C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car went to Nashville, I went to Porscheville.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 PM
FormerC7Buyer
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car went to Nashville, I went to Porscheville.

The C7 was the first Corvette I was interested in buying. In February, after I saw the reveal video on YouTube, I went into my local Chevy dealer and promptly put a deposit down to be #5 on their pre-order list.

Come to find out they received 62 coupes... I got in on the first consensus cycle.. yay me.

Car sat at 3000... 3400.... you know the drill... 3800... then.. 4300/4D00 where it has been sitting for 3.5 weeks. My dealer calls me earlier today and told me the car was shipped to Nashville and will be there until the end of October, best case. This car was built almost a MONTH ago.

I asked if he could get info from GM as to why it was there, yet I saw a guy at the gas station with a Torch Red VIN 135something and he just picked it up on Friday. He said GM doesnt give him info and couldnt tell me, he has no idea what the issue could be other than they are trying to make it "perfect".

Well... to me the guy who got his already is "perfect" seeing as how they released it to him already. Mine cant be perfect because the pile of crap is sitting in Nashville getting REPAIRED before it even hits the road!

I told him I will never buy a GM product again. My wife and I decided to test drive the 2014 Porsche Cayman S and went out for lunch and stopped by.

Long story short, I test drove this amazing car and picked her up for $73K ($385 cheaper than my C7 on order), including the PDK transmission, and couldn't be happier. The sales process was amazing, they even tossed in a $100 gift card to Flemings to have dinner on them. They are sending a mobile detailer to my office next week as a complementary gift. 4 Years hassle-free maintenance... loaner Porsches when needing maintenance.. and they treated me the way I should when writing a $73K check. The thread regarding the C7 being the reason American cars get a bad reputation is dead on. Gave GM a shot, they failed, and Porsche has a new customer.

Good luck guys hope you have better luck than me. Not saying Porsche is better, at least I was able to buy the Porsche.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:10 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Congrats on the new Porsche.

Enjoy and be safe.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:15 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

You must really love the back end of the C7 if you're willing to drive the Caymen... its the view you will now become familiar with.

WHOA... just kidding. I'm sorry the C7 did not work out for you but I'm sure you will enjoy the Caymen as they are super nice cars. Have fun and drive friendly.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:15 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Enjoy your Porsche.

Depending on what happens this week with my Private offer and status of my car, I maybe joining you in the "done waiting" I won't get a Porsche but I will look at a used Aston Martin or Maserati. Slower than the C7, handles no where as good but they both look damn sexy!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Tony C7
Instructor

Can never go wrong with Porsche...
Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Dusty Starbucks
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with your new Boxster/Cayman. I am sure you will be pleased. There is a risk to the C7 that everyone hopes (really hard) that will not come to fruition. That is the "first model year" curse and those that have big brass ones that are willing to be the first buyers of the first model year production are playing a little game of Russian roulette. I would probably be risking too, but I want the car at the right time of year, which for me is March. Spring gives me the best of times to enjoy it. By that time, we will have enough feedback from the early adopters and the production line will be relatively stable.

Have fun!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:18 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

To continue the themesville...

Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Here is my take: Porsche has been working on the 911 with revisions since the 1960's to get it right & people are upset because GM is concerned with getting a car right off the production line in the first month of production.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 PM
335i
Instructor

It's my understanding that cars sent to Nashville are undergoing inspections, but not repairs unless they actually find something that needs to be repaired.

I can imagine the delay was very frustrating. Personally though, I don't think I would compromise on the car I wanted because of a couple month delay, and the product is more important to me than the service.

That said, you can't go wrong with the Porsche either.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

You obviously didn't really want the C7, or you would have waited.
Your money, your call.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry to hear that....but you have made the next buyer of your ordered C7 VERY happy!!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 PM
DFW_C7
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys - I just wanted to login here to the forum and let you know I am never going to use the forums again.

I mean this is ridiculous - I expected all of my questions to be answered immediately and everyone is just busy with their own conversations.

Unacceptable ... but I just had to log in to make sure you all knew how terrible the forums are and make it clear that I have no interest in the forums anymore even though I am here posting...

