C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Old 09-29-2013, 09:34 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by michael m baily
What ever happened to the 900 dealers all getting one of the first Corvettes, I am # 368 built 9-4-13, live in Seattle, going to get the first one from my dealer, been in Nashville over two weeks, I have not seen nor heard of a C7 in the NW but many of the dealers in the east coast have many C7s and they have been seen everywhere but here....can you say frustrated !!!
Take a wild guess????
Old 09-29-2013, 09:35 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

"and that night i see gmer say iim at 4200!

so im stoked,.... then i see today im GOING TO NASHVILLE!! wtf!!! how can so many people have NO CLUE whats going on?"

don't worry. GM CS told me my C7 had gone from Nashville BACK to BG. I PMed GM'er and he told me not to worry, the car was still in Nashville. After weeks and weeks of bouncing between codes, I'm now at 4B00 and hope to see my car on a delivery truck this week.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:37 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FEAR
Here is where i am confused, my dealer has been frustrated with the lack of info from the dealer, on the 26th he was told that it was in kentycky and "had been pulled for quality inspection on 9/24" why the car sat for 20 days before being inspected who knows, but it sat in 4p00 for WEEKS. then about the 24th went to 4d00.

this is a chat conversation i had with gm chat on the 26th, thursday.

Thank you for holding. Here is the information that was provided to me. Your vehicle is still currently located in Bowling Green, KY and is in the last phase of the three part inspection. Unfortunately, I do not have detailed information of exactly what they do in these inspections, they do not provide me with that type of information. But it is currently at the tail end and should be put on the carrier any day now. May I ask what state you are located in, maybe I can provide you with an estimate timeline of what to expect when it ships.

FLORIDA

Oh, good. Relatively close to the plant. This should mean you should completely skip the shipping process of it traveling by railcar to a distribution center, then branching off from there onto trucks to the dealership. Because you are this close, your vehicle should come from the plant directly by truck. Now this is not set in stone, as they love to change things on me. There would be no way to automatically notify you when the vehicle ships. The best way to get the information would be by chatting back in with us.

that i thought was good news, followed up by an email from my rep on friday evening.

Thank you for contacting GM customer service in regards to your vehicle order, as promised, here is the update for 9/27/13. As of 4:00p.m. EST, there has been no change in the shipping process since the last time we checked. The vehicle is still stationed in quality control and has not been released to the carrier that it will be traveling on. Mondays seem to be one of the best update days, so I will check once again on Monday and e-mail you sometime before I leave the office, hopefully with a change in your status.

and that night i see gmer say iim at 4200!

so im stoked,.... then i see today im GOING TO NASHVILLE!! wtf!!! how can so many people have NO CLUE whats going on?
First hint should have been that they said cars are currently shipping then my railcar, none are going rail.

I've gotten so much bad info from chat but I've also gotten some OK info.
I was once told that my car was getting shipped to my dealer in Nashville, TN Best bet is to CALL them. Person I spoke to was very helpful and told me correct info!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:41 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by schilitj
"and that night i see gmer say iim at 4200!

so im stoked,.... then i see today im GOING TO NASHVILLE!! wtf!!! how can so many people have NO CLUE whats going on?"

don't worry. GM CS told me my C7 had gone from Nashville BACK to BG. I PMed GM'er and he told me not to worry, the car was still in Nashville. After weeks and weeks of bouncing between codes, I'm now at 4B00 and hope to see my car on a delivery truck this week.
And I was told by the chat line on 9/26 that my car was in Texas undergoing PDI causing me to drop everything and rush to the dealership to find out the info I was given was totally false.

