: Anaheim Hills, Calif.
Default

This is great. I can't wait for the first C7 vs 911 comparison. Think I will down load this article when I get home from work. Thanks for posting.
VRMMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
larryfdx
CF Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTA View Post
The article's theme is how easy the C7 is to drive hard and comparing the different aspects to the C6.

- Test price was $68K so it a loaded Z51 with the NPP exhaust, MRC (gushed about this) and carbon fiber interior. They wrote favorably about all of those.
- they complimented the GT seats and noted they're much better compared to the C6 seats. They did mention the upcoming Recaro's are better suited for track use and not for long distance trips.
- There's a whole page for the interior highlighting the dial a mode suspension which allows you to create your own driving modes by combining the different PTM's, etc.
- The HUD and dash color displays look to be hd and easy to read.
- Big improvement on the tunnel heat compared to the C6.
- Ride quality is exceptional even with the roof removed.

Best quote of the article:

"The magical result is quite simply the easiest Corvette yet to thrash hard. and yes, it does so without emasculating the car or making it feel anodyne, while preserving its essential Corvetteness."
BLKTA, you are the hero for the week!
larryfdx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #19
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

I'm very curious what they said about the handling. How is the handling/steering better or worse? How about the tires? Did they test only the Z51? Where did they test it?
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #20
theseal
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
Damn! 1.11gs'?!?!
well, remember 1.1 g's is not what it used to be...

on good hoosiers a C6z will see 1.49+ g's on good concrete. (any kind of banking of course sends those numbers up.

even on old normal daily driver tires will see 1.2 or more even on flat asphalt).

Just depends on conditions, track, etc. I expect that is a pretty good number for the small tires they are running.
theseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page C7 Z51 in new Motor Trend: Refined Tuning
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Track Times = Happy! Nosferatu C6 Corvette General Discussion 19 03-16-2014 07:29 PM
Speedo off (slow) 10MPH at all speeds inc 0 tixeon C3 Tech/Performance 12 08-26-2013 10:46 PM
Wall St. Journal C7/C2 rick66 C1 & C2 Corvettes 1 08-24-2013 08:42 AM
C7 & Ferrari Sunset-C6 Other Cars 9 01-07-2013 09:54 PM
GEIGER ZR1 0-62mph in 4.3s - A tad high? Telepierre C6 Corvette ZR1 5 07-18-2012 10:29 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Emails & Password Backup