Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche owner has test drive

Old 10-20-2013, 09:47 PM
335i
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
Actually.....The Buick LaCross and new Impalla are both on the Front Wheel Drive Epsilon II platform...
That was an excellent post. Nice job on taking the time to go through all of that. From what I've read, the new MKZ is a very nice car, but it's not a direct competitor to the new CTS.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:18 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by paracord
Sorry Bro just messing with you. Convertibles are pretty feminine. Women like to sun bathe usually....not men. And the boxster itself is a tiny little underpowered VW-looking car.

Sorry, but I think it's feminine....as do many other people. But that's just my opinion. You really shouldn't care what I think.....but it's not just my opinion: http://autos.ca.msn.com/editors-pick...4457813&page=4

It made the top 10 chicks cars list on MSN autos.
LOL. I read everything you just said and it has not changed my mind a bit. I could give a frog's fat a$$ what you or anyone thinks of convertibles.

It takes a small mind to come up with such a narrow minded opinion. On top of that I would interpret your opinions as assinine...but that's just my opinion.

This may be hard to believe but I actually want another convertible just a little bit more now. I like to do things despite what people think.

If someone with your opinion lived on my street I'd probably wave and smile as I drove by, but be chucking to myself: F$%%^ him, I'm in my convertible.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 10-21-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by SilverC6AZ
Sorry Bro just messing with you. Convertibles are pretty feminine. Women like to sun bathe usually....not men. And the boxster itself is a tiny little underpowered VW-looking car.

Sorry, but I think it's feminine....as do many other people. But that's just my opinion. You really shouldn't care what I think.....but it's not just my opinion: http://autos.ca.msn.com/editors-pick...4457813&page=4

It made the top 10 chicks cars list on MSN autos.
LOL. I read everything you just said and it has not changed my mind a bit. I could give a frog's fat a$$ what you or anyone thinks of convertibles.
Gotta agree with you. It's like they are trying to assault our masculinity, assuming that we care what they think about us.
Trust me folks, like SilveC6AZ, I could care less about folks calling those cars chick cars. My self worth and image are not based on folks who don't know me, and could care less about me.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,909 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
The 2014 Cadillac CTS is built on a longer version of the new Rear Wheel Drive Alpha platform which first arrived under the all new ATS Cadillac.
This is the new platform that all the automotive magazines have been raving about, where GM spent a LOT of money pulling out mass in every area possible to make it a -drivers car-. Every article I have read has claimed that the new ATS (first to get this new platform) DRIVES better than the new BMW 3 series. Now, the CTS has moved to it. That is why the cost jumped.
I drove the 2014 ATS for a week, and I was absolutely amazed that GM could build such a great sedan. It's drives beautifully, and the handling is incredible. I did notice a bit of push with the stock tire pressures, but I added a few pounds up front to match the rear pressures (GM recommends 3 pounds less up front), and the car went directly to neutral. Tight corners, sweepers, nothing fazed this car. The steering is tight and accurate. The ATS is ever bit as good as the magazines say it is. My only complaint would be the engine, a 2.5L 4 cylinder. It was noisy and sluggish. It didn't fit the quality of the rest of the car. Fix that, and the car would be nearly perfect.

Michael
Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Gotta agree with you. It's like they are trying to assault our masculinity, assuming that we care what they think about us.
Trust me folks, like SilveC6AZ, I could care less about folks calling those cars chick cars. My self worth and image are not based on folks who don't know me, and could care less about me.
His assinine comments provided me with a good chuckle though.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:58 AM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

His assinine comments provided me with a good chuckle though.
Sorry but you seemed perplexed when I questioned why you were comparing the two. I just clarified with my opinion after you asked again.

Now I know why......sorry if you didn't like the answer.

If you like to buy sports cars to sunbathe in, then the Boxster is the perfect choice.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:27 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Sorry but you seemed perplexed when I questioned why you were comparing the two. I just clarified with my opinion after you asked again.

Now I know why......sorry if you didn't like the answer.

If you like to buy sports cars to sunbathe in, then the Boxster is the perfect choice.
BS. There is nothing for you to be "sorry" about, because I felt your opinion was assinine and laughable. I made that perfectly clear, and you know it, but you go ahead and spin it however your little mind needs to.

