Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a C7 owner give me the stink eye lol

Old 01-03-2014, 11:19 PM
trackpilot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a C7 owner give me the stink eye lol

So i was at BJ's yesterday, it's like Costco. After i got done shopping i saw that there was a Cyber Gray C7 a few rows down from my car so i decided to drive over and parked in front of it. It was at the opposite end of the store where not many people park but it was still in the first parking spot closest to the store. There was a truck parked right by it as well as a couple cars a few spots down so it's not like it was all by itself.

So i get out and look over it for maybe a minute because i didn't want to look too odd checking someones car out and then got back in my car, which was not my corvette btw. My wife then started texting me and then someone called me so i was just sitting there in my car for a few extra minutes. Well then the owner comes out and before he gets in his car he just stares right at me before he opens up his door for a good 15 seconds or so. Then he gets in his car and continues to stare right at me for about another minute. lol I'm like WTF is this guys problem??? hahaha If i wasn't on the phone i would of gotten out of the car as soon as he got to his car and complimented him on it. But i was glad i didn't now.
Then as he drives off i didn't want to act like i was interested in the car but still took a glance and he was still looking at me and was saying something, of course i couldn't understand what he was saying.

What a weirdo though. So if Mr. Cyber Gray non Z-51 owner in Royal Palm Beach is on here i just wanted to let you know that you've got issues.
I've never experienced anything like that before...

BTW no he didn't see me checking out his car, which i could then understand that he might give me the stink eye. I was in my car for a good 3-4 minutes on the phone before he came out.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 369 Posts

Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trackpilot
So i was at BJ's yesterday, it's like Costco. After i got done shopping i saw that there was a Cyber Gray C7 a few rows down from my car so i decided to drive over and parked in front of it. It was at the opposite end of the store where not many people park but it was still in the first parking spot closest to the store. There was a truck parked right by it as well as a couple cars a few spots down so it's not like it was all by itself.

So i get out and look over it for maybe a minute because i didn't want to look too odd checking someones car out and then got back in my car, which was not my corvette btw. My wife then started texting me and then someone called me so i was just sitting there in my car for a few extra minutes. Well then the owner comes out and before he gets in his car he just stares right at me before he opens up his door for a good 15 seconds or so. Then he gets in his car and continues to stare right at me for about another minute. lol I'm like WTF is this guys problem??? hahaha If i wasn't on the phone i would of gotten out of the car as soon as he got to his car and complimented him on it. But i was glad i didn't now.
Then as he drives off i didn't want to act like i was interested in the car but still took a glance and he was still looking at me and was saying something, of course i couldn't understand what he was saying.

What a weirdo though. So if Mr. Cyber Gray non Z-51 owner in Royal Palm Beach is on here i just wanted to let you know that you've got issues.

BTW no he didn't see me checking out his car, which i could then understand that he might give me the stink eye. I was in my car for a good 3-4 minutes on the phone before he came out.

I live in Texas so it wasn't me, but i can tell you that if it is anybody on this forum, he probably had you on video the whole time and watching you on his cell. Then he came out and saw you hanging out on the phone, thinking you were up to something. lol Believe it or not, many people have video cameras in their C7's and monitor it. Not saying that is what happened, but i would bet it was something like that. He probably didn't post the sign "smile you are on camera"..
Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

forgot to mention, there was a guy on here a while back that showed a video of people taking pictures on his C7 and the girl got out of a truck and sat or leaned on his hood. All on Video..lol
Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 PM
trackpilot
Racer

Originally Posted by bevo_87
I live in Texas so it wasn't me, but i can tell you that if it is anybody on this forum, he probably had you on video the whole time and watching you on his cell. Then he came out and saw you hanging out on the phone, thinking you were up to something. lol Believe it or not, many people have video cameras in their C7's and monitor it. Not saying that is what happened, but i would bet it was something like that. He probably didn't post the sign "smile you are on camera"..
Really??? I didn't know they had those?
Well you might be right then. That'd explain it. But to be honest all i did was walked around the car one time and then got back in my car. Like i said i didn't spend much time checking it out since the owner wasn't around.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Better....

Better the stink eye than the stink finger, just sayin'....
Old 01-03-2014, 11:36 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ksowul
Better the stink eye than the stink finger, just sayin'....
Definitely laughed out loud on that one
Old 01-03-2014, 11:51 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hard to believe that a true member would act like that. must have been a newbee.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:53 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Owning a C7 does not necessarily equate to being a friendly person... neither does C6 ownership, Porsche ownership, Kia ownership... you get the idea. Not sure why it is relevant that they owned a C7... what if it was a Porsche?
Old 01-04-2014, 12:13 AM
DalTexVette
Instructor

Well you might be right then. That'd explain it. But to be honest all i did was walked around the car one time and then got back in my car. Like i said i didn't spend much time checking it out since the owner wasn't around.
http://spytechs.com/Car-Cameras/default.htm
Old 01-04-2014, 02:39 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by gthal
Owning a C7 does not necessarily equate to being a friendly person... neither does C6 ownership, Porsche ownership, Kia ownership... you get the idea. Not sure why it is relevant that they owned a C7... what if it was a Porsche?
so what, in your humble opinion does owning a C7 equate to......if anything?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:45 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

BJs? Stink finger? What kind of thread is this?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:52 AM
pala
Racer

St. Jude Donor '07

I love bjs. btw he was probably watching his car from inside and seen you. no big woop.

Last edited by pala; 01-04-2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: reddneck sspell check
Old 01-04-2014, 03:01 AM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I run this one in my car: http://www.blackvueusa.com/DR500GW-HD.html
Old 01-04-2014, 05:33 AM
Jontall
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
Wow... I really like that.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:39 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

hey ..you did the right thing . he's whats known as the kind of vette owner that gives us all a bad rap.'' my sh^^ don't stink ''.so it wouldn't have been worth your time
Old 01-04-2014, 06:28 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by thedofuss
so what, in your humble opinion does owning a C7 equate to......if anything?
It equates to nothing... that was my point. You will find unfriendly people owning all car brands. Nothing special that there is an unfriendly C7 owner and nothing really to be notable.

Get notified of new replies

To Had a C7 owner give me the stink eye lol

Old 01-04-2014, 09:41 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by gthal
It equates to nothing... that was my point. You will find unfriendly people owning all car brands. Nothing special that there is an unfriendly C7 owner and nothing really to be notable.
the ignore list on your user cp makes wasted replies unnecessary....
Old 01-04-2014, 10:28 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
Though a cool option, how does this really help? Unless the "perp" is standing directly in front of your car, your camera won't see him/her.
Door dings, door break-ins, getting keyed, etc is all available about 3/4 of the car.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I'm glad all of us are not like this guy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Had a C7 owner give me the stink eye lol