C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paul and other xperts: correct wheel lock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
2LT and 3LT have tilt sensors. Alarm will go off if the car tilted to steal the wheels, or tow. However, buy the wheel locks. I have the Gorilla Automotive wheel locks on all my cars, including the C6.
nice!

I'm gonna use my floor jack to see how much they have to go up to sound off...to steal a wheel it does not take much...
Old 09-18-2013, 07:17 PM
1stTimeforEverything
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
I might add that most of the holiday Inn express and other main chains will find you a spot that is illuminated or always watched if you ask. I was part of event staff that toured a BMW X6 and the M5 6 months before they were available. We always would ask and got to park underneath the entrance awning/portal with no problem 95% of the time...just ask...
I'm always afraid that some old coot and his 500lb gorilla wife will put door dents in a car parked right out front. Probably worth the try though.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 1stTimeforEverything
I'm always afraid that some old coot and his 500lb gorilla wife will put door dents in a car parked right out front. Probably worth the try though.

you always can find something that will destroy your ride.. park right outside the portal, in front, anywhere whey you are still in the hustle and bustle of things, but out of the direct flow.....use a bit of common sense....
Old 09-18-2013, 07:48 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
nice!

I'm gonna use my floor jack to see how much they have to go up to sound off...to steal a wheel it does not take much...
Glen, as you mentioned my point is similar. If a thief comes for the wheels and jack up the car, the damage is done. This is regardless of tilt sensor, alarm, wheels, etc. Rocker panels are very expensive to fix. A lot more than replacing the wheels.
Wheel locks need to be installed regardless, obvious, and in a discouraging manner to the crooks.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:04 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
2LT and 3LT have tilt sensors. Alarm will go off if the car tilted to steal the wheels, or tow. However, buy the wheel locks. I have the Gorilla Automotive wheel locks on all my cars, including the C6.
Excellent point!

Quick Reply: Paul and other xperts: correct wheel lock?