Sponsored by:

GT bucket seat question

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Ketch2631
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Default GT bucket seat question

So I'm on the fence between 1LT and 2LT. The upgraded stereo sounded good but seems like the only thing I gain is the sub in the bass box in the rear. I don't need vented/heated seats, don't care about HUD, I do like the Kalahari option for my upcoming CGM but an all black interior would look just as well in my opinion. I just realized that there is no power bolster/lumber option on the 1LT and that's kind of a bummer. I really like the option of bringing in the side bolsters of the seat to fit my body like i have on my BMW 535i's sport seats. Has anyone sat in both a 1LT and a 2LT GT seat and noticed if it really makes that much of a difference?

My finalized (for now) bang for the buck order once my number comes up for order:

1LT Cyber Gray Metallic/black interior
Z51
NPP
Red brake Calipers

Thanks all!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

I wouldn't order a car w/o the upgraded seats in the 2LT. For one, the perforated seating surfaces breath better, hot or cold. Having a power lumbar support on long trips makes a huge difference. Same with the side bolsters.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:02 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you said the upgraded stereo, HUD, vented/heated seats, etc. don't mean anything to you.. but those along with the seat memory (multiple drivers) are what made the 2LT a necessity for me. It all depends on your wants and needs. I didn't need the upgraded leather and nav so I didn't choose the 3LT. Everyone has their own preferences so jump on whatever side of the fence you think you belong
Old 09-07-2013, 03:15 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 271 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Although I think 2LT is a nice choice, if you were considering spending any extra I strongly recommend the MSRC (Magnetic Selective Ride Control) The gm engineers went on and on about it at the bash, it is 4th generation, and it is so good, Ferrari (as well as many others) license the tech from GM. It works amazing well with the Z51 package, makes you better on the track or when driving aggressively, makes the car with a very nice ride quality over rough roads or long trips when just cruising, most of the GM people I spoke directly with that have significant driving time in the C7 say the two options that are MUSTS in this car are Z51 WITH Mag Ride... Good luck, just wanted to share what I heard...
Old 09-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

...add the MSRC and you're done...

Get notified of new replies

To GT bucket seat question

Quick Reply: GT bucket seat question