Sponsored by:

Loaner cars when in for warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Loaner cars when in for warranty.

Are they now available when the C7 goes in for warranty?
Have we made it up to Caddy level?
Old 11-07-2013, 06:13 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 99
Are they now available when the C7 goes in for warranty?
Have we made it up to Caddy level?
it used to be anything over 2.5 labor hrs.= a free loaner gm changed that to 8. labbor hrs .
if you are a good cus. they will give you one or pay for a rental and try and put you in the same level . i tell them i want one even when i get an oil change but i spend alot of money with this dealer and he eats the cost .
Old 11-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 913 Likes on 477 Posts
Tech Contributor

If you bought car there, usually.......if not....possibly not....it is up to the dealer, not GM....
Old 11-07-2013, 07:19 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
If you bought car there, usually.......if not....possibly not....it is up to the dealer, not GM....

My dealer only gives loaners if you purchased your car there. Another dealer I use will give you a loaner no matter what. Even if it's for a oil change.

Completely up to the dealer.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 AM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glen e
for the $5,000 mark up I didn't have to pay by not buying locally I can rent a fleet of cars. fudge them.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

All Chevy's are covered by their Courtesy Transportation Program:

If your vehicle requires warranty repairs during the 5 year/100,000 mile (8 year/100,000 miles) for the Volt, alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses may be available under the Courtesy Transportation Program. Several transportation options are available. Consult your dealer or refer to the owner manual for details.

Courtesy Transportation is not part of or included in the coverage provided by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. General Motors and General Motors of Canada Limited reserve the right to make any changes or discontinue the Courtesy Transportation program at any time without notification.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Find out by just asking first. When my C6 was in the shop for a couple days, Hendrick Chevy of Cary said a loaner was no problem, and when I got there, a demo Silverado was right ready. That is one great truck and I recommend it to anybody looking for a truck. Dealers can think of loaners as a sales opportunity.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

My C7 went in yesterday for some very minor paint touch-up on the underside of the front air dam, which was caused by the transport driver (ugh!). I have a brand-new Malibu loaner until tomorrow when I pick up my car. First rate service from my dealer!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:30 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
All Chevy's are covered by their Courtesy Transportation Program:

Read it again.

"may be available"

"Courtesy Transportation is not part of or included in the coverage provided by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."
Old 11-07-2013, 12:00 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

C7 Manual:

Courtesy Transportation Program
During the warranty coverage period, this Chevrolet program provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses under the Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Several transportation options are available. Refer to your Owner's Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer/retailer.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Find out by just asking first. When my C6 was in the shop for a couple days, Hendrick Chevy of Cary said a loaner was no problem, and when I got there, a demo Silverado was right ready. That is one great truck and I recommend it to anybody looking for a truck. Dealers can think of loaners as a sales opportunity.
My wife and I have dealt with three different Hendrick stores in Charlotte over the past 20 years and through at least 15 vehicles. They have never once failed to OFFER us a loaner. As noted above, providing you with a nice loaner is a great way to get potential customers interested in a new car...a real marketing opportunity. In fact, it was the use of a loaner that led us to the purchase of a BMW X5 years ago while my car was in for routine service.

The only difference between the Mercedes/BMW dealers versus the Chevy dealer is that the Chevy dealer generally requires an appointment be set up ahead of time.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:10 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
C7 Manual:

Courtesy Transportation Program
During the warranty coverage period, this Chevrolet program provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses under the Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Several transportation options are available. Refer to your Owner's Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer/retailer.
A free ride to work in the dealer's shuttle van meets this criteria. Nowhere does it state that you will automatically get a loner car.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Read it again.

"may be available"

"Courtesy Transportation is not part of or included in the coverage provided by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."
Yeah, that is their legal department talking. The fact is they do offer Courtesy Transportation, but it is subject to change.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:40 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, that is their legal department talking. The fact is they do offer Courtesy Transportation, but it is subject to change.
And if you are simply dropping it off in the morning and picking it up in the afternoon, with being at work in the interim, then all you need is a comfortable ride to the office and back. That's just common sense.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
And if you are simply dropping it off in the morning and picking it up in the afternoon, with being at work in the interim, then all you need is a comfortable ride to the office and back. That's just common sense.

And that is what i got with my servicing dealer, never got to the point of needing longer term transportation on that service visit.
Was just wondering if there was a definitive change for the C7.
Thanks for all the informative replys
Old 11-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,912 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Read it again.

"may be available"

Why do they even bother publishing this? It has no teeth at all.

Michael
Old 11-08-2013, 03:43 AM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

We have a Lexus, a Jag, an Acura, and a Corvette.

The Lexus is 10 years old and 75,000 miles and far, far out of warranty. But no matter what needs to be done or how long it takes or how much the repair costs, we always get a new high end hybrid model as a free loaner.

This would not impact my satisfaction with any Corvette because I'm realistic, but with respect to the Jag and the Acura, they don't remotely approach Lexus service, let alone the free loaner cars when out of warranty, and are sometimes unhelpful when in warranty.

Another thing about Lexus, on our last three Lexus models that we sold, the phone quite literally rang off the hook with the calls from interested buyers. They sell themselves.

But, again, none of that that would affect my opinion of Chevy dealers and Corvettes. That's a different world and that's OK.

Get notified of new replies

To Loaner cars when in for warranty.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:07 PM
ORANGEC6VERT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone wants all the bells and whistles, but no one wants to pay for them. Compare prices at the Jag, Lexus, or MB dealer to what we pay at our GM dealers. I dont like overpaying for anything.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:29 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
.... i tell them i want one even when i get an oil change but i spend alot of money with this dealer and he eats the cost ....

You demand a loaner for a half-hour oil change?

Good for you. Maybe.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:30 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Quick Reply: Loaner cars when in for warranty.