C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IS the 3lt worth the money compared to the 2lt with nav?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:20 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

I too was leaning towards the value aspects of the 2LT. However, after seeing a black interior 3LT and sitting in both the 2LT & 3LT side by side, I have to say that the 3LT is just a whole different ball game if you like high end leather interiors. It's not a custom order Ferrari interior nor is it a DB9 interior. But, it is in the ballpark with them for the first time and I have to believe that the payback will be much increased value and ease of resale down the road.

I think that in those respects, 3LT is long term bargain package.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:55 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by B747VET
I too was leaning towards the value aspects of the 2LT. However, after seeing a black interior 3LT and sitting in both the 2LT & 3LT side by side, I have to say that the 3LT is just a whole different ball game if you like high end leather interiors. It's not a custom order Ferrari interior nor is it a DB9 interior. But, it is in the ballpark with them for the first time and I have to believe that the payback will be much increased value and ease of resale down the road.

this post makes me feel soo much better about paying the 3lt price. thanks man!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:06 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I wish I could have gotten the upgraded leather in 2LT. I wanted red interior and 3LT was too much red.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:27 PM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by B747VET

All black 3LT interior looks great, smells great and feels great. Costly but worth it to me. So so much better than my 2006.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by themonk
save yourself the money and either use your phone for NAV or buy a portable Garmin or something, at least it's mobile. I ordered a 2LT just for the better security system, color choice, heated/cooled seats and stereo.....don't need NAV.
We'd had two C6's with factory nav, two different "other make" cars with factory nav, two Garmins, and four cellphone navs; and have used them all a lot.

Despite it's non-intuitive controls, I prefer the C6 version over the others, because of the turn arrows and distance on the HUD.

Cellphones have tiny pseudo-buttons, tiny screens, eat battery power, need a proper mount in the car, often need a power cable, don't interface with the HUD, need to be installed/removed for each drive, etc. Garmins are better but still less convenient.

Some people are happy with cellphones, but we've used both and consider a factory nav to be well worth the money.
Trackheads, waxers, and people who only drive locally, will do ok with a cellphone. Actually, anyone will do ok with a cellphone. But most folks will be happier with a factory nav.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 PM
XZELER8
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gixxerbill
I got the 3lt because it was already built and I am starting to wonder if the 2lt with nav would have been a better value.

Have any of you seen the a 3lt compared to a 2lt? Does the leather really seem like a 7k improvement?
Got a crystal red with black and the 2LT with Nav. The Nav is fantastic compared to my wife's Lexius. I think the only guy who will know you got the "leather option" wil be you.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:41 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by XZELER8
Got a crystal red with black and the 2LT with Nav. The Nav is fantastic compared to my wife's Lexius. I think the only guy who will know you got the "leather option" wil be you.
Funny, most complained about the C6 and previous Vette interiors. After GM comes up with a much better car and offers a 1st class interior; some folks complain about the extra $3200 (3LT-2LT with NAV) “high cost option!” Don’t hear anyone mention the ridiculously cheap Z51 option! You couldn’t buy a dry sump, larger forged wheels, bigger brakes and rotors, extra sway bar, larger shocks , the large hydraulic pump and two cultch packs that make the car handle better than a $150,000 Porsche for 5 times that $2800 option cost. I consider my Z51, 3LT Kalahari, Crystal Red, CF Roof, Black Wheels, and NPP an overall bargain. Just my opinion!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:45 AM
rickriada
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

After much deliberation with the misses...we decided to order our black C-7 Z-51 vert in black with the black top (of course), the black wheels with the red calipers and the adrenaline red 3LT package. Due to the overall consuming "blackness" of the entire car, I hope that the extra "red" inside of the car off-sets the blackness factor....The 2LT would offer less adrenaline red inside of the car so I bumped up the $ side of the order to get more "red" that comes with the 3LT option with the intent to provide at least two contrasting colors on the car (black versus red). I would have ordered the 3LT even more quickly if I could exclude the nav. component as I know my way around town. I had it on both of our C-6 cars and never ever used this feature over the many years we've owned both cars. Now for my next challenge....I got to get over the "cleaning fear" of owning a black car. It can look great when it is sparkly clean but can look bad when it is dusty and then to top it all off, it rains a little bit on top of the paint and its looks even worse. I wonder how other black car owners overcome or ignore this aspect of car ownership?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:00 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rickriada
I wonder how other black car owners overcome or ignore this aspect of car ownership?
This is another reason on why I opted out of getting a black C7. It looks fantastic when perfectly clean but is certainly high maintenance to keep that way consistently especially without swirls. Black convertible on 3LT red will have that nice aggressive look... post pics when it arrives and enjoy!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 AM
TacDoc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SASprof
my opinion: 2LT with nav is best value.
my wife's opinion: 3LT for added color (adrenaline red).
conclusion: my wife is nuts, but she's cute, so I'll get what she wants.
This is how ours came to be...
Old 11-06-2013, 04:02 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by rickriada
After much deliberation with the misses...we decided to order our black C-7 Z-51 vert in black with the black top (of course), the black wheels with the red calipers and the adrenaline red 3LT package. Due to the overall consuming "blackness" of the entire car, I hope that the extra "red" inside of the car off-sets the blackness factor....The 2LT would offer less adrenaline red inside of the car so I bumped up the $ side of the order to get more "red" that comes with the 3LT option with the intent to provide at least two contrasting colors on the car (black versus red). I would have ordered the 3LT even more quickly if I could exclude the nav. component as I know my way around town. I had it on both of our C-6 cars and never ever used this feature over the many years we've owned both cars. Now for my next challenge....I got to get over the "cleaning fear" of owning a black car. It can look great when it is sparkly clean but can look bad when it is dusty and then to top it all off, it rains a little bit on top of the paint and its looks even worse. I wonder how other black car owners overcome or ignore this aspect of car ownership?
If you want to add some addtional red inside you can get these door protectors! I bought mine painted the car color, Crystal Red Metalic because I was planning to park the car about 12 to 14 inches from the garage wall as I did with my C6 for 6 years! (You can get Torch Red or any Vette color as well.) Changed my mind on where I will park the car! Details at: http://netwelding.com/Reports_Vette_Info.htm

