C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IS the 3lt worth the money compared to the 2lt with nav?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 AM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gixxerbill
I got the 3lt because it was already built and I am starting to wonder if the 2lt with nav would have been a better value.

Have any of you seen the a 3lt compared to a 2lt? Does the leather really seem like a 7k improvement?
not to me.
I thought about getting it but only if I was getting the brownstone interior (since it's only with the 3lt.)
I saw the brownstone in person and didn't like it so I went with 2LT, added Nav, Magnetic ride, Auto trans and still came out just under the 3LT with no mag ride and auto.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:29 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

My 2 cents worth I don't like 2 tone interiors or exteriors. So black interior all the way and NRB, black or cyber gray exterior to hid all the black scoops and no black wheels. I have dealer brochure and it references Carbon fiber dash it was the regular dash go figure.
z51vett
Doug
Old 11-04-2013, 08:41 AM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default very interesting

i wasn't aware of the varied interior specifications.
is there a two tone combo in the 3lt if you get it in yellow?

with ever bigger smart phone screens, the nav doesn't seem as important.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:56 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by markk1
After much consideration, I selected 2LT with nav in lieu of 3LT. I just personally did not see the value in the 3LT upgrade but wanted the nav.
And neither did I as I wanted to order a 2LT with NAV and save $3k. But I found a 3LT at a dealer and because they are priced significantly higher seem to be in less demand. So, I negotiated a lower price with that in mind which probably saved me some off MSRP. The higher the C7 MSRP, the smaller the market of buyers thus a better negotiating position with in stock units IMO along with my overall trade-in deal.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:33 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,615 Likes on 6,623 Posts

Originally Posted by loyalsince72
First off, it's not $7 grand. It's about $4 grand over the 2LT. Now, if you appreciate the full leather interior (door panels, instrument panel, console, etc) it's a bargain. The same thing would cost about $18,000 on a 911. If you don't care about that, get the 2LT.

Personally, I thought it was A BARGAIN. I wouldn't order the 2LT. But that doesn't make it WRONG. Just do what you want. If you already have the 3LT, MOVE ON DOWN THE ROAD. Only an idiot makes a decision then argues with himself about it for more than about a minute.
Agree!! No need for buyer’s remorse for the extra $3200!! I bought the 3LT with Kalahari. It has extra color on the dash. Can’t really understand the comments about too much color - but to each his own! My wife’s Cayenne has tan leather over the whole dash and more on the door panels than the Vette. You also get better leather- that doesn’t come for nothing. Showed the car at a large show this weekend and an art teacher was commenting about the stitching that popped and looking so nice. Everyone commented about the improved interior.
As noted, move on and see what money you need to spend next on aftermarket items!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:16 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston Z33
No, believe it or not the 1LT and the 2LT are still using real Leather....just not the soft, supple and buttery good stuff but it is the real thing - Just a cheaper version.
I was referring to the dash and door panels. They're leather only in the 3LT. The material used in the 1LT and 2LT is nice and quite convincing but it's not genuine leather.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the 2LT and NAV for just that reason.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Op.TechC3
Instructor

Originally Posted by musclecar6
The 3LT price differential to the 2LT is about 3 grand as the 3LT includes nav ( which the 2LT does not come standard with) and includes a better grade of leather covering the top of the door panels and dash top. The Kalahari with full covering of the dash top is one rich looking interior as an example ( wish they would include a full dash top covering in the adrenaline red). As someone else pointed out, you'd have to spend $ 18,000 to get similar stuff in a 911. Like most other stuff about the new stingray, the values we can get at bargain basement prices compared to the 911, the bench mark for the stingray, are unreal. People have whined for years about the vettes interior and now when GM gives it to us at exceptionally reasonable prices, some are standing short to save a few bucks. I won't be one of them. When I order my C7, it will be 3LT all the way. Thank you GM.
ME too!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:14 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJoe
3lt is only worth it if you absolutely have to have Brownstone...
I got the Brownstone and in my opinion it is well worth the extra 4 grand. I like the all brown leather dash and the brown carpet. Not so sure about the red or the grey where the the dash looks striped to me. The kalahri is ok but you are back to the black carpet.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 AM
illiceman11
Advanced

