** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Jay Farber
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hey guys,

As always, we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Please don’t hesitate to PM us with your current concern with your Vette and be sure to reference your original post!

Save the Wave!

Jeff M
Chevrolet Customer Care
I've gotten 2 recall notices now, one of which is to replace the rear shocks, the other for passenger airbag. It's been over a month since I've tried to get this taken care of and my local dealership still doesn't have the parts. This is some sort of joke right?
Old 09-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Sexybeast
Cruising

Default Brake noise

[There is a section in the owners manual about expected brake noise. But if you think the noise is over and above definitely get it looked at. My 2014 lt2 z51 that squeaks a little too.

UOTE=c7stingray;1585168634]Crystal red z51 3lt 620 miles

So I'm taking my c7 in tomorrow as the brakes squeal at low speeds when barely applying the brakes (15mph-0) I thought maybe brake dust or new brakes but this sounds like a bus. And worst it doesn't do it every single time so gonna have to recreate it for the dealer. Does it 8/10 times tho so shouldn't b a problem. Read around that it's common with ceramic brakes but def not acceptable on a 70k car. Will keep updated on solutions. Wish me luck! [/QUOTE]
Old 09-29-2014, 01:16 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Roof rear latch space between hook and loop !!! Buzzing from rear latch area !!! I pushed button and checked space which looked to be about 3/8 " and today dealer turned hook 2 turns so now space 1/8 " and buzzing went away for the most part !!! Very slight buzz on the very roughest of roads so I'm happy because it looks like space is too small for another revolution !!! Thanks local dealer !!!! Wayne
Old 09-29-2014, 07:23 PM
autoxnut
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by autoxnut
I have a 2LT Z51 I picked up at the museum on 2/10/2014, now with 10,600 miles on it. I was also a first year C6 owner. I have been amazed at the looks, technology and lack of issues with this car.

A couple of months ago, the drivers mirror quit returning to its setting after reversing the car. If I press the manual return button on the door, it will return to my setting. If I manually readjust the mirror or reset my memory feature, it will work correctly for a time and then the problem reoccurs. I have seen others on here who have reported similar issue, but have not found a resolution. Can anyone help me? Is this a software issue or a particular component that has failed? First trip to dealer brought no joy.

Since new I have never been able to figure out how to get the radio to play all the songs on my USB drive (94 albums/folders, 1377 songs) sequentially (like my 2011 Silverado does). Turning Shuffle off/on seems to have no effect. Is this possible?

Lately, I have noticed the song entries duplicated under each album and have had problems with the radio jumping from song to song, occasionally playing a few notes of one song and then jumping again. This occurred whether the USB drive was plugged in behind the screen or in the console. The dealer plugged in his iPhone and said it worked properly and suggested I try an SD card. Bought an SD card, set it up with all the same folders and songs and it does work better, but it has not indexed all the songs on each album and has indexed a bunch of songs as being from an unknown album - if I select one of those songs, the album name shows just fine. If I select an album to play, it continually plays that album over and over, regardless of the "shuffle" setting.

Should I insist on a new radio unit (that is the only solution I saw posted for similar problems) or is there another fix?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

VIN 13660
9/29/2014 update

I took my car into the dealer 9/11. They looked at it for a while, said they did some stuff and that all was well and sent me on my way. Before I got home the drivers mirror had failed to return to the normal setting after being in reverse and the radio continued skipping songs and not working correctly.

The following Monday, I called and asked when I could bring the car in to actually get something fixed. On 9/18, I took the car back to the dealer and left it, where it has been since. Today (9/29), the service manager called and said they had reprogrammed the mirror and all was well and that the USB drive and SD card in my car acted the same in other cars in their lot. I drove my 2011 Silverado to the dealer this afternoon and met with the service manager. I showed him on my Silverado what the name of the first album was and that it had 12 songs in it; I showed him how I could select a file folder view and scroll through all my albums and select an album to see all songs in it; I showed him how I could select a song and it would play that song and then move on to the next song in that album or the first song in the next album as appropriate; I showed him there was no "UNKNOWN" album on the media.

