Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
nikic6
CF Senior Member

Default Night Race Blue

My plan was to order a C-7 convertible in Night Race Blue. I went to Corvette's of Carlisle on Saturday and they had two Night Race Blue coupes. When I first saw the NRB, I thought they were both black in color. The NRB is so dark is hard to see any blue in the color at all. I have changed my mind and am now considering Laguna Blue but do not like the interior choices. Gray seems to go the best but is not an outstanding color combination in my opinion. Would Kalahari go with Laguna blue?
I was a little disappointed in that there were no C-7 convertibles at Carlisle.
Overall, I really like the car. The interior is a huge improvement over the C-6. The seats felt comfortable and supportive. Some of you plus size guys may have problems fitting into even the base seat as the "wings" of seat sides are very tight around your back.
nikic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Patriot77
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

What would be wrong with a black interior with your Laguna Blue???
Patriot77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
tuxnharley
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikic6 View Post
My plan was to order a C-7 convertible in Night Race Blue. I went to Corvette's of Carlisle on Saturday and they had two Night Race Blue coupes. When I first saw the NRB, I thought they were both black in color. The NRB is so dark is hard to see any blue in the color at all. I have changed my mind and am now considering Laguna Blue but do not like the interior choices. Gray seems to go the best but is not an outstanding color combination in my opinion. Would Kalahari go with Laguna blue?
Overall, I really like the car. The interior is a huge improvement over the C-6. The seats felt comfortable and supportive. Some of you plus size guys may have problems fitting into even the base seat as the "wings" of seat sides are very tight around your back.
Well, it's always a matter of personal taste and opinion, but IMHO, yes! I have had several cars with a light blue exterior and tan interior over the years, and thought they all looked great!

tuxnharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Zymurgy
Support Corvetteforum!

Are you getting a 1LT, 2LT or 3LT? If 1LT, black would be an obvious choice. Above 1LT, then gray is probably the best choice but it is too light of a gray for me. If you are getting 3LT, then Brownstone becomes a possibility.

I'm getting Laguna Blue with Brownstone. I ordered it long before the "Premier Edition" was announced with this exact color combination.
Zymurgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
RickConti@Coughlin
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Let me know if you decide quickly, as I have open allocation for the next consensus...originally GM was going to start pulling orders for convertibles in October-ish we thought.....they are asking for the orders now.....

Thank-you
Click the image to open in full size.

Rick "Corvette" Conti[/B]
COUGHLIN CORVETTE of COLUMBUS
Delivering Dreams since 1995.....
CorvetteConti.com
TEXT ME 740-739-8377
Thumbs up and Thank-you!

EMAIL ME:
RickConti@Coughlincars.com
RickConti@Coughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Bat7Man
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I agree that it is personal opinion. I saw NRB at the NCM and fell in love with it. I like how it looks blue in some light and black in others. Perfect combo IMO. I ordered NRB with Brownstone 3LT, black rims, and yellow calipers to make it pop. To each his own.
Bat7Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
Wass
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

Quote:
Did you look at the NRB and CG under bright sunlight? Both colors really pop. But if you want blue, then you won't be satisfied with either.
Wass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
gilbybarr
CF Senior Member

Tall guys too....seat doesn't angle back far enough....GM needs to fix this please!

1965 Coupe - Six NCRS Top Flights, AACA Senior/Preservation Awards, VCCA 1st Senior
2008 White/Red Convertible
1941 Buick Special Sport Coupe - AACA Senior 1980
1951 Chevrolet Styleline Special Two Door Sedan Street Rod
1963 Avanti Coupe - 11 AACA Preservation Awards
2001 Harley-Davidson SuperGlide
gilbybarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Greg00Coupe
CF Senior Member

I agree with the above...... it pops in the sun....not so much at night or when dirty. But man when its sunny....... the car looks a different color from each angle. I'd not give up NRB which I have on my GS for laguna plus $1K more. IMHO
Greg00Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
Corvette ED
CF Senior Member

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling

My choice would be a Laguna Blue with Red interior!!!

2007 Corvette Conv Victory Red/Cashmere/Cashmere, 3LT, Z-51, Chrome Wheels, Automatic, Onstar
23 Past Corvettes Owned

HOME OF AMERICA'S OLDEST BREWERY YUENGLINGS
Corvette ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
VETJAZZ
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm strongly considering the interior color override with this - but 2LT. Don't know about top color options.

VETJAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
baltobrewer

Quote:
The seats felt comfortable and supportive. Some of you plus size guys may have problems fitting into even the base seat as the "wings" of seat sides are very tight around your back.
Just my .02 on the seats... I sat in a few at C at C and noticed that on what I believe were the 2LTs and 3LTs that the seat adjuster buttons near the rails had a 3rd button - up/down moved the lumbar bolster in the seatback and left/right adjusted the lateral "wings" in and out. I was there with a friend of mine who's 6'4" 235 and he felt much better in the seats after he adjusted the side bolsters. I didn't notice this button in all of the cars I sat in, so my trailer park guess is that it's not a feature on the 1LT...

For what it's worth, I came away meh on the NRB. Too black for my tastes, and doesn't really pop, even in full sun. The LRG, on the other hand, was spectacular in full sun, much better than I expected.
baltobrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
proexpert
CF Senior Member

another blue will come along in a few years, I'm hoping for something like LeMans blue
proexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETJAZZ View Post
I'm strongly considering the interior color override with this - but 2LT. Don't know about top color options.

Throw on a black top and add a black stinger strip after you get it. Go Z51 and silver wheels too.
00247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
MRCOUPE5
CF Member

Default Night race blue

Quote:
I have a NRB Coupe on order and I am at 3400 -- Kalahari
Interior .. NRB looks great in the sunlight .. Good luck .
Vette Ed in Virginia
MRCOUPE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #16
Down8
CF Senior Member

Brian Jones down8 brianzjones down8
Send a message via ICQ to Down8 Send a message via AIM to Down8 Send a message via MSN to Down8 Send a message via Yahoo to Down8 Send a message via Skype™ to Down8

I have GXH on my Camaro. Stunning color when shined up in the sun. Nice and mellow/black-looking in a lot of lights. Perfect, and I can't wait to order a stable mate for the Camaro next summer.

-bZj
Down8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #17
matthewelle
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proexpert View Post
another blue will come along in a few years, I'm hoping for something like LeMans blue
Lemans Blue was a fav also.
Then comes Supersonic Blue - [i.e. steel blue]
Then NRB.

I'm disappointed to hear the NRB doesn't come through.
I've seen a couple of videos where it look rather spectacular in daylight, and the Blue top brings out the indigo blue more.
Seen it on the C6 and it looked good ?

The NRB vert is my choice as well especially if your going 3LT brownstone.
Any other blue would not really match up as well - even lemans blue wouldn't match up well with brown in my minds eye.
Second choice ....Cyber gray.

So it doesn't look like this.....?

Last edited by matthewelle; 08-27-2013 at 03:20 AM.
matthewelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #18
DevonK
CF Senior Member

I never go by auto show photos, the color balance of the lighting is always shifted blue so daylight-viewed putty greys wind up with a gorgeous slate-blue tone. IF CGM looked IRL the way it looks at the car shows it would be my preferred choice, unfortunately it doesn't.
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #19
BAD2000TA
CF Senior Member

As noted earlier, re-introducing Lemans Blue would be a GREAT idea!! Best blue ever on a Vette.
BAD2000TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
C7s
CF Member

Anyone have a pic of NRB in full sun? Also, was thinking NRB with black wheels and possibly black flash spoiler & mirrors. Would it clash since NRB is so close to black?
C7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Night Race Blue