Last edited by JerryU; 11-07-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:44 PM
SASprof
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 156 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SASprof
my opinion: 2LT with nav is best value.
my wife's opinion: 3LT for added color (adrenaline red).
conclusion: my wife is nuts, but she's cute, so I'll get what she wants.

Originally Posted by TacDoc
This is how ours came to be...
I'm a sucker for all things small and cute ... animals, kids, women. It can be expensive, but makes me, and them, happy, so worth it. What's money, compared to happiness?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:47 AM
rickriada
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Thank you Mr. C-7 Stingray for your post/input as the swirl marks alone would drive me crazy. After sharing this aspect of owning a black car with the misses....we started to rethink our order at our local dealer. It is only at status 1100 so there seems to be time to change it to another color. I'm not in a big hurry to get our 2nd C-7 as our TR Z51 coupe is satisfying our driving a C-7 thirsts for now. My wife and I are now thinking the opposite of black which is of course white so maybe I will go with a white vert with a black top, Z51 package, black wheels, 2LT black interior and red calipers. We've never owned a white car but have had a black one in the past which was of course, difficult to keep looking nice. So....maybe a white one will end up in our garage opposite the TR coupe? It is difficult to be fickle.....
Old 11-07-2013, 10:46 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Funny, most complained about the C6 and previous Vette interiors. After GM comes up with a much better car and offers a 1st class interior; some folks complain about the extra $3200 (3LT-2LT with NAV) “high cost option!” Don’t hear anyone mention the ridiculously cheap Z51 option! You couldn’t buy a dry sump, larger forged wheels, bigger brakes and rotors, extra sway bar, larger shocks , the large hydraulic pump and two cultch packs that make the car handle better than a $150,000 Porsche for 5 times that $2800 option cost. I consider my Z51, 3LT Kalahari, Crystal Red, CF Roof, Black Wheels, and NPP an overall bargain. Just my opinion!
You've hit the nail on the head. I am delighted that we have the 3LT Kalahari and other 3LT interiors that finish off the new C7 upscale interior for very little money. I am pumped that GM went to all the expense, testing, refinement, etc to bring us a wonderful integrated Z51/FE4/NPP package, again for very little money. Fortunately we're not all in the super thrifty camp( Ya know, the ones who want a vette at Camaro prices), so GM makes available these fantastic options that we gobble up. Kudos to Tadge and others who know the mentality of the different segments of the vette community and have something for the dollar store gang, middle of the road crew, and go all the way types.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecar6
You've hit the nail on the head. I am delighted that we have the 3LT Kalahari and other 3LT interiors that finish off the new C7 upscale interior for very little money. I am pumped that GM went to all the expense, testing, refinement, etc to bring us a wonderful integrated Z51/FE4/NPP package, again for very little money. Fortunately we're not all in the super thrifty camp( Ya know, the ones who want a vette at Camaro prices), so GM makes available these fantastic options that we gobble up. Kudos to Tadge and others who know the mentality of the different segments of the vette community and have something for the dollar store gang, middle of the road crew, and go all the way types.
I agree 100%. We now have a "base" interior that is great with the option to move up to a 2LT or 3LT. I do not understand questioning what others think is worth the money. Select what you like and are willing to pay for. For the millionth times, a Vette is a lot of bang for the buck.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:48 AM
junkman10
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me it comes down to personal preference. I chose the Kalahari in 2LT because the 3LT was too much Kalahari (for me). So, everyone choose what you prefer......cause you'll spend a lot of hours there.

Quick Reply: IS the 3lt worth the money compared to the 2lt with nav?