Originally Posted by larryfdx
Ok then, could you tell us what they said about the handling, steering, seats and overall quality? Maybe if they said anything about how it compares to other cars, ie 911 and Caymans, etc?
The article's theme is how easy the C7 is to drive hard and comparing the different aspects to the C6.
- Test price was $68K so it a loaded Z51 with the NPP exhaust, MRC (gushed about this) and carbon fiber interior. They wrote favorably about all of those.
- they complimented the GT seats and noted they're much better compared to the C6 seats. They did mention the upcoming Recaro's are better suited for track use and not for long distance trips.
- There's a whole page for the interior highlighting the dial a mode suspension which allows you to create your own driving modes by combining the different PTM's, etc.
- The HUD and dash color displays look
to be hd and easy to read.
- Big improvement on the tunnel heat compared to the C6.
- Ride quality is exceptional even with the roof removed.
Best quote of the article:
"The magical result is quite simply the easiest Corvette yet to thrash hard. and yes, it does so without emasculating the car or making it feel anodyne, while preserving its essential Corvetteness."