Sponsored by:

** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 11:37 PM
barryh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
This is by design so you can see the rear bumper and can even get REALLY close when doing parking maneuvers.
I rented an Equinox SUV recently. It had a rearview camera but did not show the license plate. I had no way to judge where the bumper was in relation to the area behind the vehicle. The Corvette's camera is infinitely more useful.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Sexybeast
Cruising

Default Dead battery

Had the car, new off the showroom floor, four days and the battery discharged. Maita chevy tested the battery, found it to be defective and replaced it. Also,the theft deterant light came on and stayed on when driving and the voltage swung from 11 to 16 volts when driving. New
battery seems to have solved all the problems.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:12 AM
914eener
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2014 May production. My daily driver with 5k miles. Started it last week and the infotainment screen was dead along with the displays in the temp and fan dials. Volume/mute button did nothing as did the control buttons below the screen. The steering wheel controls still cycled through the favorites and controlled the volume as normal. Drove a mile or so and restarted the car and had the same result. Dead for two days and then on the 3rd day it came back on when the car was started to drive to work and has been functioning normally.

Shot video of the system while it was dead and emailed it to the service mgr at my dealership. He had to contact Chevy who told him the infotainment system control module was bad. They have a control module on order that should come is sometime this week. Interesting that he told me this module is now coming directly from a new vendor for the part.

Does the dash have to come completely out to install a new infotainment system contol module? Of course the dealer has never replaced this control module before and I'm really concerned about my car being their tech's "learning experience". I know Chevy has had a lot of issues with this but what have others experiences been with this repair?

Last edited by 914eener; 10-19-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-19-2014, 02:19 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by dbisc
I get a "funny" feeling in the wheel when I make a tight turn going very slowly (less than 5 mph) - it "feels" like it is coming from the rear. Seems smooth when going over 10MPH -

Any thoughts?
If that is occurring when you make a tight, slow speed turn it could be what GM refers to as “tire chatter.”
It is much worse than my Z51 C6. When it gets below about 45 degrees out and when making a turn near full lock, as when leaving a parking space, the chatter can be very sever. Makes you think the car is falling apart! Can feel like it’s coming from the rear, which is what I first thought. Hard to tell where it is coming from! After a year I have observed a number of reasons from folks inputting on the forum, like it goes away with all-season tires. I believe the two major items are the tires, especially those on the Z51 and the fact that the C7 has a 2 foot tighter turning radius than the C6. Some say it is poorly designed Ackerman steering but the first two items mentioned appear to be the major cause: Wrote this last winter when it was a hot button on the forum, describes all the issues and a simple solution, don’t turn as tight when it’s cold:
http://netwelding.com/Wheel_Chatter.pdf
As it gets colder expect a number of posts from new owners! In fact felt it slightly on a cool moring this week, first time since last winter!

Last edited by JerryU; 10-19-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:50 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dbisc
I get a "funny" feeling in the wheel when I make a tight turn going very slowly (less than 5 mph) - it "feels" like it is coming from the rear. Seems smooth when going over 10MPH -

Any thoughts?
on my c5 way back when,,myself and others were feeling what you are tallking about,kind of a rubbing and it turns out gm had to add something to the rear end . it was some type of oil or ad. never had that prob. with any of my other vettes you may go to the c5 sec. and ck. to see if it might be the same or it could just be the old tire hop. ......the way gm is anything is pos.
best of luck .............

Last edited by lastcowboy; 10-19-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Night_Racer
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Tried the Performance Data Recorder today on our 2015 Z51 3LT and the screen message showed "PDR, No SD card inserted". So I tried two SD cards with the same result. The vehicle was stationary in the Park position but running. Is this a software problem or a hardware issue?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:38 PM
Night_Racer
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Default PDR not functioning

Tried the Performance Data Recorder today on our 2015 Z51 3LT and the screen message showed "PDR, No SD card inserted". So I tried two SD cards with the same result. The vehicle was stationary in...
Old 10-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Thespian
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rrumfield@mac.com
Tried the Performance Data Recorder today on our 2015 Z51 3LT and the screen message showed "PDR, No SD card inserted". So I tried two SD cards with the same result. The vehicle was stationary in...
I hate to admit it but I had a similar experience. By chance, were you inserting the SD card in the reader in the center console? After a few days of familiarizing myself with the car, I realized that there is another SD card reader in the glove box for the PDR.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:47 AM
Night_Racer
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Thespian
I hate to admit it but I had a similar experience. By chance, were you inserting the SD card in the reader in the center console? After a few days of familiarizing myself with the car, I realized that there is another SD card reader in the glove box for the PDR.
Oops, I guess I read the manual a little to quickly, assuming the SD card reader was the one in the center cconsole. Thanks for the reply. I'm only into week two with the car, still learning.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:53 AM
TweetyPacer
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TweetyPacer
Z51
I picked up my car 1 week and 2 days ago. It seemed fine the first few days. Then transmission started popping the clutch in the 1-2 shift, strongly jerking the car. Friday, 10/3/2015, Dealer handed me GM Document 3966488, "Information on Transmission Adaptive Functions".

