C7 Corvette Stingray - Massive Burnout Compilation

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by z edge
AWESOME VIDEO! & yes, everyone should do at least one burnout in their vette.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Konrad
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I keep seeing these videos of burnouts. The power-train and components are under extreme stress and the expensive tires are being shredded. What I need to understand is why people would rather do that to their cars than ride 20,000 miles or more on their tires. Under the right circumstances most cars will do some form of burnout. Is it something that makes drivers feel more superior than one that can downshift with expertise through a decreasing radius turn from speed? I thought that might be a better use of the expensive tires. My car will be 'my car', paid for and maintained by me. It's expensive enough to start with and I intend to do many miles enjoying it's excellent performance and drive ability without unnecessary abuse. Just somebody please tell me what the abuse proves.

Rad22, I totally agree with you
Thanks
It doesn't prove anything and it's not always meant to show off.

It's like going on a roller coaster. It's a rush and it's meant to have fun. I like to fish tail coming out of a turn while burning some rubber. Is it abuse? Maybe, but it's fun as hell and the car can definitely take it. Sometimes, I just like to go into an empty parking lot with no one around and do a couple of donuts while listening to Iron Maiden.

People that own these cars and don't try these things once in a while just don't benefit from the full potential, but to each of their own I guess.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:38 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Some people that own Corvettes should consider trading them in on a Prius.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
In general, I think burnouts and excessive drifting are some of the most stupid things one can do with a sophisticated automobile. In general drifting is not the fastest way to go around a curve and a smoking burnout is not the fastest way to get acceleration. It basically just shows a lack of talent or showing off.
Originally Posted by zr-1 guy
it's called having fun....
The zaino masters do not approve lol. Always a buzz kill around here hence the example.

Originally Posted by zland
x2
Old 08-23-2013, 01:55 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

This is for anyone who thinks it's a bad idea to do lots of burnouts on a press launch. It's just a reply to a Jalop commenter, but I felt worth re-posting because there seem to be a lot of people who think you shouldn't abuse a press car. From Jalop:

holy **** you ****ing whiner. You act like a pre-production C7 Vette is something special; something worth saving, like a Bugatti Atlantic or a McLaren F1. No matter what I do to this car in this video, whether I launch it, drift it, run it to its top speed, do reverse J-turns, or straight up take a **** on the dashboard, the outcome will be the same: the car will die at the hands of the crusher in the next six months. The Clutch isn't worth saving. The transmission isn't worth saving. The engine, the rear differential, the brakes, the axles, the body panels, and last but not least, the tires, are not worth saving. These are pre-production cars. They have no VIN number and cannot be sold or registered for street use. Manufacturers won't even sell them to people like me for project cars or track duty. They are crusher food; marketing budget write-offs for which this stupid three-minute video will bring WAY more than the value of an un-sellable Corvette to GM.

You need to understand something, sir, loud and clear. If you were to hand me the keys to your personal vehicle, be it a pickup truck, a rolls royce, or a ****ing beater corolla, I would treat that vehicle better than if it were my own. I have the utmost resect for cars and the people who choose to lend them to me. Those people, and indeed yourself, probably care very much about their cars. GM does not care about these Corvettes, and especially not these clutches and tires. These cars, all 20+ of them at the launch, are a marketing write off.

The best thing I could do for GM, the people whose hard earned dollars and hours went into this car, is to roast the **** out of these tires at every opportunity; to beat the **** out of it, and show what it can do and how it can make people smile. The C7 Corvette is amazing, and I owe it to those people to ****ing romp on it on the press launch, get it on video and share it with you.

And if you feel sympathy for the car, I understand why, but don't waste your time, because it's got less than six months to live anyway. Better I smoke the **** out of those tires than someone from the "wheels" section of your local shitrag crawls around Pebble Beach for an hour before complaining that it doesn't come with a dual-clutch.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:59 PM
BAD2000TA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zland
No kidding!!! Bunch G-D pansies in here!!! "ewww...it might hurt the engine...ewwwwww......tires are expensive......ewwwwww.....rubber on the rear quarter panel."

F'ing grow a pair!!!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D
This is for anyone who thinks it's a bad idea to do lots of burnouts on a press launch. It's just a reply to a Jalop commenter, but I felt worth re-posting because there seem to be a lot of people who think you shouldn't abuse a press car. From Jalop:

holy **** you ****ing whiner. You act like a pre-production C7 Vette is something special; something worth saving, like a Bugatti Atlantic or a McLaren F1. No matter what I do to this car in this video, whether I launch it, drift it, run it to its top speed, do reverse J-turns, or straight up take a **** on the dashboard, the outcome will be the same: the car will die at the hands of the crusher in the next six months. The Clutch isn't worth saving. The transmission isn't worth saving. The engine, the rear differential, the brakes, the axles, the body panels, and last but not least, the tires, are not worth saving. These are pre-production cars. They have no VIN number and cannot be sold or registered for street use. Manufacturers won't even sell them to people like me for project cars or track duty. They are crusher food; marketing budget write-offs for which this stupid three-minute video will bring WAY more than the value of an un-sellable Corvette to GM.

You need to understand something, sir, loud and clear. If you were to hand me the keys to your personal vehicle, be it a pickup truck, a rolls royce, or a ****ing beater corolla, I would treat that vehicle better than if it were my own. I have the utmost resect for cars and the people who choose to lend them to me. Those people, and indeed yourself, probably care very much about their cars. GM does not care about these Corvettes, and especially not these clutches and tires. These cars, all 20+ of them at the launch, are a marketing write off.

The best thing I could do for GM, the people whose hard earned dollars and hours went into this car, is to roast the **** out of these tires at every opportunity; to beat the **** out of it, and show what it can do and how it can make people smile. The C7 Corvette is amazing, and I owe it to those people to ****ing romp on it on the press launch, get it on video and share it with you.

And if you feel sympathy for the car, I understand why, but don't waste your time, because it's got less than six months to live anyway. Better I smoke the **** out of those tires than someone from the "wheels" section of your local shitrag crawls around Pebble Beach for an hour before complaining that it doesn't come with a dual-clutch.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:49 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

I see $2000 extra needed after getting this car very soon.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Well ****ing said!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:38 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Man loved it. Thanks for posting!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

completely! I smiled while watching the video, could tell how much fun they were having doing it too.

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette Stingray - Massive Burnout Compilation