Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
lucative

Default Help! Order Stingray with Stinger Stripe on the hood or Add Stripe Later?

Hi Stingray Enthusiasts,

I like the look of the black stinger stripe on hood for the velocity yellow stingray.

Now, as far as resale value, should I order the stinger stripe with my stingray or should I add it later via aftermarket in case I need to remove it for a potential buyer who may prefer the standard looking hood without the stinger stripe?

Can I buy an aftermarket stinger stripe that can easily applied and also easily removed if need be? I think this would be my best bet? I am also thinking of applying yellow vinyl pinstripes to the black wheel rims.

Is there a vendor you can recommend to me that I may buy an aftermarket stinger stripe from?

Thank you so much for the benefit of your experience
lucative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
jagamajajaran
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
Support Corvetteforum!

You can remove the factory stinger decal later if you want. It's not painted on the hood.

As for an aftermarket vendor, I am about to receive a sample from one to see how close their carbon flash matches what is already on the C7. I'll post results when I can compare the two if you like. They are a forum supporting vendor. Here's their C7 webpage:

http://www.vettefx.com/c7-stripes-1.html

And I'd say, "Go for it!" If you like it, then do it. It's your car so enjoy it.

Last edited by jagamajajaran; 11-06-2013 at 12:55 AM.
jagamajajaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
Dusty Starbucks
CF Senior Member

I'm on the fence for full stripes, factory versus maybe later. Nice thing about 'maybe later' is you may never because you like it and if you do it later it makes the car fresh again, to you. It's fun to change a car's look, be it wheels, stripes or other things, but if I knew I was sold on the stripe, the factory would probably be best. Like someone said, it can be removed.
Dusty Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
RickConti@Coughlin
Platinum Supporting Vendor

I like the stinger stripe

Click the image to open in full size.

Rick "Corvette" Conti

COUGHLIN CORVETTE of COLUMBUS
Delivering Dreams since 1995.....
CorvetteConti.com
TEXT ME 740-739-8377
Thumbs up and Thank-you!

EMAIL ME:
RickConti@Coughlincars.com
RickConti@Coughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
Glen e
Retired &
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Get the vette fx metallic black stripe..it matches Carb flash perfectly...mine going on Friday.....as far as the 500 GM stinger, they claim it's paint over vinyl, blah, blah but on the premier edition it looks exactly like vinyl gloss....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
zhopper05
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I'd order it.
zhopper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
onthebottom
CF Senior Member

I have ordered it, think it looks great
onthebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
z51vett
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to z51vett

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucative View Post
Hi Stingray Enthusiasts,

I like the look of the black stinger stripe on hood for the velocity yellow stingray.

Now, as far as resale value, should I order the stinger stripe with my stingray or should I add it later via aftermarket in case I need to remove it for a potential buyer who may prefer the standard looking hood without the stinger stripe?

Can I buy an aftermarket stinger stripe that can easily applied and also easily removed if need be? I think this would be my best bet? I am also thinking of applying yellow vinyl pinstripes to the black wheel rims.

Is there a vendor you can recommend to me that I may buy an aftermarket stinger stripe from?

Cheaper from the factory unless you buy aftermarket.
z51vett
z51vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
65vette396
CF Member

If you want the full stripe look, order it with the car. If you like the hood stripe only, order it from vettefx. I have it and it's a good match for $175. Install is easy as you have an "edge" or hood line on all 4 sides. The full stripe kit would be a pain in the a** to get lined up and spaced correctly doing it yourself.
65vette396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
lucative

I'm the OP. Thank you so much for your suggestiions! I went to the Vettefx website and he looks like a great option for me.

Did any of you by chance order the Vettefx Split Stinger Style Stripe? Do you like it? It looks sharp and unique to me. If you have one, any chance you can post a picture?

Again, thank you all for the benefit of your experience. You are a great bunch of enthusiasts!
lucative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
676911vettes
CF Member

Quote:
Hi Stingray Enthusiasts,

I have the factory stinger stripe. It is not carbon flash and does not match my carbon fiber roof.
If the aftermarket stripe is carbon flash, it would probably look better.
Attached Images

676911vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
C6MagRed
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin View Post
I like the stinger stripe

Click the image to open in full size.

That's Mine!!!!!

Be there Saturday to pick her up!!!!

C6MagRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
Gr8ful
CF Senior Member

Can I order the stringer strip from the dealer? How much.? Thanks o lot.
Gr8ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
agapsdiver
CF Senior Member

Quote:
I'm the OP. Thank you so much for your suggestiions! I went to the Vettefx website and he looks like a great option for me.

Did any of you by chance order the Vettefx Split Stinger Style Stripe? Do you like it? It looks sharp and unique to me. If you have one, any chance you can post a picture?

Again, thank you all for the benefit of your experience. You are a great bunch of enthusiasts!
I got the factory installed Stinger Stripe. It is Carbon Flash and really looks good with the Carbon Flash hood vent. It is a vinyl base stripe and can be removed later if you want.
agapsdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
ATOMICV8
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6MagRed View Post

That's Mine!!!!!

Be there Saturday to pick her up!!!!

You will love that combo that is what I ordered with red interior, you won't be disappointed. Enjot
ATOMICV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Help! Order Stingray with Stinger Stripe on the hood or Add Stripe Later?