Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by zland
Much better to be delayed and delivered without problems than to be delivered sooner and it becomes a nightmare after delivery.

I bet most of the people whining about the delay would be whining even more so if their car was a lemon.
Hey zland - do you have a car stuck in Nashville? Built five weeks ago with no end in sight and no knowledge as to why?

Please spare me - enough with the "Much better to be delayed and delivered without problems than to be delivered sooner and it becomes a nightmare after delivery" rhetoric. I have owned lemons before, more than once. The problem we're having with the process is not, let me repeat - is not with the delay. It is with the lack of transparency as to why????? I think we deserve an honest answer as to WHY our cars are stuck. That's all, pure and simple. Is this really so difficult to understand? Sorry, if it appears I am taking my frustration out on you, I am not. I don't mean to. But you're repeating the same broken record from people who don't have a dog in this fight.

Some people do need their cars, you know.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:25 AM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by jschindler
Uhhh, you didn't start it as a bitch session? Then why did you start it? Lets at least be honest here Jeff.
Jay, not to quibble, but show me where I'm "bitching". What I thought I presented was a thoughtful lament, not bitch, about how long I've been waiting to get my *** in my C7.

BTW, I don't want to start a semantic war between us
Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Hey Jay and JVP (sorry I don't know your name), please let's keep it cool guys. It's okay to argue, but don't get at each others throats.

Oh Jay, BTW, did you see my post we must have missed each other at Norman Frede yesterday? We may have been there at the same time.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Daniel White
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did this same process exist for factory C6 orders or is all of this new frustration? Just curious.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Zhuskers1
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

You think you have problems.... they don't want my order since I picked the most popular options.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:29 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by schilitj
Jay, not to quibble, but show me where I'm "bitching". What I thought I presented was a thoughtful lament, not bitch, about how long I've been waiting to get my *** in my C7.

BTW, I don't want to start a semantic war between us
Pardon me for not cutting and pasting from your first post (I'm on a new Apple and finding the touch pad to be more difficult to cut and paste). But I can't imagine anyone would construe you starting this thread as anything except a bitch post. BTW, please understand that I'm not saying that in a derogatory manner - if I were in your position I'd be bitching. But I'd admit to it!

BTW, I agree on not starting a war. We've both been here a long time and I have no issues with you.

Originally Posted by zhopper05
Hey Jay and JVP (sorry I don't know your name), please let's keep it cool guys. It's okay to argue, but don't get at each others throats.

Oh Jay, BTW, did you see my post we must have missed each other at Norman Frede yesterday? We may have been there at the same time.
First of all, my name is Jim, but no problem calling me Jay - I understand. I don't see where I went at his throat so much as I took issue with his direct insult on me. It's okay to tell me you disagree and you think I'm wrong. But his first comment back was a direct personal insult.

Sorry I missed you. I was there at about 12:30. The guy who is buying the Cyber Gray car was there and I talked to him for a few minutes. Sorry I missed you. I look forward to meeting you and you'll see that I'm a pretty nice guy who lives, eats, and breaths anything that can be construed as "gear head" stuff!

Originally Posted by Daniel White
Did this same process exist for factory C6 orders or is all of this new frustration? Just curious.
I had an order in six months before the C6 came out. There were certainly some quality holds here and there, and the convertible (which I originally had ordered) kept getting delayed. But by and large I think it went smoother. In fairness, as the years go by the internet makes it easier for buyers to have higher expectations and a place to vent their frustrations when things don't go well.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jschindler
Pardon me for not cutting and pasting from your first post (I'm on a new Apple and finding the touch pad to be more difficult to cut and paste). But I can't imagine anyone would construe you starting this thread as anything except a bitch post. BTW, please understand that I'm not saying that in a derogatory manner - if I were in your position I'd be bitching. But I'd admit to it!

BTW, I agree on not starting a war. We've both been here a long time and I have no issues with you.

First of all, my name is Jim, but no problem calling me Jay - I understand. I don't see where I went at his throat so much as I took issue with his direct insult on me. It's okay to tell me you disagree and you think I'm wrong. But his first comment back was a direct personal insult.

Sorry I missed you. I was there at about 12:30. The guy who is buying the Cyber Gray car was there and I talked to him for a few minutes. Sorry I missed you. I look forward to meeting you and you'll see that I'm a pretty nice guy who lives, eats, and breaths anything that can be construed as "gear head" stuff!

