Sponsored by:

Want to buy/order a base C7 for MSRP or less

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:44 AM
yxjackxh
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to buy/order a base C7 for MSRP or less

Hey guys I need help finding a dealer that is offering MSRP, preferably less than MSRP for non Z51 C7's. And also if I ordered out of state is it worth the shipping, and do the warranties work for chevy dealers in my area?

What are the pros and cons of ordering out of state??
thanks.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:01 AM
jamesw95
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Forum dealers are offering msrp and a courtesy delivery to your local dealer should not cost anything. Warranty work should be handled by any Chevy dealer no problem.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:16 AM
Jontall
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't buy out-of-state because you'll want to do a full (fine tooth comb) inspection of the car before you accept delivery/pay... There are too many defects being reported by owners and out of state dealers are just forwarding the car to your dealer of choice (shipping is included in the price). I've even seen an out of state dealer forward a C7 full of defects to the owner by private transport carrier (search the forum). Have patience and shop around because some are getting the car for invoice from their in-state dealers; some $500 below invoice. Good luck and check the whole car over very very well.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Jontall
Don't buy out-of-state because you'll want to do a full (fine tooth comb) inspection of the car before you accept delivery/pay... There are too many defects being reported by owners and out of state dealers are just forwarding the car to your dealer of choice (shipping is included in the price). I've even seen an out of state dealer forward a C7 full of defects to the owner by private transport carrier (search the forum). Have patience and shop around because some are getting the car for invoice from their in-state dealers; some $500 below invoice. Good luck and check the whole car over very very well.
Right now folks are paying less then invoice! Heard it all!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:38 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by yxjackxh
Hey guys I need help finding a dealer that is offering MSRP, preferably less than MSRP for non Z51 C7's. And also if I ordered out of state is it worth the shipping, and do the warranties work for chevy dealers in my area?

What are the pros and cons of ordering out of state??
thanks.

Where are u located? Check with Tommy Jr @ MacMulkin Chevy NH, he has plenty of allocations.You don't have to deal with anyone but Tommy, his family owns the dealership!

http://www.macmulkin.net/Corvette_TTJR
Old 10-30-2013, 09:07 AM
yxjackxh
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! know of any that charge below invoice??=)

Originally Posted by harley2
Where are u located? Check with Tommy Jr @ MacMulkin Chevy NH, he has plenty of allocations.You don't have to deal with anyone but Tommy, his family owns the dealership!

http://www.macmulkin.net/Corvette_TTJR
Thanks! Do you know if he offers any deals less than msrp??
Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Have patience and shop around because some are getting the car for invoice from their in-state dealers; some $500 below invoice. Good luck and check the whole car over very very well.
And what dealers are giving such bargains, or were you confusing MSRP for invoice.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Philr56
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

There's only one way to find out. Pick up the phone . . .
Old 10-30-2013, 10:05 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Philr56
There's only one way to find out. Pick up the phone . . .
Amen to that! Just ask, you'll be surprised... there are some salespeeps who'll bat for you and plead with their GM if you're fully committed. Worked for me!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Had a base 1LT ordered...ended up with this Z51 @ $1500 below msrp...original buyer bailed.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Wait for spring. MSRP discounts should begin around that time interval. Shipping cost is at least $1,000. Warranty, dealer is required by GM to work on your car, don't expect preferred service if they didn't sell it.

Get notified of new replies

To Want to buy/order a base C7 for MSRP or less

Quick Reply: Want to buy/order a base C7 for MSRP or less