Sponsored by:

Gm bad faith?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 01:31 AM
soohooner
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Gm bad faith?

Bought with GM EMP DISCOUNT in August. Got to dealer today and they would not honor deal since after Oct. 1. Anyone else in this sit?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:00 AM
soohooner
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteriderVette
How is it that you are able to receive GM employee discount? I wouldn't blame GM for denying this type of pricing early on in the production cycle.

I used to work for GM and although employee pricing was available across all models, there were time when particular vehicles were non applicable at the time since it was either too new or limited in production.

Be patient, if you are really determined to own a Stingray purchased @ employee pricing, the time will come soon enough
your reply is non responsive...

anyone else have any pertinent info?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:41 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by soohooner
your reply is non responsive....
Your original question is nonsensical. If you bought a car in August using a discount as your original post clearly states, what are you complaining about?

Or do you equate putting a deposit on a car with actually buying a car?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:49 AM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

In 2000, I had all the paperwork complete for a GM supplier discount. When I bought the car the dealer said "no discounts". They don't have to do it.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:06 AM
B. Pateman
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought with GM EMP DISCOUNT in August. Got to dealer today and they would not honor deal since after Oct. 1. Anyone else in this sit?
Are you really surprised that they won't honor something that's nearly one-month expired?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:52 AM
NiteriderFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

First off you didn't "buy" anything. And no, it seems no one else is in this "sit" .
Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I toured the plant yesterday and met a GM Retired (37 years of service) and his car was being built this week. No discounts but he was happy to get one at MSRP!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:33 AM
green2000
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by C6BOB
In 2000, I had all the paperwork complete for a GM supplier discount. When I bought the car the dealer said "no discounts". They don't have to do it.
In 2000 my dealer worked with me to sell my trade Corvette on consignment and then priced the 2000 at a considerable discount. This time, dealers are pretty much all holding the line at MSRP. I'm retired and don't get the supplier discount but have a GM employee in the family. MSRP works for me this time.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:37 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

2014 Stingray not eligible for employee/supplier discount at this time.

/story
Old 10-29-2013, 01:49 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by NiteriderVette
First off you didn't "buy" anything. And no, it seems no one else is in this "sit" .
Well technically he did, his deposit is non refundable meaning in every sense of the word the car that he put a deposit on is his, no one can take it away from him without legal ramifications. Just as he can't cancel the deal without losing his deposit, GM can't reneg on any terms that were set at time of deposit. As far as the offer expiring, unless it was somehow made clear that there wasn't an expiry date OP is hooped.

Last edited by themonk; 10-29-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:57 PM
#1c6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

your telling me no one knows a dealer well enough to get a c7 for invoice
Old 10-29-2013, 02:03 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by themonk
Well technically he did, his deposit is non refundable meaning in every sense of the word the car that he put a deposit on is his, no one can take it away from him without legal ramifications. Just as he can't cancel the deal without losing his deposit, GM can't reneg on any terms that were set at time of deposit. As far as the offer expiring, unless it was somehow made clear that there wasn't an expiry date OP is hooped.
Deposits are refundable from dealers.... Unless he ordered the car, even then, if there are issues you don't have to take the car.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Deposits are refundable from dealers.... Unless he ordered the car, even then, if there are issues you don't have to take the car.
my understanding from what he posted is that he did order one seeing as how they weren't available in August.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:14 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

my understanding from what he posted is that he did order one seeing as how they weren't available in August.
Dealers were taking deposits from people to be put in line to order one when allocations opened up.
Even then forum dealers weren't keeping deposits from people that didn't decide to purchase the Vette when it came in.
If the dealer wanted a non refundable deposit on a car I hadn't seen I would go elsewhere.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:30 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Dealers were taking deposits from people to be put in line to order one when allocations opened up.
Even then forum dealers weren't keeping deposits from people that didn't decide to purchase the Vette when it came in.
If the dealer wanted a non refundable deposit on a car I hadn't seen I would go elsewhere.
Now this is pure speculation on my part but I'm guessing that he put a deposit down on one to be custom built, that chances of there being any spots available in August are slim to none and opening up, who knows how long that could take.......I could be way off in left field though.

The gist of his gripe however is GM honoring his discount and as I stated before, unless he has it in writing somewhere that there is no expiry date he unfortunately doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Last edited by themonk; 10-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:52 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Now this is pure speculation on my part but I'm guessing that he put a deposit down on one to be custom built, that chances of there being any spots available in August are slim to none and opening up, who knows how long that could take.......I could be way off in left field though.

The gist of his gripe however is GM honoring his discount and as I stated before, unless he has it in writing somewhere that there is no expiry date he unfortunately doesn't have a leg to stand on.
I agree, and usually if there is a deal in place you have to close the deal before expiration of any cash back offers, rebate expiration etc. So if he did place a contract with the selling dealer, you can't close the deal until the car has a VIN you can close on. If the GM employee discount expired before signing the final papers, then he is just SOL Not GM's fault.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:56 PM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

".... and THAT, your honor, is how the fight started."

Get notified of new replies

To Gm bad faith?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by #1c6
your telling me no one knows a dealer well enough to get a c7 for invoice
There is probably a very good chance I could get one at invoice. My brother has a very customer of his that he helps out that owns 2 Chevy Dealerships and the owner would do him a favor if asked. When I was going to buy my 08 and order from him it was at invoice. However, I came across an incredible deal on my car that I bought from CarMax.

I haven't bothered asking since I am waiting to see if the 2015 Vert will have an A8 or not.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,072 Likes on 6,171 Posts

OK, let's try to understand what is going on here. I assume that you actually mean that you put a deposit down on C7 in August and you discussed (and dealer agreed) GM Employee Pricing. Is that correct?

What documentation do you have of this agreement? We need all the details. Post a copy of any signed agreement that you have.

The fact of the matter is that GM is not accepting GM Employee Pricing or GM Supplier Pricing on 2014 Corvettes.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:47 PM
NiteriderFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

No he didn't. No dealer can keep a deposit if the customer backs out. I've seen it many times before, its simply that "good faith" deposit. Unless he willingly signed a document stating otherwise.

Things happen, deals change, deposits are refundable. End of story...OP needs to continue he search or wait it out until dealer lots are filled with Stingrays.

Quick Reply: Gm bad faith?