With so much misinformation people eventually start to get impatient.
Attached Images  

Last edited by zhopper05; 10-01-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 PM
nightrace7
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm afraid not all of our diverted cars are really in Nashville. I found out that an undisclosed number of them have actually been shipped to Roush Industries in Livonia Michigan, for reasons unknown to me. If anyone is aware of the details of this situation, please let us know. I thought Nashville was bad enough, now Michigan!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:20 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by nightrace7
I'm afraid not all of our diverted cars are really in Nashville. I found out that an undisclosed number of them have actually been shipped to Roush Industries in Livonia Michigan, for reasons unknown to me. If anyone is aware of the details of this situation, please let us know. I thought Nashville was bad enough, now Michigan!
Source of info? Proof?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:30 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Source of info? Proof?
I read it about 30 minutes ago here on the CF, mentioned by one of the moderators, Cruiter, I think.

Also, have ya'll heard that Zipcode's car, the one that threw in a CEL at 140 miles, was just reported to be stuck in a parking lot in VA, will not go into Reverse.

Let's take a deep breath folks, and see what news and updates will surface in the morning.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 PM
nightrace7
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My car had supposedly been in Nashville for a couple of weeks, and GM Global Connect showed the car at 5000(DELIVERED TO DEALER) which it was not. I finally called Jack Cooper Transport in Bowling Green, and they told me that my car, and some other early cars had actually been sent to Roush Industries in Livonia Michigan. They tell me they don't know why or for how long. My car is an all option automatic, vin#00031. There is no reference to the car being shipped there in GM Global Connect?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:41 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

My car had supposedly been in Nashville for a couple of weeks, and GM Global Connect showed the car at 5000(DELIVERED TO DEALER) which it was not. I finally called Jack Cooper Transport in Bowling Green, and they told me that my car, and some other early cars had actually been sent to Roush Industries in Livonia Michigan. They tell me they don't know why or for how long. My car is an all option automatic, vin#00031. There is no reference to the car being shipped there in GM Global Connect?
Thanks for the info. The plot thickens.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:44 PM
drtonyprimo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one knows were my car is either (#518). GM Chat told me it was in Nashville........ However my dealer just informed me yesterday that they "don't have enough auto transports to get all of the cars shipped" from Bowling Green..... And it isn't in Nashville!!!!

So let's see....... My car was built during the beginning of the month...... And then put in a corner...... While others built after mine have already been shipped & delivered! Yeah right!

This has become one big circle jerk..... And the tail is definitely wagging the dog!

And I'm glad there's finally a blog specifically for us guys that are being screwed with and to bitch amongst ourselves...... Like a Fraternity!!!!

I'm sick of my forum mailbox being filled with "hate mail" because a lot of these douchbags....... That didn't even order a car...... Don't like my comments!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if some are not in a hurry better to cancel. wait till get a few more under there
belt. Might see new color, options, or even an incentive vs full price
Old 09-29-2013, 10:50 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Ohh.. Wow. Maybe they are going to give you a free SC for waiting?

That sucks. Wonder what other cars are getting sent up there.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:55 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by drtonyprimo
No one knows were my car is either (#518). GM Chat told me it was in Nashville........ However my dealer just informed me yesterday that they "don't have enough auto transports to get all of the cars shipped" from Bowling Green..... And it isn't in Nashville!!!!

So let's see....... My car was built during the beginning of the month...... And then put in a corner...... While others built after mine have already been shipped & delivered! Yeah right!

This has become one big circle jerk..... And the tail is definitely wagging the dog!

And I'm glad there's finally a blog specifically for us guys that are being screwed with and to bitch amongst ourselves...... Like a Fraternity!!!!

I'm sick of my forum mailbox being filled with "hate mail" because a lot of these douchbags....... That didn't even order a car...... Don't like my comments!
Yeah - as I monitored developments over the past couple of days, I am afraid tomorrow morning people's frustration level may get worse than last Monday. I thought a dedicated thread may help keep the overall tension of the Forum down. it feel like we're beginning to get treated as the quarantined outcast.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Mariano
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 71 Posts

Built 9/12/13, status 3800; still at Bowling Green. To ease your frustration I will tell you; I wish I was at Nashville because that would mean it was a step closer to home.

As resident of Metro-Detroit, where it seems like almost everyone I know works in the auto industry, I know how complicated the new model roll-out process is in today's auto industry. Therefore, I can readily accept the wait.