Basically, they tell you to use M and shift to 7th while keeping engine speed between 1000-1750 RPM. Repeat up to 10 times.

Of course, you still have to go through the dreaded 1-2 jerk and it doesn't seem to be improving.

Anyone else have this problem and has it cleared up?
Following the document worked. I followed it on somewhat longer trips - 10-12 miles - a couple of times and the 1-2 shift problem went away.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:54 AM
TweetyPacer
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rrumfield@mac.com
Tried the Performance Data Recorder today on our 2015 Z51 3LT and the screen message showed "PDR, No SD card inserted". So I tried two SD cards with the same result. The vehicle was stationary in the Park position but running. Is this a software problem or a hardware issue?

Has to be 32GB or smaller card. I originally put in a 64GB then did some searching when it would not work.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Jedi-Jurist
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 72 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by sabatage69
2015 Stingray, just picked it up 2 days ago. I noticed today, when I would switch to example form Sport Mode, then to Track Mode ( I know not recommended for Street) just to see the difference in steering and exhaust the car when I went to go back to Sport Mode or any Mode, automatically skips all and goes to Weather Mode. Once in Weather Mode, I try to switch and skips all and goes back to Track Mode. I am hoping it is something I do not know, or is this a glitch? Any help would be appreciated. I am also turning the **** slow and waiting for it to engage before I switch out of it. Help please, while I will not be driving in track mode, I do not want something that is not working properly. Thank you!

Also it does it does sometimes work normal, there does not seem to be a rhyme or reason. Closest thing I could do is when I take off traction control and go to Track , then switch back, always seems to go back to Weather mode.
If you are in track (furthest to the right) and you move the switch right again, it is just skipping to the first position (weather). Same happens if you're in weather (furthest left) and you move the dial left again, it loops back to the furthest right position (track).
Old 10-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Prodago
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WingCon
So I'm currently on the trip home from the museum delivery to the Tacoma, WA area.
I set the cruise control to 9mph over the speed limit. I get pulled over. The cop did an instant on with his radars gun so detector was too late. In the middle of nowhere in Wyoming.

I'm courteous to the officer. I put my hands up to show him I'm not armed and pass him the papers when he comes to the window. He goes back to his car, comes back and writes me a ticket for 10mph over. I kid you not. And this is when I have pick up trucks passing by me all day long going at least 20 over the limit.

I'm not proud of this, and I know I'm going to get flamed by a lot of you for this, but I totally lose my cool. I curse at him and ask him if he feels good about "teaching me a lesson for being a rich snob in a nice car." I tell him all he had to do was wait 5 minutes and someone would come screaming by at 90mph plus, but you have to go after someone in a nice car don't you. He starts to say something and I ask him pointedly if I'm being detained- yes or no. He finally says no so I put the car in gear and pull away leaving him standing there.

I'm REALLY not proud of this, but this was a simple case of mean spirited spite. Sorry if I've put Vettes in a bad light for you all, but I just couldn't help it.

So on a different subject, this car is a rolling computer. Nav display, DIC connection with my itnues playlists on my phone, oil change % after a mid trip oil change in Bozeman, and other stuff all stop working, and then start working again by turning the car off then back on again.
PLEASE GM! Really??
how often do you think my yellow one gets pulled over? here in TX, the cops have gone on a super tactical offensive. HIding in bushes whit laser gun then jumping out in front of a moving vehicle and wave you over. no lie. I asked the superman....er I mean the officer if he was aware of how dangerous his actions were just to give me a ticket? he regurgitated whatever crap they are taught or have learned to treat us criminals. all the while I'm thinking, what if I would have hit you, injured or dead, then taxpayers would have to pay you even more. Sorry but I've been profiled for DWV "driving with vette" so many times.... I know that there has to be some good ones out there, but they ones I've know, even friends of mine have beaten people while four officers had knees in the persons back. ooppss got off the subject.
somewhere on here there was mention of the car stalling for a split second when you floor it. if you have it in sport or track mode and tc off ive found that it doesn't do this. so that means the rear tires are spinning just a tad??? if so, then why doesn't the "loose traction light" come on??

