Originally Posted by Hirohawa
That looks really great!

Can you do some magic to the rear?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

The magic was done getting rid of the simple flat plastic round lights..
Old 08-26-2013, 02:16 PM
jayhawker125@hotmail
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arthur Chandleer
It's Photoshop, after all, and not real-world mods (and costs), so why not stretch out? I like very much what you've done here.
How much farther can you go?
Maybe someone will build your fantasy and take it to Burning Man! :<)
I agree. Yes for these renderings I was trying to keep it fairly believable that you could easily modify the current c7 and be able to build it. (after all if it got a really popular response I might be able to build it for real)

Alright I will try a complete fantasy corvette. A sort of C8 if you will.

Also if you want to see what a car design student does before he is the real deal you can check out my website.

http://sketchhooligan.tumblr.com
Old 08-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Checked your portfolio it is wonderful. I can not draw but I do appreciate the people like you who do. Reminds me of Bill Mitchell who loved to incorporate aircraft design. Kudos to you.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM
jayhawker125@hotmail
Cruising

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Checked your portfolio it is wonderful. I can not draw but I do appreciate the people like you who do. Reminds me of Bill Mitchell who loved to incorporate aircraft design. Kudos to you.
Awesome man thanks for the compliment. I loved Bill Mitchell's stuff and like air planes before cars so that makes sense. If I could be half the designer Bill Mitchell was I would be happy.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawker125@hotmail
Awesome man thanks for the compliment. I loved Bill Mitchell's stuff and like air planes before cars so that makes sense. If I could be half the designer Bill Mitchell was I would be happy.
That's outstanding work. You are going places, my friend. I'd loose the 'Hooligan' nom de plume ASP. I like your respect for the past.
I Love aircraft and you chose your planes well. SR 71 and the B26. Your artwork is amazing but your design work is excellent.
The detailing of the C7 is disappointing and amaturish so what ever you can do to it would be welcome.
I like the overall proportions of the car. The back is simply awful. The add on spoiler is shocking as are the cheap looking plastic vents.
The fender vents behind the front wheel are bad. The grille has the wrong shape and there are too many lines and grooves and things. It looks long and narrow. The Z06 version will be wider which will improve the looks somewhat. It is the most controversial Vette yet. The boys over at Cadillac should have helped them.

Last edited by Shaka; 08-26-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:22 PM
jayhawker125@hotmail
Cruising

Originally Posted by Shaka
That's outstanding work. You are going places, my friend. I'd loose the 'Hooligan' nom de plume ASP. I like your respect for the past.
I Love aircraft and you chose your planes well. SR 71 and the B26. Your artwork is amazing but your design work is excellent.
The detailing of the C7 is disappointing and amaturish so what ever you can do to it would be welcome.
I like the overall proportions of the car. The back is simply awful. The add on spoiler is shocking as are the cheap looking plastic vents.
The fender vents behind the front wheel are bad. The grille has the wrong shape and there are too many lines and grooves and things. It looks long and narrow. The Z06 version will be wider which will improve the looks somewhat. It is the most controversial Vette yet. The boys over at Cadillac should have helped them.
Thanks for the input. I can see validity in a lot of your comments and I agree.

I suppose I was trying to dial it back a bit too much which is a sharp contrast to my ordinary self.

As for a couple of your comments...

1. The proportions are the same. I just changed the details.
2. The front fender vent behind the front wheel is the stock fender vent not mine.
3. Also the add on spoiler was the stock spoiler that comes with the corvette.

With those critiques noted it looks like what the people want is a wild, ***** to the wall dream machine. I will see if I can concoct something.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawker125@hotmail
Thanks for the input. I can see validity in a lot of your comments and I agree.

I suppose I was trying to dial it back a bit too much which is a sharp contrast to my ordinary self.

As for a couple of your comments...

1. The proportions are the same. I just changed the details.
2. The front fender vent behind the front wheel is the stock fender vent not mine.
3. Also the add on spoiler was the stock spoiler that comes with the corvette.

With those critiques noted it looks like what the people want is a wild, ***** to the wall dream machine. I will see if I can concoct something.
Go for it. I got faith in you. Since you are a legacy designer, keep Corvette heritage close to your heart and honor the designers past and present..
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I really dislike the original grill on the car. These photoshops are much better.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Your photoshpped car reminds me more of the "Transformer" show car. While I appreciate your effort and talent, I don't like it. But if it makes you feel better, I don't care much for the front of the real 2014 Stingray either.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:28 PM
usroute66 MKW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The style priorities of a 20- 30,000 per yr volume sports car driven and parked in every corner of the country are not the same as for , say , a Lambhorghini Aventador, which most folks will never see in their lifetime away from big cities. Styling that has too much of a wow factor will go embarrassingly stale in a New York minute when seen parked in front of office complexes and strip malls everywhere.

Quick Reply: Some Photoshop fun. Modified C7 front.