C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm 6'4" 260 and I fit in the C7 with room to spare...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:34 AM
grandadsvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Hi- Does this come from a credible source or is it hearsay? Thanks.
It came from someone in Bowling Green
Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 PM
KNDVETT
Instructor

Default Thanks

At 6'4 240 glad for the positive chatter.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Specracer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Travisnd, your post was very informative and very encouraging! Thank you!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:23 PM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

[QUOTE=travisnd;1584490917]Drove up to the NCRS National Convention, which happened to be in Hampton, VA this year, to check out the C7.

I've had a few C5s and want a C7. Took a long lunch break to go check out the car. I'm 6'4" 260 so all the chatter on the forum had be worried about fitting in it.

It has plenty of room. The trick is to get the seat all the way down and back. If the seat back is reclined too far the seat won't go all the way back so here's the order I used.

1. Slide the seat base forward.

2. Incline the seat back.

3. Put the seat base all the way down. Make sure the seat base back and front are all the way down; it will tilt up.

4. Put the seat base (entire seat) all the way back until it won't go any more.

5. Recline the seat back until it hits the "wall" panel behind it.

6. Get in.

7. Move seat base about 1" forward.

8. Recline seat back until it hits the rear wall again.

This is the way I have always had my seat. I am 6'2 and in a C6 my legs can stretch all the way out. I could drive I easy on a long trip 900 miles.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:46 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by travisnd
Drove up to the NCRS National Convention, which happened to be in Hampton, VA this year, to check out the C7.

I've had a few C5s and want a C7. Took a long lunch break to go check out the car. I'm 6'4" 260 so all the chatter on the forum had be worried about fitting in it.

It has plenty of room. The trick is to get the seat all the way down and back. If the seat back is reclined too far the seat won't go all the way back so here's the order I used.

3. Put the seat base all the way down. Make sure the seat base back and front are all the way down; it will tilt up.

6. Get in.

I had a good 1.5" over my head before I hit the headliner. When I first got in I felt a little too close to the roof and too upright, but had more leg room than needed. Moving the seat up a little and reclining it a little more made it perfect. The steering column is power tilt and telescope so I could get it exactly where I needed it.

The car is a little tighter side to side than a C5, but in no way uncomfortable. The passenger side does have less leg room but I still fit there too. Not sure I'd want to take a long road trip in the passenger seat, but I fit w/o touching the dash or any interior panels.

Car is stunning... I'm sold. I guaranty most complaining about not fitting don't have the seat all the way down/back.

they should limit sales to those prospects with at least a masters in math or physics, to determine how to adjust the seat. you should write gm and offer to put that into a format they could use in their manual.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Doc Born
Cruising

Originally Posted by travisnd
Drove up to the NCRS National Convention, which happened to be in Hampton, VA this year, to check out the C7.

6. Get in.

I had a good 1.5" over my head before I hit the headliner. When I first got in I felt a little too close to the roof and too upright, but had more leg room than needed. Moving the seat up a little and reclining it a little more made it perfect. The steering column is power tilt and telescope so I could get it exactly where I needed it.

The car is a little tighter side to side than a C5, but in no way uncomfortable. The passenger side does have less leg room but I still fit there too. Not sure I'd want to take a long road trip in the passenger seat, but I fit w/o touching the dash or any interior panels.

Car is stunning... I'm sold. I guaranty most complaining about not fitting don't have the seat all the way down/back.

Wait until you sit in it for a 40 mile drive. You'll find that your 260 lb butt gets pinched by the 115 lb bucket seat!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,969 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc Born
Wait until you sit in it for a 40 mile drive. You'll find that your 260 lb butt gets pinched by the 115 lb bucket seat!
I disagree. I'm he same size as the OP, and the seat is very comfortable. Couldn't be more comfortable.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:21 PM
fredmills
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You must not have a left thigh. I'm 6' - 190 lbs. I love my car but left seat bolster bothers my left thigh. Not so in my 1995 C4.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:37 PM
SonOfGaladriel
Racer

I'm 6'3", longer in the torso. I can just barely get comfortable head room with the seat all the way down and tilted back. However, for me the issue is being able to see comfortably out the windshield. When looking straight ahead with normal head position, my eyes are looking directly into the head liner just above the visor.
This is just showroom trials as I have not driven one yet.
Do you taller guys, 6'3" or taller, find yourselves ducking your head in order to fully see through the windshield? I would think this 'turtle head' position would get very uncomfortable after just a short time.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,969 Likes on 1,667 Posts

I'm 6'4" and pretty evenly proportioned. I have to duck a little if I'm at a stoplight, but oh well. The rear view mirror housing is smaller than my C6, so that's easier to see around. All in all, I fit fine and enjoy the car immensely. At the end of the day, it's one of the few sports cars I reasonably fit in. Curse of a tall guy.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

great info !

