** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:09 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by KNDVETT
Had the exact same problem myself. A forum member helped when he posted to simply allow the hatch to gently come down, rest on the latch and with the plam of your hand gently push down and my hatch now closes each and every time. If you try to close with the doors and windows closed there is no place for the air to go (design issue). The gentle push works every time...good luck and hopefully it will work for you as well.
Glad your hatch latches with little effort. Each car appears to be different. When I first tried to push on the center of the hatch to latch it, I noticed it was bending. Decided not to latch it that way. A person doing Museum pick-up posted that they were told NOT TO PUSH in the center; that there were reports of paint cracking. Someone recently posted that their large volume Vette dealer mentioned they had about 15 to 20% of the cars sold report paint cracking from pushing on the center of the hatch. The Museum folks recommended pushing with two hands on the edges of the hatch where it is peaked.
In addition to adjusting my hatch stops until the hatch was misallied in both directions with no help, I also tried lubricating the latch - also no help. Believe I’ll continue to keep a door open, especially now that I can essentially allow the hatch to drop and latch with my right hand from the right side of the car and can then close the driver’s door with my left!

Last edited by JerryU; 08-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:57 PM
copjsd
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Voice recognition on MyLink improved!

I've experienced all of the frustrating issues described elsewhere regarding the voice recognition. Then my Chevy dealer enlightened me.

Anytime your climate control is running the fan at a higher speed, there is a frequency developed that is inaudible to the human ear however it masks most peoples' voice frequency of speech.

Now, before initiating any voice command, I manually turn the fan speed down and the voice recognition works great! Once the call is initiated, I restore the fan by touching Autoclimate.

If Chevrolet is reading this, they need to program the voice recognition button to temporarily decrease the fan speed during the call initiation phase. The fan should then promptly be returned to its normal function (not remained suppressed as the entertainment system does).
Old 08-26-2014, 04:11 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by copjsd
I've experienced all of the frustrating issues described elsewhere regarding the voice recognition. Then my Chevy dealer enlightened me.

Anytime your climate control is running the fan at a higher speed, there is a frequency developed that is inaudible to the human ear however it masks most peoples' voice frequency of speech.

Now, before initiating any voice command, I manually turn the fan speed down and the voice recognition works great! Once the call is initiated, I restore the fan by touching Autoclimate.

If Chevrolet is reading this, they need to program the voice recognition button to temporarily decrease the fan speed during the call initiation phase. The fan should then promptly be returned to its normal function (not remained suppressed as the entertainment system does).
Great suggestion! Think GM should just filter out anything above voice frequencies.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

1.well the car has a whole 273mi,s on it and all the fit and fnish is starttihg to move and come apart. serv.says well they will do that its normal , but if you want we can let one of our monkeys take it a 100 miles to our body shop and tear the hell out of it and try to put it back together
2.seats are startting to shake on the tracks .serv. well thats norm
3.all the cheap plastic inside shaking.serv. well thats how thier made
4.the duel mode comes on and off when it wants when set to always on.ser. scratch head
5.have a noise from the center of dash windshild sounds like a small outboard motor. serv. thats norm , fuel pump noise
6.of corse the trunk , you have to leave the door open to shut .serv. well whatever works.
7.and whatever FOOL thought of this 4-8 cil. in a vette is nuts ..i feel like i'm on a bucking bronk everytime it changes.. serv. normal.
8. forgot to add 93mi the car wouldn't start
''i could go on but this peace of crap is not worth anymore of my time''

this has to be the worst vette chevy has made and ive owned them starting 1963 a new one every yr. and for those that say '''oh oh i just love this car 1. they have never owned a vette before 2. they don't wan't to admit what a fool they were for buying it .
i could have bought a KIA and been better off . this peace of crap will be gone as soon as i can find 'another'' sucker out there.
should have went with the aud. A8 like i wanted

