Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:17 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert

C7 Corvette Curb Alert

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

Please click here for the PDF installation sheet

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by southerncarparts; 09-30-2014 at 07:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ProTEKtMitch (03-07-2017)
Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 AM
YellowC5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a video somewhere that shows how it is installed on a c7? I would like to by one but I need to see how it is installed.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Art17 (06-25-2017)
Old 10-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Alabamavette
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowC5
Is there a video somewhere that shows how it is installed on a c7? I would like to by one but I need to see how it is installed.

Thanks.
I agree
Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

My question is why the car doesn't have it stock.

Most cars have this feature standard these days.

Oh well, good thing we have the aftermarket to take care of it.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Actually the 7 sits a lot higher then a c6 GS, and I have lowered mine all the way down. I have my curb alert from my 6 and planned to install it on the 7....... but to be honest not sure I need it. I constanted scraped the 6 and had to do the side shuffle over curbs, entry ways etc. Had to be on the alert anywhere I turned........but not with the 7.

Install has to be the same as on the 6.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:14 PM
hue008x
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do front License plates present a problem?
Old 01-01-2014, 07:48 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by hue008x
Do front License plates present a problem?
No, not at all.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Guys, if you really want to protect your Stingray from the potential of curb rash on your bumper, this product really is about the best thing you can invest in......it will save you....it saved me in my C6 a few times....thanks again!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:35 PM
vincent_esq
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alabamavette
I agree
I agree here. I'm ready to buy, but not sure whether installation would be the same on the C7.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:52 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by vincent_esq
I agree here. I'm ready to buy, but not sure whether installation would be the same on the C7.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:55 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

There's a power source directly behind the fuse box under the hood.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

You keep bumping this when so many have told you to do a yup tube like the c6.. Why keep. Ignoring us and costing yourself sales?

#badbusiness
Old 01-12-2014, 01:11 PM
DalTexVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May be he needs a volunteer.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:13 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
You keep bumping this when so many have told you to do a yup tube like the c6.. Why keep. Ignoring us and costing yourself sales?

#badbusiness
Exactly Glen, people are saying they will buy if the OP will simply post an install on a C7. The OP keeps coming back with "it can save you scrapes". Hey, we know that, but go get a C7 and install it and show us the video....Geezus.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:06 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Glen e

#badbusiness
You guys are a tough crowd. We are working on a video. As soon as we get it we'll post it up. #trustme
Old 01-19-2014, 03:07 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DalTexVette
May be he needs a volunteer.
This would help
Old 01-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
There's a power source directly behind the fuse box under the hood.
So do you have an actual wiring diagram, with termination points? Written instructions for a C7?.....

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert

Old 03-24-2014, 04:34 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

C7 Corvette Curb Alert

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however,
Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The
Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates
) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Installation Instructions (we are the only ones offering Custom Install packages and videos to install on the C5, C6 and Camaro) and videos are at the link below

We have the
Curb Alert in stock for 149.99 with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Mini Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim
Old 03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
You guys are a tough crowd. We are working on a video. As soon as we get it we'll post it up. #trustme

Pretty helpless actually. Guys, This is a Universal part and a basic install video (at the link) should be easy for anyone to follow. I watched the C6 and calibration video, read some posts here with some detail tips and am more than comfortable with installing this. Basically this will be a piece of cake to put on the car and calibrate. Now I just need the car to put it on! Thanks Jim! (Quick shipping too!!)

Last edited by Modshack; 03-24-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:23 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Just ordered one, wish I had with both my C5 and C6, generally not a problem to avoid the curb in front of me but it only takes once to mess up the nose of the car.

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette...Cure for the common curb....Curb Alert