Sponsored by:

What is really happening in Nashville

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Wagon Master
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is really happening in Nashville

With my car still in Nashville for the last three weeks along with countless others. I think we are owed an answer as to what is really happening to our cars. They keep referring to "Quality" as the key reason, but what quality? If it is a missing part or miss assembled part then come clean and tell us loyal owners. Without a firm answer we are left to worry now and worry into the future as to just what was wrong. Will we have an issue at some future date because of this ? And what about the future resale of the early Vin Numbers? I know many of you here are as concerned as I am, even my dealer is frustrated by their inability to give proper feedback to their customers. So can anyone with any contacts find out what is happening in order to relieve or concerns and the concerns of those down the line. If they can make from scratch hundreds of C-7's in a week why can they not QC the cars as fast back in BG without the loading and unloading of the cars in Nashville? Be sure nice to know.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 927 Likes on 485 Posts
Tech Contributor

Sorry - seriously.....Area 51 rules are in effect....for now...
Old 09-28-2013, 03:03 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Wagon Master
With my car still in Nashville for the last three weeks along with countless others. I think we are owed an answer as to what is really happening to our cars. They keep referring to "Quality" as the key reason, but what quality? If it is a missing part or miss assembled part then come clean and tell us loyal owners. Without a firm answer we are left to worry now and worry into the future as to just what was wrong. Will we have an issue at some future date because of this ? And what about the future resale of the early Vin Numbers? I know many of you here are as concerned as I am, even my dealer is frustrated by their inability to give proper feedback to their customers. So can anyone with any contacts find out what is happening in order to relieve or concerns and the concerns of those down the line. If they can make from scratch hundreds of C-7's in a week why can they not QC the cars as fast back in BG without the loading and unloading of the cars in Nashville? Be sure nice to know.
None of us will get a firm answer from GM until maybe months from now after everyone has forgotten about this "QC" Low VINs won't suffer from resale any different than the later VINs. That is as long as the issue was repaired and wasn't major.

Just as frustrated as you are and on the bubble of canceling.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:03 PM
VIN666
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt there will ever be a de-classified file on what happened in Nashville
Old 09-28-2013, 03:30 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by VIN666
I doubt there will ever be a de-classified file on what happened in Nashville
Unless a future owner forces the declassification.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 927 Likes on 485 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by WildVettes
Unless a future owner forces the declassification.
ahhh..the benefits of "discovery"...good call
Old 09-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

They could tell you...

But then they'd have to kill you.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:58 PM
tolnep
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

you will not be told. but there is a leak so here is the info.

earlier it was determined that the vehicles could be tracked with onstar. later the NSA did a review and determined this was not adequate and that an special obama tracking device was required.

a special law as was created in a closed session of congress and the devices were approved. a consortium of unnamed military electronic industry members then produced these devices and sent the first batch to bolling green.

subsequently a disgruntled employee discovered the real purpose of the devices and became alarmed and didnt install them on the vehicles he was working on. this was later discovered. the employee is now in gitmo and the vehicles he worked on are now in nashville getting retro-fitted.

no one knows for sure what these devices do but it is expected that will allow the government control occupants via special very low frequency pulses.....

so for those worried about the potential flaws being corrected and not being told what the issue(s) are, not to worry.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:32 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

This happens more than you think. All the domestic manufacturers will offload cars to a different site to have something replaced since it may be complicated to do at the factory. I don't think anybody should worry about it. You would be better off having this done along with many other cars rather than having a dealer do the work. They will have some very qualified people working on these cars and there should not be any concern about getting repairs done correctly.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:37 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Misalignment of the Rear spoilers.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Has anything like this ever happened before? Whatever the problem is must be really embarrassing since they won't tell.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:13 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
This happens more than you think. All the domestic manufacturers will offload cars to a different site to have something replaced since it may be complicated to do at the factory. I don't think anybody should worry about it. You would be better off having this done along with many other cars rather than having a dealer do the work. They will have some very qualified people working on these cars and there should not be any concern about getting repairs done correctly.
we don't care that they're repairing (I mean QC-ing and re-QC-ing) our cars. We just would like to know what they're doing. My car was built on 8/28 and is still in Nashville. That's 30 days since completion and counting.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:26 PM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Wagon Master
Have you tried reading some other threads about this? Does everyone have to ask the same question over and over and over and ..........?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...esnt-have.html #11
Old 09-28-2013, 06:38 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by C6BOB
Have you tried reading some other threads about this? Does everyone have to ask the same question over and over and over and ..........?

There are other threads about people mad about Nashville? I didn't know.

Personally GM has ruined the city for me. I can never go to visit now
Old 09-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tolnep

earlier it was determined that the vehicles could be tracked with onstar. later the NSA did a review and determined this was not adequate and that an special obama tracking device was required.

a special law as was created in a closed session of congress and the devices were approved. a consortium of unnamed military electronic industry members then produced these devices and sent the first batch to bolling green.

subsequently a disgruntled employee discovered the real purpose of the devices and became alarmed and didnt install them on the vehicles he was working on. this was later discovered. the employee is now in gitmo and the vehicles he worked on are now in nashville getting retro-fitted.

no one knows for sure what these devices do but it is expected that will allow the government control occupants via special very low frequency pulses.....

so for those worried about the potential flaws being corrected and not being told what the issue(s) are, not to worry.
Just say NO to conspiracy theories!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by C6BOB

Old 09-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

Missing engines?

Get notified of new replies

To What is really happening in Nashville

Old 09-28-2013, 06:55 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tolnep

Old 09-28-2013, 07:15 PM
GlennSullivan
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner! During the early days of C6Z production the same exact thing happened where cars were shipped to Rousch in Lavonia MI to have power steering hoses that did not meet manufacturing specs changed.

Those that do not remember, search posts by JDOGG a GMer at the time who helped out lots of folks here with info on their early build cars.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:21 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I have the same concerns as the OP and my question would also include after building several hundred evaluation vehicles that have logged nearly a million miles (as reported) what happened to the first cars built for retail customers? As it seems there is no common option, color, etc. for those of us in stuck Nashville it must be a component that was suspect or missing for all. I realize this has been discussed on other threads for a couple of weeks already, but as the hold and lack of information continues the frustration understandably increases.
Despite warranty covering future problems of whatever the issue might be I do feel there will be stigma attached to the low VIN's affecting resale...or we'll get a Nashville QC sticker that the NCRS will look favorably on 20 years from now.

Quick Reply: What is really happening in Nashville