We took that USB drive and got into my Vette. We placed that drive in the car and it started playing a song from several albums deep (not the first song on the drive). The first album did not show up in the index; there was an "UNKNOWN" album which contained a whole bunch of songs with garbage names (contained $ sign and other weird characters) that did not exist on the Silverado. Selecting one of the garbage names, played a song with a known name and album.

We got back in the Silverado and the drive worked perfect. We then tried the USB drive that had been in the Vette and it worked fine in the Silverado.

I then backed up and moved forward in the Vette a number of times, occasionally shutting down and restarting the car. After a number of cycles, while in forward, I reached over to the door and pressed "1" and it returned the mirror to the correct setting, where it should already have been.

The service manager acknowledged the mirror and radio are not working as advertised. I am looking forward to them tracking down what the problem is and fixing it!

If you have experienced similar problems, please post on here or PM me with what solution you found.

10/3/2014 update:

Well so much for having the dealer service manager convinced there is a problem. Today, he called me to come pick up the car and said that they had tried the media in 2 other 2014 Corvettes (none are on their lot) and a 2014 Suburban with the same results (they did not demonstrate this to me). I now have a call in to the Infotainment team at 855-478-7767.

Last edited by autoxnut; 10-03-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: more detail
Old 10-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Bigdog9586
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Even though the owners manual says it plays folders like all other GM cars I have had including my 12 Volt and WIFES 13 Buick LaCrosse the Corvette will not show any file folders. Unless you put all the songs on the drive without them being in folders they won't all get played. Just another Vette screwup.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigdog9586
Even though the owners manual says it plays folders like all other GM cars I have had including my 12 Volt and WIFES 13 Buick LaCrosse the Corvette will not show any file folders. Unless you put all the songs on the drive without them being in folders they won't all get played. Just another Vette screwup.
I had a similar issue with my 2014 Cadillac XTS with the Cue system.

I first created a playlist with all the songs for each folder in a top folder. Then I cut all of the songs from their folders and moved them to the top folder also.

Then I moved the playlists and songs to a USB drive.

Each playlist now represents a folder.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:41 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by rickriada
Torch Red Z51 VIN 2553. Has anyone had any problems with the rear hatch/window being hard to close/seat into the frame? I really have to shove/slam it downwards to get it to completely close. More often than not, I must complete the process by pushing it the rest of the way down into the frame by using one of my hands. Maybe it has to do with the latch adjustment or too much air pressure inside the car when the rear hatch is being closed and the passenger/driver windows are still up? I will bring it up to my dealer today on the way home.
Try leaving one or both of the windows slightly cracked when you close the hatch.This is what they told me to do when I picked mine up at the Museum.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:15 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,624 Likes on 6,628 Posts

Torch Red Z51 VIN 2553. Has anyone had any problems with the rear hatch/window being hard to close/seat into the frame? I really have to shove/slam it downwards to get it to completely close. More often than not, I must complete the process by pushing it the rest of the way down into the frame by using one of my hands. Maybe it has to do with the latch adjustment or too much air pressure inside the car when the rear hatch is being closed and the passenger/driver windows are still up? I will bring it up to my dealer today on the way home.

