Production has started - for sure

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 05:05 PM
THECORVETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 110 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

Default Production has started - for sure

I just returned from the Carlisle Corvette show and there were lots of C7s parading around. There were almost every color in the GM display, and then there were a few more parked around the show feild at various places. Even Kerbeck Chevy got a few C7s in their display.

You've seen pictures on other threads, so I will not duplicate what is already been done.

Fabulous car, we're going to love this Corvette. My impressions:

First rate paint finish, standard seats are snug and first rate, amazing style and design (the back end is not so bad), excellent fit and finish throughout, lots of great new comfort and high-tech goodies, terrific standard wheels, very nice sounding exhaust. Close by the GM tent were several exhaust companies doing their installations, and they cannot be very happy with what they heard - the standard exhaust system does NOT require Corsa, B&B, Magnaflow or Flowmaster replacements.

EVERY car on display was part of the test fleet, and NOT customer cars. This was verified by several GM staffers that were working the GM booth.

I attended a few of the seminars under the GM tent, and when asked, every person told me that customers cars are being produced at the factory. Yes fellow C7 buyers, our cars are starting to be be produced.

So....why aren't they being shipped yet?

For good reason. The test fleet cars are still running around the country, and I was told by Tom Hill and several others that GM is waiting for these cars to accumulate more miles to check the quality control in the real world. Everyone told me that GM will not release any cars with "first year" bugs.

Check with your dealer, and if a VIN is in the system, then your car is scheduled for production.

The new C7 is real winner. It will be worth the dollars and the wait.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

Pics of customer cars in production?
Old 08-25-2013, 05:16 PM
VRMMMM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear. As excited as I am to get my car, I want it done right. I will go take a nap, wake me when my car is ready.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:20 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,070 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I was at the plant on Friday and was told production started on 8/20 with a slow start of 20 per day and ramping up to 60 tomorrow.
You can see on GM'ers post that all c7's are now moving up on production list.
I placed my deposit in Feb. and knew that my c7 would be delivered late Sept. and it looks like they are on schedule.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM
THECORVETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pisswilly
HUH?

Nobody is allowed in the Bowling Green factory to see anything yet. So - no there are NO photos of any cars at the factory yet.

If any of our Forum memebrs live close to the factory, they would have to climb the fences and go snooping to see the cars parked waiting for the customers. Also, I am told that all cars will be shipped under a white car cover. So, there might not be anything to see anyway.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:36 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

THECORVETTEMAN - Thanks for the post. I agree with all your sentiments and loved the car when I saw it Thursday and Friday. Another post in a different thread said there was only 1 C7 there today (Sunday). Can you confirm? Thanks.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:39 PM
THECORVETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
THECORVETTEMAN - Thanks for the post. I agree with all your sentiments and loved the car when I saw it Thursday and Friday. Another post in a different thread said there was only 1 C7 there today (Sunday). Can you confirm? Thanks.
I was at Carlisle on Saturday only. I flew home last night back to Miami. I have no idea how many C7s they had on display today.

They had almost (no black) every color on display yesterday.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:43 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Got my VIN: 0022, yep number 22!

Also, got verification from my dealer that the car is built and awaiting QC.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
73 Survivor
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
I just got back from Carlisle and the only C7 they had left was the yellow one at the Chevy racing tent. All the others were gone.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:58 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,070 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Pisswilly
When I was at the plant on Fri. I tried to drive around back where I assumed they parked the production vettes but the road was closed to that area. The only pics I got were the preproduction vettes

Get notified of new replies

To Production has started - for sure

Quick Reply: Production has started - for sure