I try to caution those who sit in a C7; and may find the interior room not to their liking.

There are different type seats available from the factory for the C7. Make certain you identify the specific seat you are sitting in !!! It might be the particular seat style that's making it uncomfortable... and not the overall car itself. I myself have always had a problem getting comfy in "competition" type seats. They seem to want to force proper posture which my physique.... hates. Standard seats always seem to fit me better.

So, instead of commenting later "I sat in a C7 and it was tight/uncomfortable/..."

its more helpfull to say " I sat in a C7 with "x" style seats and it was tight/uncomfortable"

Already have plans to go to the NCM Bash next month, where I can sample all the various seats (and view the 2015 colors)
Old 02-25-2015, 10:48 AM
10mm_
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

great info
Old 02-25-2015, 11:10 AM
TRAKCAR
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm 6' 4".

There is no way.
I spent a good 20 minutes following the instructions to try and get in.

My height comes from my legs inseam 37.
There is no way I could ever heel n toe in, there is just not enough room and I am still 1/2" from the glass. No way I could ever fit in it, let along comfortably with a helmet.

Maybe an automatic I can fit but not comfortable.

The Corvette is useless and written off as a potential occasional DE track day car. Even a Cayman is much more comfortable. Great car, horrific packaging for tall guys.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:31 PM
zcobra1
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 52 Posts

Agree, no way if you have a large frame, wide hip bones, etc.

Did the same, read the adjust seat directions here, and tried out 2 different Vette's,
regular seats, and comp seats. Sat in them for a while, the back support and side
support was ok, so backrest OK....

The seat bottom is not wide enough, and the small side bolsters start to hurt
My femur after sitting in them shortly. I end up sitting on the seat bottom side support.
Headroom, 1/2 for me, not enough. Headliner way too low, like looking through
a gunslit, rear view mirror blocks a lot of road. I had a car similar to the C7
Back in 1993, a Mazda RX-7, had to remove the rear view mirror as I almost ran over
people in a crosswalk, blocked them completely, and could not see traffic lights.

I was ready to buy a C7, still want one, just do not see a work around other than changing
seats or lowering stock seat and reworking seat bottom.
I bought a 2013 Z instead as it has a little more room and easier to fit a race seat.

I am 6'3 and 230#. It is not necessarily weight that makes the fit hard, it is more
bone structure, hip and femur bone width. Everyone is different build, that is why
A 190# guy can be uncomfortable, while a 260# guy is ok.
Bones do not compress, flesh and fatty tissue does, so just because someone says
They are 220#, don't think they do not fit because they are fat, they may have a
Low bmi and still not fit.

Lastly, I wear size 13 shoes, and that foot tunnel has shrunk on the C7....
I find the C6 tight for pedals, but it works. This for a stick of course, the only
way I want one.

No way I could wear a helmet on track days- part of the use of he car.
Again, I still long for a C7, but looks like I have been " sized out" of the market.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:02 PM
bilzvette
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 6'4" fits, old post bumped

bump for the guy who couldn't fit.
bill
Old 03-02-2015, 03:14 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default fit and comfortable?

fitting is one thing but being comfortable for a prolonged period is another.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:59 PM
garye
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '21

I’m 6’4” and 245-250 pounds. I had a auto vert C7 or 6 months> I was constantly bumping my knees on the dash. I opened my trunk 4 out of 5 times getting out by hitting the button with my knees. I miss the roof but barely, I could feel it on my hair and around my ribcage and butt, it was way too tight for me. I swapped keys for a C6 2013 427 and it felt much better. So I tried, but for me the C6 is more comfortable. Try both and pick, thats all you can do. But if its a little uncomfortable right away it will just get worse long term. I wanted to fit in mine so bad that I bought it, but after several months it had to go.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

How ironic....one of my close friends owns a 2012 ZR1. His wife is 5'3". She says he can't get a Stingray because SHE doesn't fit in the C7......LOL!
Old 06-17-2017, 02:03 PM
Bob Beroza
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 161 Posts

It would be nice if someone that has done this procedure could provide a video for us to see...thanks
Old 06-17-2017, 02:21 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default compromise

you would be much more comfortable in a C6, but obviously if you like the C7 it is a no brainer.

tried to love the C7 but just felt too crammed inside and i don't have your dimensions.

maybe the C8 will be a better "fit", but i sort of doubt it.

Quick Reply: I'm 6'4" 260 and I fit in the C7 with room to spare...