Last edited by lastcowboy; 08-26-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:37 PM
pittperson
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
1.well the car has a whole 273mi,s on it and all the fit and fnish is starttihg to move and come apart. serv.says well they will do that its normal , but if you want we can let one of our monkeys take it a 100 miles to our body shop and tear the hell out of it and try to put it back together
2.seats are startting to shake on the tracks .serv. well thats norm
3.all the cheap plastic inside shaking.serv. well thats how thier made
4.the duel mode comes on and off when it wants when set to always on.ser. scratch head
5.have a noise from the center of dash windshild sounds like a small outboard motor. serv. thats norm , fuel pump noise
6.of corse the trunk , you have to leave the door open to shut .serv. well what ever works.
7.and whatever FOOL thought of this 4-8 cil. in a vette is nuts ..i feel like i'm on a bucking bronk everytime it changes.. serv. normal.
8. forgot to add 93mi the car wouldn't start
''i could go on but this peace of crap not worth anymore of my time''

this has to be the worst vette chevy has made and ive owned them starting 1963 a new one every yr. and for those that say '''oh oh i just love this car 1. they have never owned a vette before 2. they don't wan't to admit what a fool they were for buying it .
i could have bought a KIA and been better off . this peace of crap will be gone as soon as i can find 'another'' sucker out there.
should have went with the aud. A8 like i wanted
Based on your username, I would have guessed you would like the bucking bronco edition.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,068 Likes on 592 Posts

If the guy( LastCowboy) can't spell or express himself in civilized terms or in plain English, why would anyone consider any thing he says to be true?? He's a freaking TROLL !!! I wouldn't give this guy the time of day!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:51 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
If the guy( LastCowboy) can't spell or express himself in civilized terms or in plain English, why would anyone consider any thing he says to be true?? He's a freaking TROLL !!! I wouldn't give this guy the time of day!
you would be the last person i ask fro the time of day, prob. don't have the money for a watch i reported the issues and my resolutions AS THE POST SAYS and it would seem your the one thats being the troll , you can read ?..... now you have a real real nice day
in your vette and hope you love it ...and be lucky your not one of the people on this thread posting thier probs....... be sure to wave when your down in palm beach if they let you in. TROLL

by the way anything is one word ,,,,,,,happy happy day AND EVEN AT YOUR AGE 69 ''KARMA
IS A BITCH ......cheers

Last edited by lastcowboy; 09-05-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:53 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pittperson
Based on your username, I would have guessed you would like the bucking bronco edition.
yep feel right at home ,,,,

but before the trolls jumped in i was going to list the pos. things i found.
nice sound system
seats small but comfortable
braking good
and the new style i like
and ofcorse all the new bells and whistles that unlike some others are stll working ok .

Last edited by lastcowboy; 08-26-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Stephen Nelson
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Problems

I have 2014 Z51 3LT Manual
1. My engine doesn't seem to accelerate smoothly under very light
acceleration. Mainly when it is cold but it happens less severely
when warm.
2. The rev matching sets the engine to the wrong speed when shifting
from 1st to 2nd.
I know it isn't supposed to operate below 20MPH and that would be OK
My problem is that it does operate but picks the wrong RPM
I have a number of occasional problems.
3. The memory seat but used to work about 80% of the time before the engine is started. Now it's maybe 20%.
4. The hill assist doesn't always work. I can't rely on it.
5. The backup camera sometimes won't work until the infotainment system turns on.
6. When the driver door is opened. The gas cover lock sometimes
cycles many times. This doesn't hurt anything but it can't be normal.
I have had it checked for items 3 and 4. They couldn't reproduce it.
I will have it checked for everything next week.
I'll let you know the outcome.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Stephen Nelson
I have 2014 Z51 3LT Manual
1. My engine doesn't seem to accelerate smoothly under very light
acceleration. Mainly when it is cold but it happens less severely
when warm.
2. The rev matching sets the engine to the wrong speed when shifting
from 1st to 2nd.
I know it isn't supposed to operate below 20MPH and that would be OK
My problem is that it does operate but picks the wrong RPM
I have a number of occasional problems.
3. The memory seat but used to work about 80% of the time before the engine is started. Now it's maybe 20%.
4. The hill assist doesn't always work. I can't rely on it.
5. The backup camera sometimes won't work until the infotainment system turns on.
6. When the driver door is opened. The gas cover lock sometimes
cycles many times. This doesn't hurt anything but it can't be normal.
I have had it checked for items 3 and 4. They couldn't reproduce it.
I will have it checked for everything next week.
I'll let you know the outcome.
have had the same prob. with the gas door and what i found out was if i let go of the handle as soon as i hear the first click it dosent cycle.hope maybe this will help.solve one prob.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Stephen Nelson
Heel & Toe

Default Gas door

have had the same prob. with the gas door and what i found out was if i let go of the handle as soon as i hear the first click it dosent cycle.hope maybe this will help.solve one prob.
It will happen even if I am no longer touching the door at all.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:23 PM
MOE MILLS
8th Gear

Is anyone else having a major problem with the GPS voice recgonition? Spent a couple of hours today at the dealers. We have tried four different voices, and the addresses that come up are not even close to what we are saying...makes no difference car moving, standing still, A/C off or on..car was delivered eight days ago and voice has not ever worked.

