Sponsored by:

1692 is home, 3 days and 560 miles, my review

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 02:24 PM
RedRay
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 1692 is home, 3 days and 560 miles, my review

OK, my ride came in and I picked it up on Friday at Kerbeck, it was raining (hard), but we made the best of it. I drive my cars so am not afraid of it getting wet. This is a CRM, Z-51, LT3, 7-Speed, Kalahari with Suede, Black rims. and every option except the comp seats and the painted spoiler. Its classy, but has a mean look to it, exactly what I was looking for. Drove it back to OH and got a chance to play a bit on the highway’s, this car is fun, already have 560 miles on it and counting. My review:

The good
  • Am a big guy at 6’4” 250lbs, the car fits like a glove, feels different from my C6, but not smaller, just different. It is more of a wraparound cockpit feel, it is very nice and quite comfortable.
  • Love the suede on the seats, add a bit of contrast. To all the leather on the dash, worth the extra money
  • Get the upper suede trim, it is nice and adds a bit of sophistication
  • Neat feature that the vehicle shows different limits on the tachometer for the first 500 miles (break-in) and for the period the engine is arming up. Very cool, it was hard to wait for 500 miles but we watched it count down on the way home and it was like a free pass to “drive it like you stole it” when the limit turned off, yes it has already saw three digits
  • The rear view mirror is a big improvement, smaller, edge to edge with no huge plastic around it, very nice for us bigger guys who have this in plain view
  • Mode selections are cool, got them tied to change with the mode, cool feature
  • Everything is configurable, could be overwhelming, but its impressive
  • Color heads up display rocks, having the Nav up there as well is very cool and keep you looking at the road rather than at displays on the dash
  • Cool feature to have your mirrors tilt down when backing up to avoid hitting curbs
  • Like the no “cap gas” cap, one less thing to back on the paint and drip on the paint
Could have done better:
  • Hate the stickers on the window shades, as a taller driver these are in plain view and distracting, will need to find out how to take these off or cover them with black suede
  • Would be nice if the seat did recline back a bit further (reported before)
  • They should offer the Stingray badging in black, it would look cool with my setup. Am sure after market will provide soon
  • Trunk is hard to close; found It best to gently place it down on the latch and then just give it a quick push to close it. If you drop it the fit is so good the pressure inside the car does not allow it to close fully
  • Have opened the hatch when exiting with my knee a couple of times, perhaps not the best location for that button.

Other items
  • Black wheels are going to be hard to keep clean, they get dirty quick, love the black calipers, looks better than color to me on the CRM
  • Car is easy to clean, no more drips from rear lights, still have them from the mirrors however
  • Carbon roof is beautiful, worth the money
  • FAY option is very classy, love it
  • Car roars when you get it up in the rev band, no aftermarket exhaust required (had Borla Stingers on my C6, so I like it loud); it sounds great

No pictures required, you know what it looks like.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:27 PM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations ! Glad you are happy with it
Old 10-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 925 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

I like that --> "classy but mean" -exactly the look I'm going for....thanks for writing...
Old 10-13-2013, 02:30 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRay
No pictures required, you know what it looks like.
Uh oh. Stand by.

Congratulations though!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Gr8ful
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and very informative. Under the"Good" the 4th dot note you you said "the engine arming up". What did I you mean? Thanks
Old 10-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Jofu
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gr8ful
Congrats and very informative. Under the"Good" the 4th dot note you you said "the engine arming up". What did I you mean? Thanks
"warming up", red line is artificially kept low until the engine is warmed up!

Geoff
Old 10-13-2013, 04:10 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Congrats and enjoy your new Vette
Old 10-13-2013, 04:18 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

[[*]Trunk is hard to close; found It best to gently place it down on the latch and then just give it a quick push to close it. If you drop it the fit is so good the pressure inside the car does not allow it to close fully
Congratulations.
On my C6 I just open one of the doors a bit and that relieves the air pressure totally when closing the hatch
Old 10-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

NO PICS!!

Congrats!!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:22 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,443 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Congrats - and nice review.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Oh.... please please please post some pics! I'm planning on doing almost the same in my Convertible and it would be great to see what yours looks like.

Please?
Old 10-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Great write-up! Nice to get some real feedback, good and bad.

Congrats!

Michael
Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

OK, my ride came in and I picked it up on Friday at Kerbeck, it was raining (hard), but we made the best of it. I drive my cars so am not afraid of it getting wet. This is a CRM, Z-51, LT3, 7-Speed, Kalahari with Suede, Black rims. and every option except the comp seats and the painted spoiler. Its classy, but has a mean look to it, exactly what I was looking for. Drove it back to OH and got a chance to play a bit on the highway’s, this car is fun, already have 560 miles on it and counting.
RedRay,

Congrats on your C7! Thanks as well for the feedback! How many compliments have you received?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To 1692 is home, 3 days and 560 miles, my review

Quick Reply: 1692 is home, 3 days and 560 miles, my review