Last edited by Prodago; 10-20-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-21-2014, 09:57 PM
ebbiv
8th Gear

Default Same Problem

I have a 2014 Z51 with 7 Speed. 2000 miles on car and dealer has already dismantled nearly the whole car. first it sucks oil in the intake from the dry sump vent line, said was no fix for it, and GM recomendation is cleaning the intake parts and installing new filters. I know this can be fixed with aftermarket catch can, but why should i, when i spent nearly 70K on this pig.

Next clutch chattered, so took them two weeks to approve new clutch assembly and flywheel. In addition the car shakes badly at idle. Mechanic states 1/4" of crankshaft endplay??? are you kidding?? motor is going to self destruct for sure with that much movement. GM claims its normal, and should engine blow they will warranty a new one. Really?? and now they car apart again checking motor mounts, stating that may be the vibration issue. Car has been out of service for 22 consecutive days so far. Once it hits 30 lemon time.

Anyone have any dealer contacts for engines replaced? or anything I can use for more ammo come lemon law time?

Thanks,

Ed
Old 10-22-2014, 07:37 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

2015 Navigation with Red X

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...gps-box-4.html

Looks like a lot of people are having this issue. Looks like GM has NO CLUE what the correct fix is. Please chime in.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
2015 Navigation with Red X

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...gps-box-4.html

Looks like a lot of people are having this issue. Looks like GM has NO CLUE what the correct fix is. Please chime in.
2015 Z51 3LT
VIN # 7437

Having major issues with the GPS signal dropping while driving. This happens consistently in wide open clear areas without any obstructions.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:33 AM
ebbiv
8th Gear

Default C7 Nighmare Update

Update, dealer calls this morning says car is done. Told me engine vibration is now being caused by using wrong gasoline. Factory actually had dealer put in writing that the car needs to run on Premium Fuel (obviously I do), but in addition they said Gas should be from Costco only, as theirs has the most detergent in it. LOL they have to be kidding right?

Unbelievable.

Get notified of new replies

To ** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 10-22-2014, 09:35 AM
ebbiv
8th Gear

Oh also stated the 1/4" of crankshaft endplay is normal for that engine. I'm driving a hand grenade with a timer on it, when it blows nobody knows, lol
Old 10-23-2014, 05:22 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,574 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Default An Interesting Observation

I will probably get "flamed" for this, but here goes.

From what I have been reading here on the forum, the first half of the MY14 cars were fraught with problems that for the most part cleared up with the late MY14 cars, with far fewer issues reported.

Now the early MY 15 cars are apparently loaded with a whole bunch of new and different problems. Have they really changed that much of the engineering & hardware?

Are there some systems in the MY15 cars in which they should have left things pretty much alone??
Old 10-23-2014, 11:11 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by LIE2ME
I will probably get "flamed" for this, but here goes.

From what I have been reading here on the forum, the first half of the MY14 cars were fraught with problems that for the most part cleared up with the late MY14 cars, with far fewer issues reported.

Now the early MY 15 cars are apparently loaded with a whole bunch of new and different problems. Have they really changed that much of the engineering & hardware?

Are there some systems in the MY15 cars in which they should have left things pretty much alone??
Don't know that this is a fair assessment. My C7 built in mid-September 2013 and many other early C7's have had no or few problems! I did have a check for rear end fluid level per GM request, it was fine. Had a software update that fixed dash lights and a few other undates but that is the only time it was at a dealer!
As it's cooling off again I'm sure we'll hear about what GM calls "chatter" in the owner's manual. (Felt some this week as I pulled out of my garage and it is just getting to 55 F.) When it's below 45 degrees and you turn full lock the car feels like it's falling apart! That was an early complaint, for example because we didn't understand that these super grip tires don’t like full lock, slow speed tunes when cold. Some blamed Ackerman settings but after reading many forum posts and my observation it’s the tires (goes away with all seasons) and the fact that the C7 has a 2 foot tighter tuning radius of the C6. Solution, don’t turn as tight when backing out of a parking slot and the tires are cold!
Same with the rear hatch, lots of comments and complaints. I still must to have the door open before I close the hatch. Haven’t heard enough ’15 say that is fixed, but like the tires -no big deal. See the seat recall hasn’t changed and the software workaround developed is only modestly better (in my opinion.) My workaround, learn to use two hands simultaneously-works fine!
Overfilled oil level in Z51’s has been a concern with oil in the intake, not sure if you or the dealer overfills, this is still not an issue. Have to follow the owners manual exactly with a Z51 when checking oil level.
Bottom Line, early on we were learning about the car so you may have read more but many issues were our own lack of understanding, in my opinion!

Last edited by JerryU; 10-23-2014 at 11:19 PM.