Sponsored by:

Livernois Motorsports 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 08:25 AM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Livernois Motorsports 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51

Livernois Motorsports is excited to announce that our 2014 Corvette stingray Z51 is almost home! We have many upgrades already developed and awaiting the cars arrival at our facility!

We hope to take delivery of it soon so we can begin final validation process for our upcoming products, these products include:
Livernois Motorsports exclusive CNC ported cylinder heads
Livernois Motorsports exclusive dual valve spring kit
Livernois Motorsports exclusive DOD/AFM delete kit
Livernois Motorsports exclusive camshaft
Livernois Motorsports exclusive cam phaser limiter
Livernois Motorsports exclusive head studs
Livernois Motorsports Exclusive rod/piston upgrade

We have many more future products underway as well, and we will continue to post information and results as they become available. Stay tuned for our preliminary dyno testing and results from our development process!
Attached Images   
Old 09-25-2013, 08:25 AM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

*Reserved for additional photos*
Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Sierramadre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. I live in Livonia and may be your first customer. My car has been built and I'm just waiting on having it delivered. I will bring it by the shop when it arrives so we can talk.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 AM
familyman's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Sweet!

Looks like you got it from Rogers?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:04 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 AM
VIN666
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the advantage of a "custom" cam phaser limiter? More travel or something?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:12 PM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

The advantage in a custom cam phaser limiter is that it allows controlling the amount of camshaft movement to a certain range, which allows for aftermarket cam profiles with more lift and duration that would have piston to valve clearance issues with the stock phaser and full travel.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:21 PM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

Originally Posted by Sierramadre
Cool. I live in Livonia and may be your first customer. My car has been built and I'm just waiting on having it delivered. I will bring it by the shop when it arrives so we can talk.
Awesome! Ours is gonna be here today. Let us know when yours comes in and we would like to talk. We have successfully flashed the new generation PCM a while ago. One thing thats not on the list we posted is we have been working on a new tuner for customers to upload tunes. Its going to be really nice for customers. We hope to have this released sooner rather than later. In addition we have several other items and hope to have "real" numbers in the future.

LME
Old 09-25-2013, 03:05 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

White with Black wheels....Nice!
Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM
VIN666
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, makes sense!
I live in SE MI as well, so really interested what the local suppliers can do to these things
Old 09-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 598 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports
The advantage in a custom cam phaser limiter is that it allows controlling the amount of camshaft movement to a certain range, which allows for aftermarket cam profiles with more lift and duration that would have piston to valve clearance issues with the stock phaser and full travel.
Exactly same as my L99 Camaro. I already have the Texas Speed VVT cam setup.......nothing I see different including the cam phaser DOD/AFM delete process. This car is going to make a lot of torque especially in the manual if it has the VVT setup also.

I am surprise that no one has not mention anything about the VVT in the manual.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Excellent color combo! Excited to see what you guys do with the C7
Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

I can't wait to see what the tunes look like. I wonder if each Driver Mode has a different tune or if it's all the same and they just turn on AFM in Eco. Hopefully that's the case.

How much more is a cam package + install for an L99 vs an LS3, with all the AFM/DoD delete stuff?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 598 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
I can't wait to see what the tunes look like. I wonder if each Driver Mode has a different tune or if it's all the same and they just turn on AFM in Eco. Hopefully that's the case.

How much more is a cam package + install for an L99 vs an LS3, with all the AFM/DoD delete stuff?

Should be about the same. However, with the L99 you're converting to an LS3. If you don't know, an L99 is an automatic V8 6.2 liter Camaro with the factory VVT. LS3 in a Camaro is a 6 speed manual......same as a 2008/13 C6 6.2 liter Corvette. The L99 Camaro automatic has 400 hp and the LS3 6 speed manual has 426 hp. Lots of conversion parts involved with the aftermarket VVT cam setup. So, the list Livernois had provided to us is pretty much on the money. Just to give you an idea, the parts for my L99 was around $1400 including the cam. But we are talking about a C7. Anywhere else it could be much more or less.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:49 PM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

As many of you have seen, we took delivery of our 2014 Corvette Stingray earlier today. We wasted no time in getting to work making improvements on an already fantastic platform from GM. First on our agenda was to baseline the car, and begin working on an improved performance calibration. These results we are posting are preliminary, and we hope to make further refinements, and improvements over the coming weeks, but we are glad to see that there is a good deal of room for improvement. In addition to this, we will be offering our in house developed calibrations in an easy to use hand held tuner for those of our customers too distant from us to come by the shop. More details, videos, and pictures will follow, as will further development work with many products we have been developing over the last 4-5 months for the Gen-V engines.
Attached Images  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:51 PM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

Originally Posted by Fore58
Should be about the same. However, with the L99 you're converting to an LS3. If you don't know, an L99 is an automatic V8 6.2 liter Camaro with the factory VVT. LS3 in a Camaro is a 6 speed manual......same as a 2008/13 C6 6.2 liter Corvette. The L99 Camaro automatic has 400 hp and the LS3 6 speed manual has 426 hp. Lots of conversion parts involved with the aftermarket VVT cam setup. So, the list Livernois had provided to us is pretty much on the money. Just to give you an idea, the parts for my L99 was around $1400 including the cam. But we are talking about a C7. Anywhere else it could be much more or less.
Correct, we want to have a system for these cars to replace the problematic DOD/AFM lifters to be better suited in high RPM usage. The tricky part is every Gen-V engine to date has DOD/AFM, so unlike the L99 where you can buy factory parts to convert it, you will need aftermarket solutions to delete it in the Gen-V platform.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:23 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Correct, we want to have a system for these cars to replace the problematic DOD/AFM lifters to be better suited in high RPM usage. The tricky part is every Gen-V engine to date has DOD/AFM, so unlike the L99 where you can buy factory parts to convert it, you will need aftermarket solutions to delete it in the Gen-V platform.
So what is your warranty?

Get notified of new replies

To Livernois Motorsports 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51

Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Fore58
Plus the extra labor of pulling the heads and replacing the lifters. One of the things I loved about the non-AFM cars was the obscene cost/power ratio of doing just a cam and headers. Shame that ratio is going down.

Have you pulled the tune/tunes out of the car yet and how much different are they from what you encountered with the Gen IV motors?

Last edited by 4GS7; 09-25-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:02 AM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

Originally Posted by BlueOx
So what is your warranty?
We have a 1 year warranty on all of our workmanship, but for certain packages we do offer full powertrain warranties as well. I think it's too early in the game to get into specifics for the 2014 cars, but I am sure we would continue this trend.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 AM
0Livernois Motorsports
Supporting Tuner

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
Plus the extra labor of pulling the heads and replacing the lifters. One of the things I loved about the non-AFM cars was the obscene cost/power ratio of doing just a cam and headers. Shame that ratio is going down.

Have you pulled the tune/tunes out of the car yet and how much different are they from what you encountered with the Gen IV motors?
Take a look at post 18, we already tuned our shop car with very good initial results! I cannot comment on the differences as I do not do the calibration, but I would guess there are similarities, but they are likely very different in terms of the calibration.

Quick Reply: Livernois Motorsports 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51