Sponsored by:

I sat in a C7 today. Fitment for small people

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 PM
vincent_esq
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

Default I sat in a C7 today. Fitment for small people

My wife and I just came back today from Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose to see a VY 3LT nonz51. They wanted $20k above msrp so, out the door was almost $90K! Here is my first impression upon seeing this car in person, and actually sitting in it for the first time:
1. This car is curvaceous everywhere! My wife was overwhelmed by how curvaceously sexy this car is! Because a picture is 2D, very few pictures in this forum shows how many curves this car has. We both LOVE it!
2. Non-Z51 rear: I'm on order from Boardwalk for an AW z51, MRSP, but upon seeing the non-z51 in person, both my wife and I agree that we really like the non-z51 rear without the spoiler. The rear panel of the C7 without the z51 spoiler just flows naturally! I don't know how else to explain it. Of course, we have not seen the z51 version yet, but based on forum pictures, I feel that the spoiler distracts and interrupts the full lines of the rear panel of the C7. You may call me crazy, but this let to our discussion of whether we made the right choice of going with z51.
Since I do not plan to track this car, and since this car will only see mostly highways, I think I am heavily leaning toward changing my order to non z51. This will save me almost $5k (Z51 + MRSP + tax)!
3. Related to this is the non-z51 rims: Well, it looks quite a bit better than in the pictures, but the standard painted rims looks very plasticky. To emphasize this, my wife, who has never paid attention to rims and wheels in her life, commented that if we change the order to non-z51, we need to get need new rims. Please PM me if anyone with z51 rims want to sell me theirs. I am serious. I love the Z51 black rims so much. Please PM if you want to sell yours, especially if they are black.
4. Hood: WOW, this hood is light! I was able to lift the hood all the way up with one index finger! The dealer told me that the removable top is only 16lbs!
5. Seating and fitment: My wife is 5' and both the passenger and driver seats fits her extremely well. It's amazing how Chevy did it! From past threads, I was concerned because there were multiple reviews of people who are 6'+ and 200lbs+ fitting the seat like "a glove". Guess what, I'm 5'5" with a 29" waist and the seats fit me "like a glove"! This is coming from an 1989 C4; 1994 Nsx and a 2003 Viper. These seats fit me as well as the Nsx. Comparing this to the 03 viper, my wife could barely drive the viper. I had problems sliding back and forth in the viper seats and felt extremely uncomfortable in the viper.
Congrats to Chevy for this amazing feat!
6. Interior: VERY NICE. However, I agree with previous threads, that it does feel a bit cramped. It's not a deal breaker, it's just my observation, that's all.
I will try to post some pics here. Hopefully you can see it.
Attached Images       
Old 10-13-2013, 09:15 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

Thanks for the review and pics! Glad to hear you ordered from Boardwalk, and let the over MSRP guys wait.

Quick Reply: I sat in a C7 today. Fitment for small people