C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Treated very poorly - GM order process is BROKEN!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,289 Likes on 13,964 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good response by Rick. If you don't want to change your order, find a forum dealer that can get the car you want.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Zhuskers1
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
The OP does not have Mike or Rick working this deal and that was his choice. Maybe his dealer could call Mike or Rick to see how it's done. I'm just saying you cannot please all the people all the time and surely you get that, right?
I do note see this as an issue my dealer created. Based on our long relationship, I am going to give the dealer until mid next week to come up with a solution.

If he is not successful, I will call both Mike and Rick.

This dealer is a very large multiple location GM dealer, just not a large Corvette dealer. I am very high in lifetime sales with GM. I hope these factors help him come up with a workable solution. If not...it is on to "plan B".

I am not going to post anymore in this thread because we are starting to re-hash the same issues. I will post after I hear from my dealer.

Thanks again to all for your advice, wisdom and creativity.

Last edited by Zhuskers1; 09-28-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:40 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhuskers1
I do note see this as an issue my dealer created. Based on our long relationship, I am going to give the dealer until mid next week to come up with a solution.

This dealer is a very large multiple location GM dealer, just not a large Corvette dealer. I am very high lifetime sales with GM. I hope these factors help him come up with a workable solution. If not...it is on to "plan B".

I am not going to post anymore in this thread because we are starting to re-hash the same issues. I will post after I hear from my dealer.

Just following up on Jimmy's point since there seems to be an impasse. Best of luck.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:32 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

I agree that giving your local dealer every opportunity is a good plan. Even if they can't get the car for you in the current time frame, you still get to have that relationship you enjoy with them. They would most likely be glad to help you with a courtesy delivery if you do go to another dealer. Good luck to you.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:27 AM
jkcam6017
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me get this straight. An option is listed by GM. A customer orders that option. GM cannot deliver that option because the "supplier" doesn't have any more. The supplier doesn't have any more because 1. they are incapable of meeting demand, or 2. GM didn't order enough. This is not GM's problem? It is the customer? It is the supplier? It is the dealer?

So should not the solution be that GM places those customers first in line when the option is available, and gives them a $$ rebate for screwing them around?

In lots of businesses, if you say you can do something and you can't you pay.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:44 AM
broadkill1
Heel & Toe

Default Got bumped too!

I also had a deposit with a dealer that only had a 3 car allocation--and I was #3. The choice was to either eliminate the Z51 option or lose my spot since the dealer did not want to lose his #3 allocation. He's ordering one for inventory(unless he can quickly find a non Z51 customer) since he has only until next Tuesday to do so. I found another dealer that had an allocation and I'm told I will be the next Z51 order when the constriction is removed. I'm assuming that the Z51 constriction will will not last very long!!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 AM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With all the issues going on , I just don't get why people don't wait for the 15's. It's not that far out and the 15's will have all the issues figured out hopefully. All the back and forth just to get the 14 is non sense. Not to mention dealers will discounting the. By the second year.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Durnberg
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE
With all the issues going on , I just don't get why people don't wait for the 15's. It's not that far out and the 15's will have all the issues figured out hopefully. All the back and forth just to get the 14 is non sense. Not to mention dealers will discounting the. By the second year.
I am not waiting for several reasons. This is my retirement car, my first Corvette also. I worked after school tutoring, Saturday school, night school and extra teaching periods during the day, added $100K to my retirement package. I did this so I could buy now. I also have IHD and diabetes from Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam, my health is very good but..... I worked my a** off for this car. If it has first year issues, fine with me because I'll be driving my beautiful CRT Z51 to the service shop instead of a Chevy Spark. The whole process of ordering, waiting, wondering, imaging has been worth it to me. My car was built Thursday, I can feel the Napa leather on my backside as I type this. It has been a great experience and, to me, better than just walking in to a dealer and buying stock. I won't trade this for anything.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:11 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

Last edited by C5 Hardtop; 09-29-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: doh, I was late to the thread
Old 09-29-2013, 09:08 PM
captain47
Instructor

Getting real close to pulling order and waiting for 2015 .i think gm could have done a better job on their suppliers and a timely response to questions about orders
Old 09-30-2013, 01:41 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
The OP does not have Mike or Rick working this deal and that was his choice. Maybe his dealer could call Mike or Rick to see how it's done. I'm just saying you cannot please all the people all the time and surely you get that, right?
Maybe Mike and Rick are a little too far away. Not everyone has time to drive cross country, especially when winter hits.

Michael
Old 09-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Respectfully, GM has failed big time.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
RJ111
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhuskers1

This dealer is a very large multiple location GM dealer, just not a large Corvette dealer. I am very high in lifetime sales with GM. I hope these factors help him come up with a workable solution. If not...it is on to "plan B".

PM sent
Old 10-03-2013, 10:22 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Quite honestly, the Z51 package is at fault for the entire fiasco.

Quick Reply: Treated very poorly - GM order process is BROKEN!