C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 test fleet completed 1,000,000 miles of real world testing last week....

Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MDK9950
Attended the quality seminar conducted by Steve Grilli. He is in charge of the quality program at the Bowling Green plant. Couple of things from the notes I made out from that seminar:

* Test fleet is about 202 cars
* They sub-contract the testing of cars
* 1,000,000 mile testing was completed last week (about 5,000 per car if my math in my head is correct)
* Blue car that was wrecked in AZ (the one on it's side on the rocks) has been repaired (body panels and frame) and put back into service (testing). Apparently, if I got it right, it went into a 6' drop off on the edge of the road, skidded on it side for about 50' before coming onto the rocks where it was photographed for the internet. Driver got out and walked away.
* The cyber grey C7 t-boned by a Lincoln Town car in MI is waiting for body parts (fender, door, quarter panel) and will be going back into testing service. Lincoln driver didn't see the C7 and was destroyed in the front end. The C7 driver got out and walked away. No frame damage.
* Production has started and they are at about 20 cars per day. Their goal at full production is "18.5 jobs per hour" which equals 135 cars per day.

MDK - Thanks for the post!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hold on let me put my fire suit on! Okay I'm ready, tough typing with these gloves.

I wonder if the test miles showed any repetitive issues, of course GM wouldn't disclose that but it would be of great interest to know if the infotainment held up or anything electronic having to do with the AFM or ECO modes.

Also the body and interior fitment as well as things like rattles and squeaks.
The owners will be the ones to answer these items in time.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Duntov7
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Ummmmm

Thanx MDK. Man, a lot of negative doomsday critics here !!

'08 JSB Z51 Targa
'05 Silver/Red C6 Targa
'01 Torch Z06
'98 C5 Silver Targa
NCRS, C5/C6 Registry
NCM Shinoda Charter Member
Recent '67 Sting Ray L36 427/390HP NCRS Top Flight rag

Last edited by Duntov7; 08-28-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:48 PM
the mayor
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C7 In Michigan

I have had 2 friends tell me they swear they have seen the new C7 in Grand Rapids Michigan in the past 2 weeks. I'm anxiously waiting to go to Bowling Green to pick up my Cyber Gray Coupe.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:38 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by the mayor
I have had 2 friends tell me they swear they have seen the new C7 in Grand Rapids Michigan in the past 2 weeks. I'm anxiously waiting to go to Bowling Green to pick up my Cyber Gray Coupe.
Not surprised. I have seen numerous although not any in the last week or so. If I can see them driving around Warren in Michigan I have no doubt some will be seen driving around Kent County. That kind of thing is what the people assigned captured test vehicles are supposed to be doing.

But given the travails of start up on a wholly new assembly plant, and make no mistake what has been done to the Bowling Green assembly plant is nothing less, things are moving along as expected and your hope for a Museum Delivery will soon be realized.

Laborsmith

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 test fleet completed 1,000,000 miles of real world testing last week....