Default Nav NOT

I got the 2 LT w/o nav.I am very happy.I didn,t want that much color in my car.
I have a new 2014 Silverado and 2013 SRX with nav.I am very unhappy with the performance of the nav.I have used a Garmin for years and have been very happy wth it.
I am very disappointed with the GM nav.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecar6
The 3LT price differential to the 2LT is about 3 grand as the 3LT includes nav ( which the 2LT does not come standard with) and includes a better grade of leather covering the top of the door panels and dash top. The Kalahari with full covering of the dash top is one rich looking interior as an example ( wish they would include a full dash top covering in the adrenaline red). As someone else pointed out, you'd have to spend $ 18,000 to get similar stuff in a 911. Like most other stuff about the new stingray, the values we can get at bargain basement prices compared to the 911, the bench mark for the stingray, are unreal. People have whined for years about the vettes interior and now when GM gives it to us at exceptionally reasonable prices, some are standing short to save a few bucks. I won't be one of them. When I order my C7, it will be 3LT all the way. Thank you GM.
That may be partially the point of the cost, on the Brownstone & Kalahari you get the upper dash done, but on the Gray and Red you do not. On the Gray & Red you only get a small eyebrow effect over the gauge cluster & above the glove box on the passenger side as well as a small section behind the grab handle on the passengers door which meshes with the piece above the glove box. The inserts on the seats and these other features on the gray & red, to me do not justify the same cost. On the black I doubt if you'd notice much difference at all. So going 2LT @ $4210 to 3LT @ $8005 seems to be more of a "kick in the face" then getting a great upgraded interior you mention, and don't even mention the fact you save $795 on the 3LT by not having to buy NAV because even with that, you are not getting your moneys worth.

Last edited by Redvette_22; 11-05-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:50 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

First off, it's not $7 grand. It's about $4 grand over the 2LT. Now, if you appreciate the full leather interior (door panels, instrument panel, console, etc) it's a bargain. The same thing would cost about $18,000 on a 911. If you don't care about that, get the 2LT.

Personally, I thought it was A BARGAIN. I wouldn't order the 2LT. But that doesn't make it WRONG. Just do what you want. If you already have the 3LT, MOVE ON DOWN THE ROAD. Only an idiot makes a decision then argues with himself about it for more than about a minute.
From what I found out only the seating surfaces are better quality Nappa leather with the 3LT package. The doors, dash and everywhere else is the same Mulan leather from the 2LT package. This is very expensive for a better Nappa leather only on a few seat pieces. You can't compare this to Porsche since they put the better leather everywhere in the car.

Last edited by b4i4getit; 11-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:52 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
From what I found out only the seating surfaces are better quality Nappa leather with the 3LT package. The doors, dash and everywhere else is the same Mulan leather from the 2LT package. This is very expensive for a better lNappa eather only on a few seat pieces. You can't compare this to Porsche since they put the better leather everywhere in the car.
3LT's NAPA is on the seat inserts where your torso and gluteus touches... elsewhere is Mulan leather.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
WesC7
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

2lt...overall best value for $$$'s imho... VERY disappointed there aren't better wheel choices for the 2lt non-Z51. Hopefully 2015 models will offer some decent non-Z-51 wheels.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Seapar
Racer

It is good to have choices and there have been sound choices for choosing one interior over another based on budget, color combinations, etc. Wife liked the red splash on the dash for a red interior for a white car and wanted nappa leather so went with 3LT. Had natural brown leather on a 911 C4S which was a 5K option at purchase( I bought that car used). Better grade of leather and on more surfaces.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Default Nav delete

I would pop for the 3LT if there was a nav delete option. I like the two tone effect of the red that the 3LT has.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:26 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,070 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Torch Red with 3LT for me.

Get notified of new replies

To IS the 3lt worth the money compared to the 2lt with nav?

Old 11-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

I think the 3LT is worth the extra money for what you get.
Was surprised though how Nice the 2LT looked in person for the value.
But, IMO when the discounts kick in, the 3LT is the way to go.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Agreed 2LT w/NAV is better choice for most.

But if going with Kalahari or Brownstone. The 3LT interior really looks awesome and is absolutely worth the price difference.

3LT with the black interior is a waste. And 3LT with the other colors, seem a bit overdone/overwhelming.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:11 PM
03SGVETTE
Instructor

so true! Sometimes I am an idiot!
BUT! after I saw the adrenaline red 3lt IN PERSON, I am totally comfortable with the decision to go with that on an arctic white.
I know this has been stated before, but I can't stress enough to those who have not seen the car in person that it has to be seen in person.
Most pics are poorly lit and the color isn't properly corrected.

Quick Reply: IS the 3lt worth the money compared to the 2lt with nav?