Have a good life on the forums - I am going back to e-mail.... and my Balvenie.
raycorvette2014
Advanced

Originally Posted by FormerC7Buyer
The C7 was the first Corvette I was interested in buying. In February, after I saw the reveal video on YouTube, I went into my local Chevy dealer and promptly put a deposit down to be #5 on their pre-order list.

Come to find out they received 62 coupes... I got in on the first consensus cycle.. yay me.

Car sat at 3000... 3400.... you know the drill... 3800... then.. 4300/4D00 where it has been sitting for 3.5 weeks. My dealer calls me earlier today and told me the car was shipped to Nashville and will be there until the end of October, best case. This car was built almost a MONTH ago.

I asked if he could get info from GM as to why it was there, yet I saw a guy at the gas station with a Torch Red VIN 135something and he just picked it up on Friday. He said GM doesnt give him info and couldnt tell me, he has no idea what the issue could be other than they are trying to make it "perfect".

Well... to me the guy who got his already is "perfect" seeing as how they released it to him already. Mine cant be perfect because the pile of crap is sitting in Nashville getting REPAIRED before it even hits the road!

I told him I will never buy a GM product again. My wife and I decided to test drive the 2014 Porsche Cayman S and went out for lunch and stopped by.

Long story short, I test drove this amazing car and picked her up for $73K ($385 cheaper than my C7 on order), including the PDK transmission, and couldn't be happier. The sales process was amazing, they even tossed in a $100 gift card to Flemings to have dinner on them. They are sending a mobile detailer to my office next week as a complementary gift. 4 Years hassle-free maintenance... loaner Porsches when needing maintenance.. and they treated me the way I should when writing a $73K check. The thread regarding the C7 being the reason American cars get a bad reputation is dead on. Gave GM a shot, they failed, and Porsche has a new customer.

Good luck guys hope you have better luck than me. Not saying Porsche is better, at least I was able to buy the Porsche.
Probably shouldnt post this since I work for a Chevy dealer, but I will, Im in the exact same boat. To make things even worse, my wife runs a Porsche dealership.. Damn it! LOL
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
You obviously didn't really want the C7, or you would have waited.
Your money, your call.
He just joined the Forum to make this post. Imagine taking time out of driving and enjoying the Porsche to do this FOR US! Some sort of PUBLIC SERVICE Good Samaritan I guess. Sir, we owe you a debt of gratitude

Old 09-30-2013, 11:28 PM
rijowysock
Racer

i've had 4 911's, and honestly thinking about going for #5.

GM made an amazing car, but as a company they didn't change at all.. i'm really upset and frustrated with GM as a car company... i should have known better.. they need to do better if they are going to chase "porsche" clients... as their main prey.

the dealer network is just crap, the salesmen are used to selling impala's and not used to selling what should be "their premiere model"...

nissan sells crap too, but when you buy a GT-R they treat you much better.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:31 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

When did they start shipping cars?

Two weeks ago?
Old 09-30-2013, 11:31 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Get notified of new replies

To Car went to Nashville, I went to Porscheville.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 PM
mpv96
Intermediate

I'm not exactly sure of what all goes on in Nashville but I was at the plant with many of the Corvette folks this past weekend and they said the main rail head that they ship from is in Nashville as well.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 335i
It's my understanding that cars sent to Nashville are undergoing inspections, but not repairs unless they actually find something that needs to be repaired.

I can imagine the delay was very frustrating. Personally though, I don't think I would compromise on the car I wanted because of a couple month delay, and the product is more important to me than the service.

That said, you can't go wrong with the Porsche either.
Rigghttt... Drinking the GM Kool-Aid?

These are sporadic QC check on the each and every one of the first 1000 built in which they said all of them will go through QC but yet only some are going? Does that even make sense? Didn't think so.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:33 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Not sure who your dealer is, but i have not heard Mike, Rick, Tommy, or Ken chime in on concerning the Nashville fiasco. If they had info i am guessing they would pass it along to the Forum. The fact that you guy told you the end of October is (IMO) just throwing a dart. It is just as likely that it could show up tomorrow.

If you ordered a new Cayman would you be privy to the same realtime info that you had on your C7?

Njoy you Porsche.

Quick Reply: Car went to Nashville, I went to Porscheville.