Sponsored by:

Behind the plant today

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Turbobndt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mudbug
I'm taking a courtesy delivery at Red River Chev in Bossier City...
Our cars will likely be on the same transport. I'm also taking delivery at Red River Chevy. (#155)
Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

NON-BODY COLOR ROOFS:

I think it's just hard to see in this low resolution photo. You can't blow it up adequately to see glass or CF tops clearly. And the tops aren't distinguishable on the dark paint colors. So we are left looking at the bright colors. Yellows and whites are easiest. Torch red gives you a moderately good shot at finding them depending on the light and shadows. Laguna Blue is somewhat guesswork. Anything darker than that can't be made out.

Since these wouldn't be convertibles yet, anywhere you don't see a bright body color blob on the roof, it should be a CF or transparent panel. In my crude blow up, I circled my guesses in just the main lot lineup. Interestingly, not a single yellow. But plenty of whites (including mine!).

Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by CaryKen
NON-BODY COLOR ROOFS:

I think it's just hard to see in this low resolution photo. You can't blow it up adequately to see glass or CF tops clearly. And the tops aren't distinguishable on the dark paint colors. So we are left looking at the bright colors. Yellows and whites are easiest. Torch red gives you a moderately good shot at finding them depending on the light and shadows. Laguna Blue is somewhat guesswork. Anything darker than that can't be made out.

Since these wouldn't be convertibles yet, anywhere you don't see a bright body color blob on the roof, it should be a CF or transparent panel. In my crude blow up, I circled my guesses in just the main lot lineup. Interestingly, not a single yellow. But plenty of whites (including mine!).

You forgot my Black one with Black wheels has just the glass top - VIN #00106. It's out there.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:05 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

NON-BODY COLOR ROOFS:

you forgot the one's up near the plant to the left.(in the original pic)
Old 09-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Look at the whole photo. There are some 'Verttes top left. Not in the one you (or someone) cropped.
NON-BODY COLOR ROOFS:

Old 09-01-2013, 05:15 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Look at the whole photo. There are some 'Verttes top left. Not in the one you (or someone) cropped.
Okay so those are verts. i asked earlier but got no response.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:17 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Didn't forget either of those. Made a conscious decision not to include them. Black is too difficult to spot, since the body color = CF color at this distance and resolution. And I said that I chose just the main lot lineup. I didn't want to guess what might be different about the ones up at the top left of the original (one person thought they might be early convertibles in one of the threads on the forum). This is not an all-inclusive absolute indicator of every CF/glass panel that has been made. It's just an attempt to demonstrate that some of them are out there!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:22 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Turbobndt
Our cars will likely be on the same transport. I'm also taking delivery at Red River Chevy. (#155)
Free rides around the 220 loop .......... .................. .......................................: hide:
Old 09-01-2013, 05:24 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

NON-BODY COLOR ROOFS:

You about had to go blind doing that ................
Old 09-01-2013, 05:37 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
You about had to go blind doing that.
I asked my mom if I could just do it till I needed glasses.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Lifetime Member

I asked my mom if I could just do it till I needed glasses.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:16 PM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I'm still processing "Big Mini Rally". Is the emphasis on Big or Mini ???
Small "b", large "M", or Answer D, all of the above.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

So do you guys know which one is yours in that overhead pic? I know someone is looking with a scope saying "That's mine!!!"
Old 09-01-2013, 07:49 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

These are some cool images. All those vettes lined up like that kind of makes the corvette look like toys. haha. I saw a Suburu factory during the hight of the automotive low...it was just like this, but the numbers were much higher; like a couple 1000.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Turbobndt
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chicago1
So do you guys know which one is yours in that overhead pic? I know someone is looking with a scope saying "That's mine!!!"
Yes, I've convinced myself that the Crystal Red car at the bottom right of the pic is mine.
I know that another forum member has a Torch Red already built for the Shreveport area, so those three cars in line are coming in my direction.

Last edited by Turbobndt; 09-01-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 09-01-2013, 10:55 PM
shane wade
Intermediate

vin 71 with cf roof, black wheels cf dash
Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Both. And if there was ever the more archetypal location to see flocks of pigeons walking, flying and generally hanging around at than the place pictured I would sure like to know where

you've certainly got the right idea !

another is Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square) in Venice. More pigeons than people...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...51495398,d.cWc

Quick Reply: Behind the plant today