Last edited by MOE MILLS; 08-27-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: wrong word used
Old 08-28-2014, 02:17 PM
KNDVETT
Instructor

Originally Posted by JerryU
Glad your hatch latches with little effort. Each car appears to be different. When I first tried to push on the center of the hatch to latch it, I noticed it was bending. Decided not to latch it that way. A person doing Museum pick-up posted that they were told NOT TO PUSH in the center; that there were reports of paint cracking. Someone recently posted that their large volume Vette dealer mentioned they had about 15 to 20% of the cars sold report paint cracking from pushing on the center of the hatch. The Museum folks recommended pushing with two hands on the edges of the hatch where it is peaked.
In addition to adjusting my hatch stops until the hatch was misallied in both directions with no help, I also tried lubricating the latch - also no help. Believe I’ll continue to keep a door open, especially now that I can essentially allow the hatch to drop and latch with my right hand from the right side of the car and can then close the driver’s door with my left!

They say you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the advice and since reading your reply, I have been using two hands with no issue. Also glad to say, no cracking as of yet.
Thanks again!!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:55 PM
jkirsc1
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Leather seats

My 2LT black leather seats look like they're delaminating. It seems like both driver and passenger seat leather is becoming separated from it's backing and starting to wrinkle/crease/peel all over the inserts. 13000 VIN, built in January.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:32 AM
sgee.1
6th Gear

Originally Posted by lancekl
Just got back from my first trip in the corvette (about 1600 miles)
During the trip, the buttons on the bottom of the infotainment system quit working, including the menu button. Stopped for gas and after I started the car up again, they started working. The same thing happened on the way home. After several hours of driving the buttons quit again. Restarted after I stopped the car for about 10 minutes.
A stop and a quick shut down and restart did not help, the car had to sit for about 10 minutes.

Had multiple issues with the Nav system also
Have same issue along with Volume button out. Dealer no help. Its completely out. Control thru steering wheel now. Let me know what your dealer finds. Thx, sgee.1
Old 09-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Slider1960
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Silverblue
I am told even the later (post January 2014) 2014s are significantly improved. New hardware, firmware, and software has tightened up the car in most ways. Hope that's true...
My s/n 21371 has had no issues and I have a very critical eye. Sorry to hear of all the early run issues but I have to say that with any very complex mechanical device many parts and systems have to work in harmony. I'm not surprised that there are early bugs. When you think of all of the integration it amazes me that they work as well as they do.
I am constantly amazed at the technological and mechanical advancement over my C6 and I would not go back!
Best of luck with the resolutions.

Last edited by Slider1960; 09-03-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Stephen Nelson
Heel & Toe

Default Update after seing dealer

1. They claim that because of direct injection, the car needs to be driven harder once in a while due to carbon buildup
2. The rev matching just doesn't respond fast enough from 1-2 if the engine speed is over 3500 RPM in 1st gear. Nothing they can do.
3. There is a software update for the memory seat. Everyone should do this. They fixed my complaint but more importantly, they added an option in settings to have the seat move to the driving position after the engine is started. Something they should have always had.
4. I didn't get an answer back on the hill assist. I don't know if it is fixed.
5. They claim the software update fixed the camera problem.
6. It doesn't look like they did anything. It wasn't important anyway.

I highly recommend that anyone with the memory seat option go to the dealer and have the update installed.

Get notified of new replies

To ** C7 Reported issues and resolutions thread **

Old 09-05-2014, 03:22 PM
abl57
8th Gear

Originally Posted by dbisc
Seems like the most difficult area of the car to attend to. They look great when clean but seem to get cloudy looking fast. As they are just like any other high gloss painted surface, with that much exposure to road grit, dust and grime I wouldn't expect different
Posted on another similar brake dust thread that the brake dust on our 2011 M3 is much worse than on our C7. We have the black wheels as well. Brake dust on cars like this is just part of the bargain right or wrong.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:35 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

rear back fas. starting to fall off 325 mi................need i say more
:ro fl:: rofl:
Old 09-05-2014, 04:15 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

rear back fas. starting to fall off 325 mi................need i say more
:ro fl:: rofl:
Yes, I think you do need to say more, and smiley less. What's a "rear back fas."