Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFvette
My top seems to be squeaking a lot. Transparent top. I will tell dealer when I get my 1st oil change. Goes on and off easy squeaks with every little bump in road.
Well when I was driving my car to a car meet I put my fingers on two of the gaskets with a little pressure near the rear single closure handle the squeaking went away so when I go to my second lube in about a week I will see if they can shorten the space on rear roof hook to tight the pressure !!! Wayne
Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 PM
WTFvette
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts
Default airbag dash tag

The passenger side dash airbag tag is upside down when viewed from the passenger seat. Other C7's have it right side up.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:51 PM
rjcsue
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette-Pilot
Just took delivery of 2LT, Z51,M7 today. Page 5-8 talks about the reconfigurable instrument cluster. I am unable to get anything to change. It is in track mode only. I can not find the menu to link it to drive mode or change it to sport or tour. Vin 24976 built 5/8. I do get a message referring to www.johnsoncontrols.com/cluster-software. Any help will be appreciated.
Originally Posted by Vette-Pilot
Finally found the area in the menu and problem is resolved. Great car, my sixth. It exceeds all of my expectations.
Originally Posted by vetehead
Ok guys..this is the official answer as to why we won't see this....if the drive mode was selected to be in track mode....and someone were to hard lock the suspension to tour mode the brass had some concern about some dangerous drivability when a z51 would be pushed to limits.I believe they may has expirienced this with the Corporate Test Vehicles that were running around ...the option for suspension hard control was taken out right before production.... This why early owners manuals were printed with some errors!

I agree with you guys about it being the perfect setup...so here is my work around setting.....

1- I lock the dash view to settings to sport
2- I have the steering locked to sport
3- I have the exhaust set to off
4- I keep drive mode selector in tour mode

I usually change the exhaust back to set to drive mode when I come home late or leave early am....until I get away from the house...being a considerate neighbor....

Hope this helps some of you!
3. and 4. I understand and can do... BUT (1) & (2) lock dash view and lock steering ? Please explain, Thanks. Bob
Old 09-15-2014, 11:47 AM
autoxnut
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default mirror return and infotainment issues

I have a 2LT Z51 I picked up at the museum on 2/10/2014, now with 10,600 miles on it. I was also a first year C6 owner. I have been amazed at the looks, technology and lack of issues with this car.

A couple of months ago, the drivers mirror quit returning to its setting after reversing the car. If I press the manual return button on the door, it will return to my setting. If I manually readjust the mirror or reset my memory feature, it will work correctly for a time and then the problem reoccurs. I have seen others on here who have reported similar issue, but have not found a resolution. Can anyone help me? Is this a software issue or a particular component that has failed? First trip to dealer brought no joy.

Since new I have never been able to figure out how to get the radio to play all the songs on my USB drive (94 albums/folders, 1377 songs) sequentially (like my 2011 Silverado does). Turning Shuffle off/on seems to have no effect. Is this possible?

Lately, I have noticed the song entries duplicated under each album and have had problems with the radio jumping from song to song, occasionally playing a few notes of one song and then jumping again. This occurred whether the USB drive was plugged in behind the screen or in the console. The dealer plugged in his iPhone and said it worked properly and suggested I try an SD card. Bought an SD card, set it up with all the same folders and songs and it does work better, but it has not indexed all the songs on each album and has indexed a bunch of songs as being from an unknown album - if I select one of those songs, the album name shows just fine. If I select an album to play, it continually plays that album over and over, regardless of the "shuffle" setting.

Should I insist on a new radio unit (that is the only solution I saw posted for similar problems) or is there another fix?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

VIN 13660

Last edited by autoxnut; 09-15-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: add VIN
Old 09-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Thespian
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Default 2015 C7 3LT - nav doesn't work - red 'X' over GPS Label

I've heard that there are some GPS disruptions as a result of solar flares. Is anyone else experiencing issues with their GPS signal and their Navigation system?

Chevrolet Customer Service is suggesting that I schedule a service appointment. I am hesitant to have a service technician poke around and take things apart only to find out it is not my unit.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:47 AM
Z06_4U2NV
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MSP3304
Issue #1: Cant fuel up, new "capless" fueling system keeps making the pump shut off. Spoke with a Chevy engineer while at Corvette's at Carlisle down in PA. He advised that he also had problems with his C7 and told me to have my dealership call TAC service for a temporary fix. He stated that a recall should be out shortly.
I turn the nozzle upside down if the pump keeps on shutting off. I believe I found this trick out on this forum. It works for me.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Can you produce a photo ???
Originally Posted by WTFvette
The passenger side dash airbag tag is upside down when viewed from the passenger seat. Other C7's have it right side up.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:35 PM
Bee attack
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by c7stingray
Crystal red z51 3lt 620 miles

So I'm taking my c7 in tomorrow as the brakes squeal at low speeds when barely applying the brakes (15mph-0) I thought maybe brake dust or new brakes but this sounds like a bus. And worst it doesn't do it every single time so gonna have to recreate it for the dealer. Does it 8/10 times tho so shouldn't b a problem. Read around that it's common with ceramic brakes but def not acceptable on a 70k car. Will keep updated on solutions. Wish me luck!
I have the same thing. slow speeds as you are coming to a light. Loud sequel , Same color and 3LT. Maybe it's related to the paint job....lolol Have you corrected the problem? I only have 1200 miles.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:36 PM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06_4U2NV
I turn the nozzle upside down if the pump keeps on shutting off. I believe I found this trick out on this forum. It works for me.
Ditto... I have to do this every time I fill up at the pumps. My C6 was pretty much the same way.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:13 AM
JRBoca
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2015 VIN #1376 Z51 WHT w/ Red
One week old and rough idle cold or warm. Set at 700 RPMs.
Also, reaview camera doesn't always switch off when moving from reverese to drive.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:02 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JRBoca
2015 VIN #1376 Z51 WHT w/ Red
One week old and rough idle cold or warm. Set at 700 RPMs.
Also, reaview camera doesn't always switch off when moving from reverese to drive.
there is a thread on here about normal things the c7 does and they say
this is is all normal but both of mine did the same thing . the camara i can understand but that idle sucks .
also another thread on a car on a road trip with bad s.p. wire and one with an injector pin gone on the conect. but know one said how the cars idled before .
Old 09-19-2014, 01:14 PM
JRBoca
Cruising