Originally Posted by 05LemansBLue
Try leaving one or both of the windows slightly cracked when you close the hatch.This is what they told me to do when I picked mine up at the Museum.
For what it's worth. My C7 is one year old this week. Had this issue from new. Some cars, perhaps half will not latch with doors windows closed. Do not push to latch! One large dealer said he had 20% of cars he sold have cracked paint on hatch frame. A poster said during museum delivery they were told not to press on the center of the hatch as there reports of paint cracking! They were told to use two hands on the sides of the glass where the hatch is peaked. The first time I tried and thought I would push it shut, I saw the bottom of the hatch frame bend so did not push it shut and have done that!
I have tried many things including checking to see if the memory wire vent is working-it is (you can watch it thru a big opening behind the licence plate.). I also adjusted the hatch stops to a point where the hatch was misaligned -no help. I've tried high and low force from various heights -no help!
Bottom line, some cars appear to be sealed better than others! For 1 year I and many others just leave a door open then close the hatch. I now stand by the rear of the open drivers door, lightly push on the left corner of the open hatch and it latches fine! It is obvious the memory wire activated vent is not large enough and the open door is needed. Recently had occasion to try again and pulled hard on the GM handhold as directed but as expected it did not latch! No big deal, just have to open the door before closing the hatch. Usually you're getting into or out of the car when using the hatch. If leaving, just leave the door open before closing the hatch and if entering the car, open the door before closing the hatch.
Lots of posts on the subject but you'll find this explanation by a number of C7 owners.

Last edited by JerryU; 10-03-2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:50 AM
y2kvett
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU

For what it's worth. My C7 is one year old this week. Had this issue from new. Some cars, perhaps half will not latch with doors windows closed. Do not push to latch! One large dealer said he had 20% of cars he sold have cracked paint on hatch frame. A poster said during museum delivery they were told not to press on the center of the hatch as there reports of paint cracking! They were told to use two hands on the sides of the glass where the hatch is peaked. The first time I tried and thought I would push it shut, I saw the bottom of the hatch frame bend so did not push it shut and have done that!
I have tried many things including checking to see if the memory wire vent is working-it is (you can watch it thru a big opening behind the licence plate.). I also adjusted the hatch stops to a point where the hatch was misaligned -no help. I've tried high and low force from various heights -no help!
Bottom line, some cars appear to be sealed better than others! For 1 year I and many others just leave a door open then close the hatch. I now stand by the rear of the open drivers door, lightly push on the left corner of the open hatch and it latches fine! It is obvious the memory wire activated vent is not large enough and the open door is needed. Recently had occasion to try again and pulled hard on the GM handhold as directed but as expected it did not latch! No big deal, just have to open the door before closing the hatch. Usually you're getting into or out of the car when using the hatch. If leaving, just leave the door open before closing the hatch and if entering the car, open the door before closing the hatch.
Lots of posts on the subject but you'll find this explanation by a number of C7 owners.
When I took museum delivery Dan told me that if you press on the creases at the bottom of the hatch, that come down beside the rear window you won't take a chance on cracking the hatch.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Thespian
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Default 2015 C7 3LT - nav doesn't work - red 'X' over GPS box - Problem Solved!

Originally Posted by Thespian
I've heard that there are some GPS disruptions as a result of solar flares. Is anyone else experiencing issues with their GPS signal and their Navigation system?

Chevrolet Customer Service is suggesting that I schedule a service appointment. I am hesitant to have a service technician poke around and take things apart only to find out it is not my unit.

Well I am happy to report that the problem is solved!

The Navigation screen is now dead on and fortunately it did not involve taking apart the dashboard... only the rearview mirror and header trim pieces had to come off so they could access the PDR camera. GM sent a replacement camera with a new wire and the engineers recommended rerouting the wire to avoid future crimping and loss of GPS signal. The engineers also told my dealer they have been getting lots of calls on this problem. I would imagine a TSB should be issued on this if it hasn't been already. They actually called the parts department to see if they needed the camera showing in their inventory this week... mine!

Hopefully they have addressed it for cars now being produced but those with early 2015s may have to replace the camera (if the wire is crimped) and reroute the wire.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:10 PM
autoxnut
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
I had a similar issue with my 2014 Cadillac XTS with the Cue system.

I first created a playlist with all the songs for each folder in a top folder. Then I cut all of the songs from their folders and moved them to the top folder also.

Then I moved the playlists and songs to a USB drive.