I am patient and the car will be here soon. I just hope it is before the snow flies around Thanksgiving.

Alfie (Mariano)
Old 09-29-2013, 11:31 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

I personally don't mind if my car has been taken to Roush's. At least I know it is being looked at properly.

When I bought my 07 Z, starting at around 400 miles, the car didn't have much power above 4k RPM. Took it to 3 dealers, and none were able to figure out what was wrong. It took Lingenfelter and an extra $5k in labor beyond the quoted 630HP package to finally resolve it. It ran perfect ever since.

I would much rather have any issues or deficiencies discovered this early be handled this way. But I don't want to be kept in the dark.

Last edited by zhopper05; 09-30-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:35 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Alfie43
Built 9/12/13, status 3800; still at Bowling Green. To ease your frustration I will tell you; I wish I was at Nashville because that would mean it was a step closer to home.

As resident of Metro-Detroit, where it seems like almost everyone I know works in the auto industry, I know how complicated the new model roll-out process is in today's auto industry. Therefore, I can readily accept the wait.

I am patient and the car will be here soon. I just hope it is before the snow flies around Thanksgiving.

Alfie (Mariano)
What if you find out that after your car was built in August and it's October now, was taken to Nashville for QC, then to Detroit for some more QC, with no end in sight, and no explanation as to the reasons why, as some CF members are just learning? Would you still readily accept and wait? If that's true, Man, I wish I have your patience.

Last edited by zhopper05; 09-30-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

If I don't find out tommorow exactly where my already bought car is I will report it missing... GM will have a field day with that one

Get notified of new replies

To Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 AM
FEAR
Pro

Originally Posted by zhopper05
When was your car built?
9/5. Vin 412
Old 09-30-2013, 01:05 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

what does roush produce on the c7's??
Old 09-30-2013, 01:37 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by dvandentop
what does roush produce on the c7's??
I am researching but they were definitely involved in engineering the Stingray. If they are being shipped there it probably isn't a good sign .

Here is an employee review of their job posted Sept. 13th.

"Engineer (Current Employee), Warren, MI – September 13, 2013
I enjoy working with vehicles and the fact that I've advanced to become an Engineer with the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray in the palm of my hand without having a degree has been an amazing experience. However, I do disagree with the pay. I enjoy working with my co-workers, sometimes work could get a little hectic but maintaining a positive attitude is a plus. The hardest part of the job is when everyone wants you to do a specific task such as writing work orders for vehicles on top of looking up diagnoses for another set of vehicles at the same time.The most enjoyable part of the job is testing the vehicle's performance and handling, and also brainstorming with GM Engineers when issues occur."

Could be anything, nothing further to learn here other than it is something...

Founded in 1976, Roush is a full-service product development supplier headquartered in
Livonia, Michigan, with over 3,000 employees in facilities located throughout North America.
Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, product development, and manufacturing
services to the transportation industry
, Roush also provides significant support to the consumer
product, life science, and defense industries. Service offerings include design, body, chassis,
powertrain, electrical, and NVH engineering, tooling, machining, rapid prototyping, advanced
composites, fabrication, and assembly.

Roush’s diverse customer base includes clients such as Ford Motor Company, Chrysler,
General Motors, Navistar, General Dynamics, Textron, AM General, GE Healthcare, Stryker,
and Merck. Roush is a subsidiary of Roush Enterprises, Inc., parent company of Roush
Fenway Racing; Roush Performance, developer and manufacturer of performance vehicles and
products for the automotive aftermarket; Roush CleanTech, developer and manufacturer of
propane-powered trucks and vans for the fleet vehicle market; and Roush Life Sciences,
developer and manufacturer of products for the healthcare and life science industries. To learn
more, visit www.roush.com.

Could be GM going WTF on their new 160+million factory overhaul. I wouldn't be surprised if Roush was instrumental in the BG upgrade.

Last edited by WildVettes; 09-30-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!