Sponsored by:

Z51 order delays

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 03:15 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Cape Schrod
Appreciate the correction. Will tell my dealer to take it off the order and order the SBU over the parts counter. All may change though as I may luck out on the 18th if the Z51 constraint has been lifted and my original order with the Z51 option is accepted in the system.
Np

If you will add SBU, I suggest to add to your existing Workbench Order so that it is added during the assembly process (hopefully, still 100% unconfirmed on this) because if not, it will end up added as post-production (via dealership) then the dealer has to remove the entire rear bumper and also drill 9 holes into the trunk lid.... kinda risky if they don't have experience on this yet unlike in the assembly plant. Food for thought...
Old 10-13-2013, 03:18 PM
awstngray
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to order the exposed CF roof, but was told about the constraint. I switched to the transparent roof, then I was told it wasn't available either. All I can get is the stock body color roof. Has anyone heard of a constraint on the transparent roof?? My dealer said the order would not go through without removing that option.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Trans top is not a constraint...he's an idiot...
Old 10-13-2013, 03:46 PM
awstngray
Advanced

Originally Posted by Glen e
Trans top is not a constraint...he's an idiot...
That's what I thought, but he said it was. I don't understand why they couldn't put the order through with it. I guess I can always order it later on and have both. I'm guessing they were confused on which roof I was talking about. This has been an extremely frustrating process thus far
Old 10-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Cape Schrod
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z51 Spoiler

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray
Np

If you will add SBU, I suggest to add to your existing Workbench Order so that it is added during the assembly process (hopefully, still 100% unconfirmed on this) because if not, it will end up added as post-production (via dealership) then the dealer has to remove the entire rear bumper and also drill 9 holes into the trunk lid.... kinda risky if they don't have experience on this yet unlike in the assembly plant. Food for thought...
I looked at the Excel spread sheet posted a few months ago, 2014 RPO and pricing and spread Rev G, and see that under the dealer installed equipment there is a Z51 style spoiler 5ZU. My workbench order has my dealer installed items that will be shipped with the car so the spoiler my VL1 cargo mat V8X custom sill plates and WKQ red indoor cover should all come in that way. (I have already emailed him to remove the SB3). Hopefully the 5ZU will be with them. Hopefully the Z51 option will be accepted on the 18th and the spoiler will not be an issue anyway.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:47 PM
VRMMMM
Pro

If I cant have Z51 and mag ride, I don't want the car. I will wait.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Bandit's Vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since my order is the Z51 and a vert, I may be better off getting the 2015 too

Quick Reply: Z51 order delays