Each playlist now represents a folder.
What software did you use to create your playlists? What sampling rate are your .mp3 files recorded at (320 kbps) or are you using some other format?
Old 10-03-2014, 09:50 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by OddJob1971
Yours is doing things very similar to what mine was doing. My dealership said the owners car was also doing it. Sounds to me like Chevy has an issue from the supplier of these units and needs to get them addressed ASAP. I've heard of 5 different people now with the same types of issues with the center control unit.
Issue: Navigation/center control screen went black today then later can back on but was scrolling non-stop!!!Even when backing up, the screen was scrolling what the camera was showing and doing it so fat you couldn't see what was behind u while backing up!

My navigation screen went totally black today and then screen started jumping and scrolling all over the place. I cut the radio off and stopped my car and restarted the engine several times. Took video and still pictures of this problem occurring in my car. I have a C7 3 LT coupe vin 1315 with only 3214 miles on my car. Navigation started working properly again later today to only started scrolling and going totally black again.Very frustrating as this appears to have occurred a year ago and this is still happening to other C 7's a year later!! I have an appointment scheduled a week from today at a local Chevrolet dealership as I will be out of town working until then.Told it might take some time to check out my car next week so I am not happy about that because it apparently has occurred several ( maybe now numerous times) and think there should be some sort of GM bulletin on this matter.

Last edited by AttyVette; 10-03-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:38 AM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,515 Likes on 2,319 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Two separate rattles have developed in my dash area. Are there any known dash rattle fixes?
Old 10-04-2014, 12:36 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Rattles I wish I had rattles those can be found and repaired.

How about a miss when you step down for power in higher gears it acts like you lost a plug or a plug wires.

I'm starting to think I made a bad move going from a great running c6 ls3 to this car.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:36 AM
TweetyPacer
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Radio / iPod Issues Also

2015 Z51, 3LT Coupe
I use the USB behind the screen for my iPod. Safe place to put it. Upon starting the car, Infotainment doesn't start iPod. It says "iPod" but name is "Tweety's iPod" and it doesn't play. I unplug it, check to make certain it's charged, plug it back in and then it says "Tweety's iPod" and will start to play. I have find the playlist all over and restart it.

Second issue, it will play song, artwork on screen. When it moves to next song in queue, artwork, Song title and artist don't change.

Originally Posted by OddJob1971
Vin #2256
Z51, AW, NPP, MSRC, 7-Speed, 1LT group

Issue: Radio would randomly change channels. Radio would also not read my iPod from any USB port. When the iPod did read, it would skip thru the songs or the song playing. Also, AC would randomly come on by itself and change settings. The temp reading and level readings would also randomly disappear. Dealer spoke with Chevy engineering and discovered one of the controller modules was dead. Part was shipped from BG to dealer. No eta on arrival. Car has been at the dealer with half the dash torn a part since Thursday.

Original Problem 10/10: Car taken to dealer. After several attempts to identify problem, tech spoke with Chevy engineering. Problem identified as defect control module for A/C and Radio. Entire driver side and center console removed from car. No dealer has stock so part being shipped from BG plant.

Update 10/14: Apparently Chevy is in NO hurry to help me get my one week old car back on the road. Part identified as bad on 10/10. Still no ETA on when part will arrive. Hey Chevy, it's called overnight shipping!!

Update 10/15: Just spoke with dealer service dept. Part arrived. Did not fix the issue. Chevy is flying in an engineer who may be here by Thursday to try and figure out what the problem is. Oh and after he figures it out, I still have to wait for a freaking part to be shipped again from BG. I've owned the car for 12 days, been in in the service dept. for the last 5 of those 12 days.

Update 10/16: Just spoke with dealer service dept. Three engineers from Chevy showed up this morning to try and figure out what the issues are with my car. Should have an update later today.

Follow-up: Dealer just called and said engineers bypassed the radio and got everything to work. Appears the central control unit controls not just radio, nav, etc, but also the AC. New one being overnighted from BG and I should have my car back by end of day tom.

Update 10/17: No show on the part. Apparently issue was identified by 11am yesterday but no one ordered the damn part until 3, after the cut off for overnight shipping. Part MIGHT be here tom. Going on 8 days now at the dealership... I've owned the car for 14 days, been in the service shop for 8.... GM...UTTER FAILURE!!

