C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First real 3-D impression of the C7 by a new C6 owner: WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 PM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default First real 3-D impression of the C7 by a new C6 owner: WOW!!!

Just got back from the Restoration Station Fall Cruise in southern OH. Perfect weather--sunny in the low 60s with high blue sky--and Vettes out the yin-yang! The last number of attendees I heard as of 45 minutes prior to the run was over 230 Vettes and counting. Everything from a few C1s, at least one '63 SW, several '66/'67 427 Coupes and roadsters, lots of C4s/C5s/C6s, and at least 4 '14s--white, grey, blue and black (I think).

I had the pleasure of following the blue C7 for about half the 85 mile planned route and I can tell you that I was blown away with the rear view of the car! That's not a Camaro tail by anyone's imagination. And I say that as someone who specifically waited for the first C7 spy shots before I chose my new C6 vert. I wanted my first Vette to have the classic Vette shape and round tail lights, but the new C7 is absolutely stunning in 3-D.

Following the Stingray, I was struck by how the sharp creases along the edge of the hatch swept back to the tail and all the lines flowed together to bring the angular tail lights into focus. I also think the 4 integrated exhaust tips are better looking and sportier than the 2x2 C6 tips....and OH, THAT GLORIOUS SOUND WHEN IT'S FLOORBOARDED!!! Raises the hair on the back of the neck. For all the moaning and groaning about how the GM designers missed the mark on the new Vette (myself included, BTW) there is nothing more alluring than the C7 in 3-D, driving on the road or sitting parked. Get one!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Your post took admirable courage and integrity to publish and I just want you to know that is appreciated

Originally Posted by icntdrv55
Just got back from the Restoration Station Fall Cruise in southern OH. Perfect weather--sunny in the low 60s with high blue sky--and Vettes out the yin-yang! The last number of attendees I heard as of 45 minutes prior to the run was over 230 Vettes and counting. Everything from a few C1s, at least one '63 SW, several '66/'67 427 Coupes and roadsters, lots of C4s/C5s/C6s, and at least 4 '14s--white, grey, blue and black (I think).

I had the pleasure of following the blue C7 for about half the 85 mile planned route and I can tell you that I was blown away with the rear view of the car! That's not a Camaro tail by anyone's imagination. And I say that as someone who specifically waited for the first C7 spy shots before I chose my new C6 vert. I wanted my first Vette to have the classic Vette shape and round tail lights, but the new C7 is absolutely stunning in 3-D.

Following the Stingray, I was struck by how the sharp creases along the edge of the hatch swept back to the tail and all the lines flowed together to bring the angular tail lights into focus. I also think the 4 integrated exhaust tips are better looking and sportier than the 2x2 C6 tips....and OH, THAT GLORIOUS SOUND WHEN IT'S FLOORBOARDED!!! Raises the hair on the back of the neck. For all the moaning and groaning about how the GM designers missed the mark on the new Vette (myself included, BTW) there is nothing more alluring than the C7 in 3-D, driving on the road or sitting parked. Get one!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

I didn't follow one as you did, but I've seen a couple of them really closeup and had a chance to sit in them. It's so much better than trying to judge it by just looking at photographs.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

All corvettes since the C5 look better in person than they do in picture. This remains true from the C7 as well except instead of just looking 10x better in person, it looks 1000x better in person. You need to see the car in person before you judge this car. The difference live and in person vs. looking at pictures is really baffling...
Old 10-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

I couldn't believe how much better the C7 looks in person than in photos, and I liked the photos! What struck me most was how absolutely aggressive the stance is. It reminds me of a leopard, poised to pounce on its prey; sleek, muscular, alert and very intimidating.

I love this Corvette!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:58 AM
Roidz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yet to see one in person but only excites me to know it should look better in person when I finally see one.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:53 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Just saw one today .. We'll yesterday. Lol

Speechless is how I would describe my feelings when first seeing it in person. Also... The rear looks much smaller or not as tall and sharp as it seems in the pics. Busy yes but good busy. All it needs (if anything) is some paint and it'll shape up nicely.

Another thing.... The fenders looked more flared in person. Car needs a drop though... Then she'll start to look the part!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:48 AM
Goaty
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 88 Posts

Saw one in the flesh for the first time yesterday at a local car show. I have been very critical of the rear since the unveil in Jan. I spent a while looking at it from different angles knowing that people are saying that it looks much better in person. I really tried to like it because I love Corvettes and I want to love the new one, but it just doesn't work for me. Now that being said, maybe a different color like white or yellow would have been different since those look best to me in the pics. This one also had chrome wheels which I am not a fan of in general.

I will say that it seems to have hit the mark in terms of attracting high end import buyers. The show I was at had mostly Ferraris, Porsches, Aston Martins, Lambos, etc and I heard many positive comments about the car. Even my father who is not a huge Corvette guy loves it and wants one.

It's a dilemma, I want the new platform but really not sold on the look. I'll probably get one eventually but not in a rush. Will keep enjoying my C6 and will make a decision whenever the discounts appear.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,303 Likes on 13,975 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I saw my first C7 at Bloomington Gold - and decided right then that someday I would have one. May be a couple of years off still, but that will be my next Vette. Love the looks.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:56 AM
Torky
Instructor

"Admirable courage" and "integrity" ? ? ?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:32 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by Torky
yeah,this place is getting strange
Old 10-21-2013, 07:23 AM
396tears
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rob62
LOL

ditto

i luv this forum keep em coming!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 AM
Gerdia
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw my first on Sunday at a car show, did love the car. But the full length spoiler looks as if it doesn't belong with the car. Too many gaps, and I mean in its shape, what is attached to the car is flush to the body but some angles make look as if it's an after market spoiler. I wouldn't kick it out of my garage though.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:29 AM
LouB57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you missed his point. In that the OP will invariably get some differing opinions by "some" others who have different opinions on the look of the rear view.

And I agree. This nonsense about looking like the Camaro is nonsense. Looks nothing like it. But you've seen Cattle. The first one jumps off the cliff, and..

Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Your post took admirable courage and integrity to publish and I just want you to know that is appreciated
I suppose this makes us best buds, now, but of course...

Awww, man!!! Just when I thought things were going my way...

Whatever you do, don't tell any of the women in my life.

Hey, I've only been here since June and I knew this right away. This invention of Al Gore attracts some funny folks.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

No doubt about it.....the C7 looks way better in person, than in pictures. The car has a very low wide sleek look to it, that pictures don't really capture.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:19 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 396tears
LOL

ditto

i luv this forum keep em coming!
The three of you on the other hand... We can all see that none of you would EVER have the COURAGE NOR THE INTEGRITY to be man enough to admit it when you were wrong. Instead, as always, you will plow along the low road hoping to conjure up something really clever to say, no matter how many times you fail miserably in that effort.

Here is how it is done kiddies:

For all the moaning and groaning about how the GM designers missed the mark on the new Vette (myself included, BTW) there is nothing more alluring than the C7 in 3-D, driving on the road or sitting parked. Get one!!!

Get notified of new replies

To First real 3-D impression of the C7 by a new C6 owner: WOW!!!

Old 10-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Glad to hear you were able to attend the Restoration Station Fall Colors Road Tour.

There were 230 Corvettes in attendance. Every Corvette there was beautiful; especially the Gray, Blue, Black, and White C7's.

There were crowds around each one of them.

Tim
Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Goaty
I'll probably get one (C&) eventually but not in a rush. Will keep enjoying my C6 and will make a decision whenever the discounts appear.
regardless of how nice the C7 is; there's no reason to not enjoy your C6 (or C5, 4, 3, 2, 1).

Old 10-21-2013, 02:36 PM
cramar
Advanced

Yeah, it is interesting that some cars look way better in the flesh than in a photo. Last month while in FL I took some pictures of a red Maserati convertible. I was disappointed in the photos since the car looked way better standing next to it. It cost 2x what a C7 is, so it is a no brainer for me. I'd take the C7 any day.

I also went to a large Ferrari dealer and took many pictures. Again a Ferrari looks stunning standing next to it, and photos don't do them justice. Had a McLaren there that looks many times better than my photos that cannot pick up the paint color depth the way it looks in real life. That orange paint is the most stunning I've ever seen and just minute changes in your eye position reflect totally altered colors.

As far as the C7 goes, I was never a super fan of red Corvettes. They are nice as far as I'm concerned. Until I walked into the Corvette Museum and saw two waiting for delivery. They just knocked my socks off! My instant thoughts, "Woe, in red it looks like a Ferrari!" The C7 is stunning in red! Walking around gives you context and an integrated perspective that you just cannot get from a series of photos. You just have to see your favorite C7 color in the flesh to r-e-a-l-l-y appreciate the car!

Quick Reply: First real 3-D impression of the C7 by a new C6 owner: WOW!!!