Sponsored by:

1st impressions.... The drive home

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 12:12 PM
skip3389
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1st impressions.... The drive home

Wow... Where do I start? Friday morning began like every other day the past 2+ months with checking GMer's update. But today had that special code we have been waiting for....5000! A special "THANK YOU" for GMer's as you made the order process a very enjoyable experience with updates on every event code change. My dad who never gets on the web would call me everyday and ask, "What's my number?".... Lol.
So off we go to see Rick in Ohio to pick up my dad's new ride (I'm still waiting for mine to hit 3300-Again..). After 12 hrs of driving and a quick 4hr nap in the hotel..we finally arrive. The delivery was smooth and fast thanks to Rick Conti. As we head back home my Dad logged the first few hours in the c7 and finally, it's my turn!
Let me start by saying, the seats are fantastic! Getting out of the 911(chase car) and into the C7 was a night and day difference. I'm 6'1, 215lbs and I was in heaven. The fit and finish of the interior is as advertised. The Bose system is much improved over my C6. While driving I couldn't quite figure out everything with the NAV, etc. I will play with everything when mine comes in. Driving thru the mountains of WV was awesome as the Stingray handled like it was on rails. A couple of twists of the mode selector to track mode reveals a complete change in the whole cars feel; tight steering, super firm suspension and "Oh" the NPP exhaust wakes up like a jet engine (this is a must have option in my opinion). The 7-speed manual needed no down shifting thru this terrain as there was plenty of pull. One quick twist and I was back to touring mode. The car handled every bump amazingly and returned back into a super quiet cruiser. Eco mode felt the same as touring with very little feel between v4 and v8 switches.
I logged over 200 miles before my dad demanded I give him back his car. I can hardly wait for mine to get here. I will try to get a pic or two up shortly. Details of the car:
V.Y. Z51 2LT w/black
Black wheels
NPP exhaust
Mag ride
7 spd
Body colored top
NAV

PS.... These are just my opinions. Please don't rip me a new one if you don't agree with something I wrote.

http://s834.photobucket.com/user/ski...56a25.jpg.html
http://s834.photobucket.com/user/skip3389/library/

Last edited by skip3389; 09-29-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 09-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

thank you for your impressions
Old 09-29-2013, 12:20 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

Great review, lets see the pics
Old 09-29-2013, 12:24 PM
tomzarbo
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for writing up how you feel about it and your experiences with it so far. That's all many of us will have to go on for a few years, and it's nice to hear someone's experience with it that doesn't sound like it is written for a magazine article.

Your dad's a lucky dude.

TomZ
Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skip3389
Wow... Where do I start? Friday morning began like every other day the past 2+ months with checking GMer's update. But today had that special code we have been waiting for....5000! A special "THANK YOU" for GMer's as you made the order process a very enjoyable experience with updates on every event code change. My dad who never gets on the web would call me everyday and ask, "What's my number?".... Lol.
So off we go to see Rick in Ohio to pick up my dad's new ride (I'm still waiting for mine to hit 3300-Again..). After 12 hrs of driving and a quick 4hr nap in the hotel..we finally arrive. The delivery was smooth and fast thanks to Rick Conti. As we head back home my Dad logged the first few hours in the c7 and finally, it's my turn!
Let me start by saying, the seats are fantastic! Getting out of the 911(chase car) and into the C7 was a night and day difference. I'm 6'1, 215lbs and I was in heaven. The fit and finish of the interior is as advertised. The Bose system is much improved over my C6. While driving I couldn't quite figure out everything with the NAV, etc. I will play with everything when mine comes in. Driving thru the mountains of WV was awesome as the Stingray handled like it was on rails. A couple of twists of the mode selector to track mode reveals a complete change in the whole cars feel; tight steering, super firm suspension and "Oh" the NPP exhaust wakes up like a jet engine (this is a must have option in my opinion). The 7-speed manual needed no down shifting thru this terrain as there was plenty of pull. One quick twist and I was back to touring mode. The car handled every bump amazingly and returned back into a super quiet cruiser. Eco mode felt the same as touring with very little feel between v4 and v8 switches.
I logged over 200 miles before my dad demanded I give him back his car. I can hardly wait for mine to get here. I will try to get a pic or two up shortly. Details of the car:
V.Y. Z51 2LT w/black
Black wheels
NPP exhaust
Mag ride
7 spd
Body colored top
NAV

PS.... These are just my opinions. Please don't rip me a new one if you don't agree with something I wrote.
Sounds like an awesome trip all around! Congrats to your dad!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:26 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by tomzarbo
Thanks for writing up how you feel about it and your experiences with it so far. That's all many of us will have to go on for a few years, and it's nice to hear someone's experience with it that doesn't sound like it is written for a magazine article.

Your dad's a lucky dude.

TomZ
Old 09-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats to your dad!! Thanks for the impressions of the car. I'm stuck in Nashville so am living vicariously through others!!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:30 PM
04c5z06
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet

I bet it looks awesome too, can't wait for pictures - hope you have some side shots
Old 09-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

How was the interior noise? Any wind noise or air leaks around the top? How much road noise from the tires on concrete? Heat from the tunnel area? Other impressions? Thank you!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:44 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Nice review, thanks for sharing, as others mentioned pictures would be cool.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill B 1
Congrats to your dad!! Thanks for the impressions of the car. I'm stuck in Nashville so am living vicariously through others!!
At least you know it's in Nashville. I'm stuck in "Oops... We ran out of CF roofs, don't call, we'll let you know when we feel like it" hell.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:03 PM
48supertruck
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds awesome. Nothing but a positive first impression and that is hard to beat.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike O'Daniel
At least you know it's in Nashville. I'm stuck in "Oops... We ran out of CF roofs, don't call, we'll let you know when we feel like it" hell.
I feel your pain!!
Old 09-29-2013, 01:13 PM
skip3389
Advanced

Originally Posted by 00247
How was the interior noise? Any wind noise or air leaks around the top? How much road noise from the tires on concrete? Heat from the tunnel area? Other impressions? Thank you!
No road noise to speak of.... Huge difference between my C6 and the C7.
Did not notice any heat coming from the tunnel or wind noise from the top
Old 09-29-2013, 01:15 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Great post. Thanks for sharing

Old 09-29-2013, 01:15 PM
skip3389
Advanced

Pics added.. I think. Let me know if you can view them.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Thanks for the review - can't wait even more until mine arrives

Pictures look great too

Get notified of new replies

To 1st impressions.... The drive home

Old 09-29-2013, 01:22 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Mike O'Daniel
Your car will come through in time Mike.

But waiting is hard as can be. I ran into this delay in '69 due to the side exhaust not being available! Five L O N G months! Then I got my car!

Old 09-29-2013, 01:28 PM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Glad I could play a small part in your experience. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by skip3389
V.Y. Z51 2LT w/black
Black wheels
NPP exhaust
Mag ride
7 spd
Body colored top
NAV

http://s834.photobucket.com/user/ski...56a25.jpg.html
Old 09-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Your car will come through in time Mike.

But waiting is hard as can be. I ran into this delay in '69 due to the side exhaust not being available! Five L O N G months! Then I got my car!

Thanks for the forum hug Jack! I needed that!

Quick Reply: 1st impressions.... The drive home