Sponsored by:

peoples reaction to my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 PM
FEAR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peoples reaction to my car

im kind of in shock of how many people go flat out nuts over this car! i have had 3 gas stops, shortest one was 20 min. people do uturns to look at it and take pictures! its kind of a pain in the *** actually, but it will slow down soon i suspect.

the next person who says " it looks like a ferrari" im gonna slap

funny story, i drove the car downtown tonight and parked it curbside, some food event going on, lots of cars and people everywhere. this guy pulls up in a brand new gallardo spyder, white and black, very hot car. i have about half a dozen people taking pictures and asking questions about my car parked across the street from the lambo, stood there a good 20 min. 40 people came up to my car and took pictures and talked to me, all nice people, maybe 4 people looked at the lambo, we see them every day in palm beach.
anyway guy who owns the lambo comes up to me, says "excuse me, is this your corvette?" i say yes and he asks " are you a chevy dealer?" i say no, and he says " cause i am, and I CANT GET ONE!! I own 2 chevy stores in minnesota and they wont let me have one yet, so i bought the lambo instead.

so naturally i said " want to trade?"

he laughed .
Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Good story! I can hardly wait!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 PM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I came out of Pubix and a guy said there were 10 people standing around the car before I came out. He followed me to tell me this. The car just gets all kinds of looks. The thing is I park it way out in the parking lot to keep dings out of the doors.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Dusty Starbucks
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehe - you guys should be having a great time. Anyone tell you the rear end is ugly? No, No let's not start that here!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 PM
John510
Drifting

Received 889 Likes on 381 Posts

Awesome story.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:06 AM
TacDoc
Racer

Wife accosted by teen boys twice this evening. When she went to pick our youngest up from H.S. it took 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot. After that she took our daughter to cheerleading practice and stopped by Mickey D's. The kids headed to various sports practices again surrounded her and they were almost late for practice. My only fear is another driver gawking and veering into her.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:13 AM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

I took mine to the local Waterway for a quick wash, and the dude who did my wheels asked me what it was (??!!) When I told him it was the new Stingray, he says "Man that is SICK !! That is the baddest *** Whip I've seen all year", and then he gave me a high five.

Pretty funny, really. Whatever you Corvette veterans think of the styling, it seems to be a big hit with the young guys around here. I think Welburn and Bennion knew exactly what they were doing.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:26 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
... Whatever you Corvette veterans think of the styling, it seems to be a big hit with the young guys around here. I think Welburn and Bennion knew exactly what they were doing.
You're right. Corvette guys seem to like parts of the C7, especially the front. But other people go crazy asking about the car and taking pictures even in traffic. They seem to especially like the rear, it's very dramatic and different. Lots of attitude.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Dusty Starbucks
Racer

Originally Posted by ZL-1
You're right. Corvette guys seem to like parts of the C7, especially the front. But other people go crazy asking about the car and taking pictures even in traffic. They seem to especially like the rear, it's very dramatic and different. Lots of attitude.
Maybe, and I am going to go out on a limb here....the old Corvette guys know less about what is going to appeal to younger people than all of the people and money that went onto determining this design would work for what they are trying to achieve. I know, I know (putting my tinfoil hat and my fire suit on now)
Old 10-11-2013, 01:18 AM
lottavettes
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Starbucks
Maybe, and I am going to go out on a limb here....the old Corvette guys know less about what is going to appeal to younger people than all of the people and money that went onto determining this design would work for what they are trying to achieve. I know, I know (putting my tinfoil hat and my fire suit on now)

You are right on. How about this limb. The best part of the new car to me is the rear end and the best part of the rear end is the tail lights.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Bat7Man
Racer

Originally Posted by FEAR
im kind of in shock of how many people go flat out nuts over this car! i have had 3 gas stops, shortest one was 20 min. people do uturns to look at it and take pictures! its kind of a pain in the *** actually, but it will slow down soon i suspect.

funny story, i drove the car downtown tonight and parked it curbside, some food event going on, lots of cars and people everywhere. this guy pulls up in a brand new gallardo spyder, white and black, very hot car. i have about half a dozen people taking pictures and asking questions about my car parked across the street from the lambo, stood there a good 20 min. 40 people came up to my car and took pictures and talked to me, all nice people, maybe 4 people looked at the lambo, we see them every day in palm beach.
anyway guy who owns the lambo comes up to me, says "excuse me, is this your corvette?" i say yes and he asks " are you a chevy dealer?" i say no, and he says " cause i am, and I CANT GET ONE!! I own 2 chevy stores in minnesota and they wont let me have one yet, so i bought the lambo instead.

he laughed .
Same responses I have been getting. Interesting since there are a few in the area now with you, brian75, and myself. Where in Wellington are you. I'd love to get together to see yours and just compare a couple of things.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 AM
brian75
Advanced

Same reaction here.Ferrari is the first thing everyone think it is. I feel like a movie star or something. Everyone taking pictures and surrounding the car. My kids want me to pick them up from school everyday. My daughter said she owed money to the high school after I picked her up and drove her home just so I can let her drive it back. LOL. She is more popular now.LOL
Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 AM
cbboarder
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 51 Posts

You guys are making me feel selfish. I got a stick so the wife and daughter couldn't drive it.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Eagle3sh
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cbboarder
You guys are making me feel selfish. I got a stick so the wife and daughter couldn't drive it.
Why is it that everyone thinks their wives can not drive the 7 speed. My wife will have no problem with our Stingray convertible with the manual transmission. That is if we ever get it. We are in the first group of verts to go to 3000 and waiting patiently.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:15 AM
cbboarder
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Eagle3sh
Why is it that everyone thinks their wives can not drive the 7 speed. My wife will have no problem with our Stingray convertible with the manual transmission. That is if we ever get it. We are in the first group of verts to go to 3000 and waiting patiently.
Let me clarify, I've tried teaching her to drive stick (as well as her brothers) and it didn't go over very well. For whatever reason, I believe it intimidated her which caused her to give up not us. In addition and this may be selfish but I'm not spending $70K on a sports car that's an automatic.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:39 AM
tomc8at
Race Director

Good....
Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 AM
roscoe118
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks like a Ferrari...

Get notified of new replies

To peoples reaction to my car

Old 10-11-2013, 08:07 AM
teamacacia
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Eagle3sh
Because she can't or at least was never taught. She has had an auto since day one. I have never owned a manual vehicle but had to learn to drive a manual to operate a couple of the maintenance vehicles at the golf course when I was in HS and college.
Side note: another doc I work with bought her daughter a manual when she turned 16. The thought was that along with needing to know how to drive a manual, having to manipulate the clutch and the stick would also keep the kiddo from texting and driving. A great idea that never crossed my mind.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:08 AM
FEAR
Pro

Originally Posted by nsad
Same responses I have been getting. Interesting since there are a few in the area now with you, brian75, and myself. Where in Wellington are you. I'd love to get together to see yours and just compare a couple of things.
I live right by the mall. I will be at Pbir tonight if you guys are around
Old 10-11-2013, 08:12 AM
teamacacia
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by FEAR

he laughed .
Great story! I took a coworkers new C7 around the neighborhood from the hospital and there were a long line of stares when I had it parked outside. Everyone in the docs dining room were talking about the car, everyone. As I drove it around a couple of construction guys came out giving the obligatory thumbs up and asking for a burnout...not my car so no burnout, but I was tempted.

I have to say, I was super impressed with the car!

Quick Reply: peoples reaction to my car