Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 10:39 AM
Kayir
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ok guys, I know this subject has been beat to death in multiple threads but I need to ask advice because STILL no one has made an installation video and quite honestly the instructions for this thing are absolutely horrible. . .i've finally made it to the point of installing my curb alert and am having wiring issues. . .It seems that there are slightly different versions of this device around. mine has the fuse adapter as pictured. based on the size and "10" It looks like there are only 3 possible fuses I could tap into on the front fusebox. . .one is for the theft deterrent, the other is engine/trans, and the third is something I can't figure out. . .so does it matter which I use? when I take the existing fuse out, do I simply plug this in and i'm done or do i then plug that removed fuse into this one and then this one into where it used to sit?? and any helpful suggestions for places to ground? pictures wound be amazing if someone had them, but even a good description would be amazing. . .Other than getting power it seems like the rest of the install will be easy. I just don't like starting a project before I understand all the steps I'm going to need to do and i'm just lost on what wiring schematic to use. . .thanks!!

mike

Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 925 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

you don't have to tap the fuses at all....the box shuts off automatically at 20 min with mini draw so just connect to a power on all the time, and that is the positive lug at the back of the fuse box in the engine bay, just add a nut over top of what's there, the negative is right below the alternation,,,

the positive at the back outside of box:
Old 06-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Kayir
Racer

I've read all of your posts about this glen, and VERY much appreciate the response. . .but if I was to do your install I would need to cut off that fuse adapter and splice the wire directly to that bolt? and if so what size extra bolt is it that I would need to use?
Old 06-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

you need to splice on a new ring terminal after the fuse that will fit the nut and then add a nut, don't remember the size I just went to lowes and tried a few until one fit...

I've done 4 of these so far...common sense....
Old 06-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Kayir
Racer

Not trying to be difficult, but if there's already a fuse tap attached to the end of the power wire, why not just plug it in rather than cutting it off, splicing a new ring terminal on (no idea where to buy that, hardware store I suppose, etc. . .Is there a reason that I don't just want to plug it into an existing fuse?
Old 06-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

cant close the box, can come loose...you do what you want....
I'm sure you can understand I'm done here........
Old 06-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Kayir
Racer

Glen, I honestly wasn't being difficult. I just wanted to understand. Appreciate your advice! You're one of the most helpful guys on here. Guess ill take a trip to Home Depot and find some stuff. Thanks again!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

its simple...good luck...
Old 07-09-2014, 12:47 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by Glen e
its simple...good luck...
Old 07-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Webhair
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered mine so we will see when it comes in...
Old 07-16-2014, 05:17 PM
need4speedmotors
Supporting Vendor

Received 190 Likes on 182 Posts

Nice product
Old 07-30-2014, 05:02 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C7 Corvette Curb Alert

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim
Old 08-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

Am I reading the instructions correctly? The sensor goes under the bumper? Isn't that going to get destroyed when going into a driveway?
Old 08-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Woodson
Am I reading the instructions correctly? The sensor goes under the bumper? Isn't that going to get destroyed when going into a driveway?

Many of us have mounted in the grill for this very reason, the last chirp you hear will be something ripping it off the car underneath.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

It looks like, if I remember correctly, that on the C6 the instructions were to put it in the grill. I wonder why the change for the C7.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

No good reason, IMO.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:48 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Woodson
Yes, you are, and not it will not. IF you are hitting that far up on the bumper, your entire front end it going to get crushed. The curb alert is 0.5" below the bottom of the highest part of the bumper. So if that part of your bumper hits, you have a lot more problem than just the curb alert scraping. It's higher than the wheels will allow the nose to hit, if that makes sense?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert

Old 08-22-2014, 09:51 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

To avoid confusion, we do have the C7 Curb Alert Installation COLOR PDF available now...makes installing these a breeze...

http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst...structions.pdf

Old 08-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Pcorvette1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
To avoid confusion, we do have the C7 Curb Alert Installation COLOR PDF available now...makes installing these a breeze...

http://www.southerncarparts.com/Inst...structions.pdf

I installed mine yesterday on my 2015 C7 using the pdf instructions and it was very easy. Took less than one hour total. I first thought I would like a video to show more details on the installing process, but a video is not needed. Just print out the pdf and take it with you in your garage and start installing. The pdf is very detailed and is all you need to do this simple install. The C7 kit from southercarparts has everything you need including the two nuts for the positive and negative power connections.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:14 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Pcorvette1
I installed mine yesterday on my 2015 C7 using the pdf instructions and it was very easy. Took less than one hour total. I first thought I would like a video to show more details on the installing process, but a video is not needed. Just print out the pdf and take it with you in your garage and start installing. The pdf is very detailed and is all you need to do this simple install. The C7 kit from southercarparts has everything you need including the two nuts for the positive and negative power connections.
Thank you sir. We just completed the video.
http://you

Last edited by southerncarparts; 08-31-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert