Sponsored by:

Went c7 shopping today

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 02:52 PM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Went c7 shopping today

Went C7 shopping today in Pensacola Florida.

Didn't go well...

Only was offered $29K for my trade: (sale ad here and pic below):
**EDIT: (I just dropped the price on the ad. It may not reflect yet.... asking price on the ad is now $41,000 but willing to sell for $38,500)**

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...57186930&Log=0[/QUOTE]

Then we built to order a 3LT Z51 Black/Brownstone w/Perf. Exhaust & black wheels and was quoted MSRP + $3,500.

I don't expect $49K for my trade but they sure could do better than $29K and an over MSRP quote with the comment "hey, just put a refundable deposit down then in 6 months when it shows up you can decide what you want to do."

OK... I know there are Z51 constraints out there, and I know ordering sometimes takes awhile (I ordered my Camaro so I know how it works) but 6 months? and over MSRP in 6 months???? Ha ha.... good one.

After that we visited dealer #2... No offer on my trade, "we don't want to insult you" and when I said, hey, I'll make you a deal on this if you make a deal on a C7 the reply was "Stingrays are selling for $10K over MSRP right now." They didn't have one to sell anyway so I guess price really doesn't matter.

The good news I've still got a pretty nice 1-of-a-kind Camaro to drive around while I patiently wait to find a dealership that can appreciate a Chevy enthusiast.

If there are any dealerships reading this ready to crunch some numbers I'm ready to deal.... today, tomorrow, next spring....no hurry
I've got all the time in the world!

SIDE NOTE: You should have seen all the sales and service guys at each dealership swarm in to take a look and pictures of my car they didn't want.

SIDE NOTE 2: This post is not meant to talk poop about the dealers I visited today. I know it's a business. Why use an allocation on me at MSRP if you have someone that will pay 10K over? Each dealer told me up front prior to me coming in I wouldn't be getting 49K for my trade... but, I already knew that. And... they didn't drag it out for hours making me talk to every "manager"... so that was good too.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TX Navy Vet; 10-30-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I don't understand why you guys complain all the time about dealers who want more than MSRP when there are excellent dealers right here who don't do it.

What's the point of coming to a forum and not using the advice?
Old 10-26-2013, 03:05 PM
FastVette85
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car has way too much money in it to just be traded in to a dealer, they are in the business of low balling trade ins, that's just what they do. Hold off and wait to see what kind of offers you get through Autotrader.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:07 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Originally Posted by FastVette85
Your car has way too much money in it to just be traded in to a dealer, they are in the business of low balling trade ins, that's just what they do. Hold off and wait to see what kind of offers you get through Autotrader.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Rich427
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Just call Mike at Criswell, Rick Conti at Coughlin, or Dave at Kerbeck. They will have a better chance of getting you and allocation for what you want and it won't be above MSRP. Plus, they may even be able to help you with your trade.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:10 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Sin City
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rich427
Just call Mike at Criswell, Rick Conti at Coughlin, or Dave at Kerbeck. They will have a better chance of getting you and allocation for what you want and it won't be above MSRP. Plus, they may even be able to help you with your trade.
Bingo.
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Originally Posted by Sin City
I don't understand why you guys complain all the time about dealers who want more than MSRP when there are excellent dealers right here who don't do it.

I know... but... I'm just starting my shopping and figured I'd try the easy way first.... I certainly don't want to drive my Camaro 100 miles to be told the same thing I got today locally. and.... I just can't afford to have another car without getting rid of the Camaro... I've already got 3... don't need 4.

but.... I'm trying!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TX Navy Vet
I know... but... I'm just starting my shopping and figured I'd try the easy way first.... I certainly don't want to drive my Camaro 100 miles to be told the same thing I got today locally. and.... I just can't afford to have another car without getting rid of the Camaro... I've already got 3... don't need 4.

but.... I'm trying!
I also tried local dealers and gave up very quickly. Too much BS.

The internet... it's a wonderful thing!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:14 PM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Originally Posted by FastVette85
The only calls so far are those wanting to sell me other ads... but... I'll probably lower the price to $45K next week...

Originally Posted by Rich427
Will do.... I've got nothing to lose... thanks!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

I ordered through Boardwalk in Redwood City (forum vendor). They've been great to deal with, no BS, pricing at MSRP and I'm doing a courtesy delivery through a local dealer

No pain, no strain
Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TX Navy Vet
The only calls so far are those wanting to sell me other ads... but... I'll probably lower the price to $45K next week...

Will do.... I've got nothing to lose... thanks!
Mike at Criswell emails me once in a while about cars that someone backs out of and has them for immediate sale. I bet a lot of the bigger Vette dealers have these opportunities pop up all the time because they move a lot of metal.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:21 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

If you're dead set on a C7, then take your time and sell the Camaro to get the best price. Then go shopping for a C7. The C7's are selling for MSRP and below, and the prices will keep dropping as more of them are produced. Don't let lust control your pocketbook.
By the time you are ready to take the plunge, you should be able to find a nice selection of C7's in stock at more dealer's then today and be reasonably priced. Quality should also be getting better the longer you wait.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:28 PM
2006m5
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

Relax take your time
Im also looking around
I am actively trying to sell my zl1
So time will bring better pricing on the c7
Old 10-26-2013, 03:50 PM
rayw1128
Advanced

Wondering if you posted your camaro on craigslist? I've always had more luck selling on CL than autotrader... Just a thought
Old 10-26-2013, 03:55 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also tried local dealers and gave up very quickly. Too much BS.

The internet... it's a wonderful thing!
You think if deal local will get better service. No it doesn't
matter. They (salesman) are doing the same. Email deals
from all over. They don't care if you live down the street or
in the next state
Old 10-27-2013, 09:19 AM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Originally Posted by rayw1128
Wondering if you posted your camaro on craigslist? I've always had more luck selling on CL than autotrader... Just a thought

Don't trust Craigslist.... Don't want to get jacked.

Originally Posted by texvette2
You think if deal local will get better service. No it doesn't
matter. They (salesman) are doing the same. Email deals
from all over. They don't care if you live down the street or
in the next state

That is something I was thinking but when you really think of each time you buy a car.... the sales and service departments are so separated you never ever see your salesman once you get through financing.... (with a few exceptions... we still get a Christmas card from one salesman we got a Mercedes from years ago)
and.... I'm moving in a year anyway!
It would be nice to courtesy drop a C7 at the dealer that told me they sell for 10K over MSRP. I think the day I picked it up I'd offer to sell it to them for 5K over MSRP with the comment... "hey, that's 5K for me, and 5K for you... right?"

Get notified of new replies

To Went c7 shopping today

Old 10-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 935 Likes on 489 Posts
Tech Contributor

Old 10-27-2013, 09:44 AM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
If you're dead set on a C7, then take your time and sell the Camaro to get the best price. Then go shopping for a C7. The C7's are selling for MSRP and below, and the prices will keep dropping as more of them are produced. Don't let lust control your pocketbook.
By the time you are ready to take the plunge, you should be able to find a nice selection of C7's in stock at more dealer's then today and be reasonably priced. Quality should also be getting better the longer you wait.
What makes you an expert on C7 corvette prices and quality ? It seems like every time I read one of your post you are knocking the C7 in one way or another. Since you own a C5 why don't you spend time there.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Akstorm
Advanced

Originally Posted by 450hp mike9
What makes you an expert on C7 corvette prices and quality ? It seems like every time I read one of your post you are knocking the C7 in one way or another. Since you own a C5 why don't you spend time there.
Exactly. Well stated!! Stay out of the C7 forums and enjoy your C5. There is not going to be a huge price any time soon and the ones the dealers have sell as fast as they get them. The car has exceeded everyone's expectation and the reviews are glowing. The quality is there now. So what if there are some that have first year glitches.

Quick Reply: Went c7 shopping today