I had an order in six months before the C6 came out. There were certainly some quality holds here and there, and the convertible (which I originally had ordered) kept getting delayed. But by and large I think it went smoother. In fairness, as the years go by the internet makes it easier for buyers to have higher expectations and a place to vent their frustrations when things don't go well.
I had thought your name was Jim from our last chat, but when someone else referred to you by Jay I thought that may be what you go by. At any rate, Jim (I repeated it to make sure I remember it) I also met the man who bought the CG. By the way, according to GM Customer Assistance, few minutes ago, my car left Nashville yesterday. If you PM me with your number, I'll call or text you when it arrives at the dealership.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:57 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by zhopper05
I had thought your name was Jim from our last chat, but when someone else referred to you by Jay I thought that may be what you go by. At any rate, Jim (I repeated it to make sure I remember it) I also met the man who bought the CG. By the way, according to GM Customer Assistance, few minutes ago, my car left Nashville yesterday. If you PM me with your number, I'll call or text you when it arrives at the dealership.
Thanks. I will send a PM. I look forward to meeting you with or without your car. I work from home and often get out for lunch in the area. Most weekends I'm out riding, but Sundays are usually best for me as I ride all day Saturday.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:00 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hey! To the OP....

You need to read this...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...m-the-ncm.html
Old 10-02-2013, 11:53 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp

As for the order: he's a customer of the dealer. It doesn't mean GM doesn't care, it's just that at this point in the process, GM doesn't owe him anything. They owe the dealer something, and that something is a car. When we get to a place like Tesla is pushing such that we can order Corvettes directly from GM, the story will be completely different. Until then, it's the dealer. Not GM.

Get it?
^

Respectfully & imho, GM owes the Dealer more than a car. They owe the dealer sufficient, timely accurate information so they can keep their customer informed and satisfied. That is not being provided. As evidenced by posts on this very Forum, even the highly respected Forum Supporting Dealers, are embarrassed by their inability to answer their customer's legitimate questions.

Folks like GM'er and Chevy Customer Service here on the Forum, are stepping in to provide the very information one's dealer should have. By most all accounts, the C7 deserves raves and accolades - the associated customer communication deserves much of the opposite, to this point.

Last edited by michaelinmech; 10-03-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by kristopherbush
better to wait for it now while they work out what ever needs to be worked out then to get it and have it sit at a dealership with a tech drooling over it instead of trying to fix it
I agree and hope that when you do get the car it is all you hoped it would be.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:58 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

IMO GM should simply put another car on the line that matches any car that heads to Nashville for major repair. Then send the first one done to the customer.

They will sell all they can build anyway so this is simply the best way to keep the customer happy. They could exclude cars that have the color override option if they think the combo is too extreme.

This would solve a few issues. First, customers would receive cars in approximately the same sequence in which they were ordered. Second, more cars would hit dealer showrooms so people like my Dad, who really wants to sit/see one before ordering, can do so.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:18 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by vetteLT193
IMO GM should simply put another car on the line that matches any car that heads to Nashville for major repair. Then send the first one done to the customer.

They will sell all they can build anyway so this is simply the best way to keep the customer happy. They could exclude cars that have the color override option if they think the combo is too extreme.

This would solve a few issues. First, customers would receive cars in approximately the same sequence in which they were ordered. Second, more cars would hit dealer showrooms so people like my Dad, who really wants to sit/see one before ordering, can do so.
Not going to happen. Once you have a VIN and TPW it is a wrap. Your order number is tied to that VIN. The only options are getting your VIN tattooed to your shoulder or cancelling your order and trying again.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by WildVettes
Not going to happen. Once you have a VIN and TPW it is a wrap. Your order number is tied to that VIN. The only options are getting your VIN tattooed to your shoulder or cancelling your order and trying again.
I hear ya loud and clear. I didn't say it was going to happen, just that it should happen.

GM has customer service worse than prisons. If they fix that maybe these issues would resolve themselves.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by vetteLT193
I hear ya loud and clear. I didn't say it was going to happen, just that it should happen.

GM has customer service worse than prisons. If they fix that maybe these issues would resolve themselves.
well they do run a prison in Nashville. Our cars don't get due process though.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

schilitj,

That is a journey. I know Kelly and GM'er as well, appreciate that you are grateful for their assistance. We do not want your joy and excitement to dwindle.

Erica Tiffany (Assisting Kelly)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-03-2013, 09:02 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I now think, all arguments considered, that times have changed since the last, big, generation change for Corvette. And, altho the number of those who follow their ordered cars may be very small, say 1/10th of all Corvette buyers per year), there is room for change.

Chevrolet, GM and Corvette need to change the information process and give substantive answers in a timely way to those who want to know about their ordered cars.

There, I said it. Chevrolet, GM and Corvette can change to meet the times of "instant information," "people wanna know, "it's my car--no matter who is legally the owner," etc.

Or, they can remain just as it is, as it always was...and as it can't continue to be.

The winds of change have so affected this car that the "customer information process" must, or should change along with the style and substance of the car itself. That is but one more way to demonstrate that not only the car has changed, but so has the attitude of the people who make this car.

Now, the ball is in GM, Chevrolet and Corvette's court in my opinion. That's my take on it.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:21 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

The car is home! The joy and excitement are back in a big way. Pictures to follow as soon as a friend of mine posts them.

Quick Reply: The Joy and Excitement are Just About Gone