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
there is a thread on here about normal things the c7 does and they say
this is is all normal but both of mine did the same thing . the camara i can understand but that idle sucks .
also another thread on a car on a road trip with bad s.p. wire and one with an injector pin gone on the conect. but know one said how the cars idled before .
Hey, thanks!
I can live with but I don't remembr my 2007 C06 having the same idle issue. Headed to the dealer next to have them chekc the parking brake cable issue so they can check the idle and camera too.
Almosr forgot...........I DO love this car!

Last edited by JRBoca; 09-19-2014 at 01:15 PM. Reason: forgot one thing.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:11 PM
jacsa22
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bee attack
I have the same thing. slow speeds as you are coming to a light. Loud sequel , Same color and 3LT. Maybe it's related to the paint job....lolol Have you corrected the problem? I only have 1200 miles.
Maybe this advise will help. Make sure you take a quick cruse right after you wash the car and the rotors get wet. I have 7500 miles on mine and rarely I will get squeal during a slow pace stop but it definitely was more predominant when I was washing the car and letting it sit.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:20 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,603 Likes on 6,616 Posts

Originally Posted by jacsa22
Maybe this advise will help. Make sure you take a quick cruse right after you wash the car and the rotors get wet. I have 7500 miles on mine and rarely I will get squeal during a slow pace stop but it definitely was more predominant when I was washing the car and letting it sit.
Have had my 2014 since last October. Had a low speed squeal occationally, for perhaps a month. It is very loud so understand the concern. As soon as I had enough miles, I hit the brakes hard several times it stopped. Worked for a while, then came back. Just hit the brakes hard again from about 60 and have not had a squeal again. The pads have to transfer some material onto the rotors, that takes some time or you have to perform a brake-in procedure, which is pretty elaborate.
Some have brought it to the dealer who may put on some lube, which lasts for a while then the squeal is back again. They have it repeated. Finally goes away! Like a doctor giving a placebo, time will solve it!

Last edited by JerryU; 09-19-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:42 PM
ddejesus82
1st Gear

2014 Silver Corvette Stingray Convertible
Vin# 9984
Miles: 3300

Purchased vehicle in Columbus, GA. After a few days, heard a loud knocking noise in the engine on the drivers side. Took the vehicle in and the master technician told me that its normal. Drove from Fort Benning to Fort Hood, then transported vehicle to Fort Lewis. Decided to take the vehicle to Tacoma dealership to get a second opinion. The knocking noise was getting louder and embarrassing.

Tech said that the only problem was that the engine was missing 2 qtrz of oil. The master tech asked to turn the car on and he said that the noise that the engine is making is not normal.

Problems:

Loud knocking noise from engine on drivers side
Vibrating noise underneath driver seat
Exhaust making a loud "boom" depending on acceleration (blow off valve)
rattling noise on passenger back tire
AC does not get cold even in 66 degree weather. It kicks on when ever it wants.

The dealership has been great. Provided a brand new car to me as a rental. Car has been with them for 2 weeks so far and will be there for another 2 to 3 more.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:11 PM
chlng
7th Gear

Default Headlight out at 50 miles

Z51
driver side headlight went out with 50 miles on it and still has dealer tag on it.
man, i'm depressed
Old 09-22-2014, 04:53 AM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Infotainment system... 3rd time

Infotainment screen is turning off as compartment closes (rises) and turning on as it opens (lowers)

This is the third time I am having this replaced

First time, screen would not turn on at all (Service tech claimed it was the "Logic Chip"

Second time is same issue as I am having now (Service tech claimed it was the Display screen)

This time they are saying it is something called the "Human Interface Module"

I got to sit for 3 hours whilst the service department confirmed that I was indeed correct, the screen is not working as designed.

They put in an order for a new part almost 2 weeks ago and are still waiting for it to arrive.

I love the car and can deal without the built in NAV and stuff but I cannot change most of the settings for parts of the car and backing up without a camera is a crap shoot

Get notified of new replies

To ** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 09-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Greenkirby21
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I picked up the car, dealership was great and made me check the car thoroughly for any defects. I found that the paint was weird on the front bumper (looked sort of wrinkled). Next to the fuel door, it looked like clear coat or something ran down and left a clear lightning bolt type mark.

Dealership had to repaint the entire front bumper (approved by GM) and had to polish out the other mark (at least for now. When I got the car back the mark was still there, so I had to make an appointment for this Friday).

These type of paint issues shouldn't be happening on a brand new car, considering I had to pay extra for the Laguna Blue Paint!
Old 09-22-2014, 07:53 PM
WTFvette
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Can you produce a photo ???
Old 09-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Hey guys,

As always, we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Please don’t hesitate to PM us with your current concern with your Vette and be sure to reference your original post!

Save the Wave!

Jeff M
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread