Sponsored by:

Programming XM

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM
gbjerke
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Programming XM

When I picked up my C7 about a month ago, the delivery person was awesome but I was looking at a 1,000+ mile trip back so was anxious to hit the road.
He paired my phone, entered the Nav instuctions and did a couple of my favorite XM stations.
Since getting back I went thru the infotainment manual and tried to enter XM stations that I wanted...and I did EXCEPT they come up as numbers only....i.e., I have no idea as to what these channels are. They show up as channel 59, 119 etc.
The delivery guy entered 50's on 5, Laugh USA and that is how they showed up. He was doing the voice command bit.
When I tried to duplicate I hit the voice button and stated, "Tune XM Classic Rewind" it was merely entered as "25" when I was hoping for Classic rewind to show on the screen.
Have no idea as to what 97, 129, 44 or whatever is and would like to see the actual name of the channel.
Obviously there is a right way to do this but I am too old (OK, stupid) to know how to do this.
Educate me please.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:10 PM
SJVET
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in this to! In my Denali when you hold the buttons, they show the name. I did the same thing you are doing in my C7 and it only shows the number. Maybe using voice?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Khalilj
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is from the 2014 Corvette My Link Manual which I downloaded online. I found it very instructive. Following. These instructions copied from the manual worked for me:

"how to “Manage” or Customize favorites • Select the “Settings” icon on home page, then choose “radio” and “Manage favorites” • To re-order favorites, press and hold a Favorite, then drag it to a new location • To delete a favorite, select it and press “Delete” • To rename a favorite, select it, press “rename” and enter new name on keypad • touch “exit” to leave “Manage favorites” screen and save changes"
Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

You can go into settings, radio, manage, and in the center at the bottom of the screen is a name this station button.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:38 PM
gbjerke
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Khalilj
This is from the 2014 Corvette My Link Manual which I downloaded online. I found it very instructive. Following. These instructions copied from the manual worked for me:

"how to “Manage” or Customize favorites • Select the “Settings” icon on home page, then choose “radio” and “Manage favorites” • To re-order favorites, press and hold a Favorite, then drag it to a new location • To delete a favorite, select it and press “Delete” • To rename a favorite, select it, press “rename” and enter new name on keypad • touch “exit” to leave “Manage favorites” screen and save changes"
Hope this helps.
Thanks to Khalilj and Vettjazz (?). It worked.
The rename bit was not as easy as what my dealer showed me (voice command) but it works and that makes me a happy camper.
Can I say it again, this forum is awesome.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:29 PM
bullybully1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Programming XM

Quick Reply: Programming XM