Update 10/18: Radio unit replaced. All is well in the world
Old 10-05-2014, 11:54 AM
TweetyPacer
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Default 2015 C7 with 8 Speed Automatic - Jerks

Z51
I picked up my car 1 week and 2 days ago. It seemed fine the first few days. Then transmission started popping the clutch in the 1-2 shift, strongly jerking the car. Friday, 10/3/2015, Dealer handed me GM Document 3966488, "Information on Transmission Adaptive Functions".

Basically, they tell you to use M and shift to 7th while keeping engine speed between 1000-1750 RPM. Repeat up to 10 times.

Of course, you still have to go through the dreaded 1-2 jerk and it doesn't seem to be improving.

Anyone else have this problem and has it cleared up?
Old 10-05-2014, 12:42 PM
stol1249
Cruising

Default Brake squeal

Originally Posted by c7stingray
Crystal red z51 3lt 620 miles

So I'm taking my c7 in tomorrow as the brakes squeal at low speeds when barely applying the brakes (15mph-0) I thought maybe brake dust or new brakes but this sounds like a bus. And worst it doesn't do it every single time so gonna have to recreate it for the dealer. Does it 8/10 times tho so shouldn't b a problem. Read around that it's common with ceramic brakes but def not acceptable on a 70k car. Will keep updated on solutions. Wish me luck!
If it makes you feel any better, My former Mercedes 550 SL and wife's S600 both squealed (especially in reverse backing out of the garage). Benz considered this not an urgent issue, since brakes had plenty of meat. These are 100K+ cars.

Get notified of new replies

To ** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AttyVette
Issue: Navigation/center control screen went black today then later can back on but was scrolling non-stop!!!Even when backing up, the screen was scrolling what the camera was showing and doing it so fat you couldn't see what was behind u while backing up!

My navigation screen went totally black today and then screen started jumping and scrolling all over the place. I cut the radio off and stopped my car and restarted the engine several times. Took video and still pictures of this problem occurring in my car. I have a C7 3 LT coupe vin 1315 with only 3214 miles on my car. Navigation started working properly again later today to only started scrolling and going totally black again.Very frustrating as this appears to have occurred a year ago and this is still happening to other C 7's a year later!! I have an appointment scheduled a week from today at a local Chevrolet dealership as I will be out of town working until then.Told it might take some time to check out my car next week so I am not happy about that because it apparently has occurred several ( maybe now numerous times) and think there should be some sort of GM bulletin on this matter.
I had the EXACT same problem occur this weekend. Screen starting wigging out, then went completely black. The Screen button to drop it down doesn't work when the screen is out. 2 hours later upon restart everything worked fine, 10 minutes later it went wiggy and black again after a few minutes of driving. I have a 2014 Z51 VIN# around 5,000. Received it last October (1 year ago) have 5,000 miles on it. Its in the shop now.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:06 PM
pgreen1959
Advanced

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
I had the EXACT same problem occur this weekend. Screen starting wigging out, then went completely black. The Screen button to drop it down doesn't work when the screen is out. 2 hours later upon restart everything worked fine, 10 minutes later it went wiggy and black again after a few minutes of driving. I have a 2014 Z51 VIN# around 5,000. Received it last October (1 year ago) have 5,000 miles on it. Its in the shop now.

I had something very similar happen at about 800 miles. Radio was very slow to respond. Sirius quit working and Nav screen was slow to respond. My dealing applied a patch to the programming which has helped. However, backup screen is very slow to transition to radio screen.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by pgreen1959
I had something very similar happen at about 800 miles. Radio was very slow to respond. Sirius quit working and Nav screen was slow to respond. My dealing applied a patch to the programming which has helped. However, backup screen is very slow to transition to radio screen.
My dealer just called me. They are replacing the complete infotainment unit / radio / nav. Kudos to Carfagno Chevy and Joe Burns. They will have the whole unit shipped and installed in a 36 hour turnaround. Pretty impressive.