It's easy to make comments like that with your keyboard isn't it? You seem like just the type of coward that hides behind his little keyboard, and would never have the guts to voice his opinion in person, in front of actual convertible owners. We'll call you a "cyber bully", how's that. Although it is difficult to label someone a bully when their comments are more assinine than malicious. Or perhaps it would be smart to keep your trap shut in front of a live group, as you would likely get your *** kicked by a mob if you mouthed off.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 10-21-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 AM
paracord
Racer

BS. There is nothing for you to be "sorry" about, because your opinion was assinine and laughable. I made that perfectly clear, and you know it, but you go ahead and spin it however your little mind needs to.

It's easy to make comments like that with your keyboard isn't it? You seem like just the type of coward that hides behind his little keyboard, and would never have the guts to voice his opinion in person, in front of actual convertible owners. Or perhaps that would be smart, as you would likely get your *** kicked by a mob.
Haha ok man....you seem to be getting quite worked up over it.

Drive your boxster and be proud of it. People are allowed to have opinions. Sorry that you are upset about it.

And hey....I gave it credit....I said the fit/finish is better than the C7!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:51 AM
paracord
Racer

Or perhaps it would be smart to keep your trap shut in front of a live group, as you would likely get your *** kicked by a mob if you mouthed off.
Well that's one thing I'd be just shaking to face......a group of Boxster owners.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:57 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by jkcam6017
I'm with you Joe. You can walk into a lot of BMW dealerships and have a pretty decent free breakfast. Croissants and Cappuccino. Try that at a Chevy dealership. Yesterdays coffee and stale Dunkin Donut "holes". Says a lot about the cars.
Seriously? That's your basis of comparison? I could buy a lot of Starbucks (or Peets) lattes and croissants for the additional cost of the German cars..............
Old 10-21-2013, 01:16 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

BS. There is nothing for you to be "sorry" about, because I felt your opinion was assinine and laughable. I made that perfectly clear, and you know it, but you go ahead and spin it however your little mind needs to.

It's easy to make comments like that with your keyboard isn't it? You seem like just the type of coward that hides behind his little keyboard, and would never have the guts to voice his opinion in person, in front of actual convertible owners. We'll call you a "cyber bully", how's that. Although it is difficult to label someone a bully when their comments are more assinine than malicious. Or perhaps it would be smart to keep your trap shut in front of a live group, as you would likely get your *** kicked by a mob if you mouthed off.
OH, oh, now I have a problem. I love Vette ragtops, have owned them, wouldn't buy a coupe (well, maybe this one, it is really hot) but I also think of the Boxster as a cute car, not a performance machine. Not because it is a convertible, mind you, just because it is cute, not mean, and quick, not fast. Still a great car, just different than a 'Vette, and not a comparable, in my opinion.... Only mine, of course, and everyone else is entitled to their own, so long as they realize that mine is the right one...
Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Haha ok man....you seem to be getting quite worked up over it.

Drive your boxster and be proud of it. People are allowed to have opinions. Sorry that you are upset about it.

And hey....I gave it credit....I said the fit/finish is better than the C7!
If you voice an opinion then YOU need to do a better job of dealing with the responses. I've made it quite obvious that your opinion has been taken like a grain of salt, and is assinine. Like it or not, I actually enjoy telling someone when I think their opinion is a crock of SH%^.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 10-21-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:20 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AORoads
You have any idea how many in any form of sales say the above, but don't do it? Answer: most. If you are one of those that do it, you have a lot of return customers, and the list grows every year, building your book.

I see OP has commented on his test drive. Interesting--post #82.
Yes, I do know that many say it, and yes, I have a lot of return customers... ;-)
Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

Like every other thread in C7 General that has the P word in it, this thread has gotten out of hand.

I'll remind everyone of the following forum rule:

Personal attacks/hostility toward others
The Forum should be a place where we treat one another with civility so that it remains a fun and friendly place to hang around with other Corvette enthusiasts. Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.

Personal attacks cannot be tolerated. Attack ideas, not fellow Forum members.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche owner has test drive