C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to Bowling Green for Customer Satisfaction!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:26 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Kudos to Bowling Green for Customer Satisfaction!

Tonight I got a personal call from Steve Grilli, Bowling Green Assembly Plant Quality Director. He called with Josh, a fellow BG team member to discuss some minor issues and concerns I had about my C7 (VIN# 4706). This was prompted by my dealer Dave Salvatore at Kerbeck reaching out to Steve (unsolicited) for my benefit.

Their phone call (well after normal business hours) was very much appreciated. Steve and Josh's insight, dedication to the brand and sincere interest in my satisfaction was very apparent. We discussed about 7-8 items I had questions about. They answered all of my questions articulately, patiently and succinctly and I got off the phone with a much better understanding of this sophisticated and complicated engineering marvel.

This is the first American car I have bought in twenty years (coming over from the Porsche & Mercedes Benz side) and I can honestly say this experience surpassed all expectations. Its employees like Steve and Josh that are helping propel GM and the Corvette to the next level of customer satisfaction, quality and workmanship.

In addition, Dave's pursuit in getting answers to my questions was above and beyond. This is another example of why I will keep coming back to Kerbeck in the future and why they have earned my loyalty.

I am extremely happy with my C7 and proud to be an owner of this Launch Year Vehicle. I salute both organizations for exceeding my expectations.

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 11-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad to hear stories like this. I am not sure what issues you have but I hope they are willing to work with you to get them resolved .
Old 11-11-2013, 11:37 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
Glad to hear stories like this. I am not sure what issues you have but I hope they are willing to work with you to get them resolved .
Issue were/are very minor. Biggest thing left on the list, is really not that big. Its the re-flashing of the IC brightness level, which is due out in a few weeks and a minor fit and finish adjustment on my door. All good... I am very pleased.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Its very easy to post complaints and erroneous stories out of frustration and to stir things up about the C7. It's a car that has captivated the auto world and received much recognition.

Tonight I got a personal call from Steve Grilli, Bowling Green Assembly Plant Quality Director. He called with Josh, a fellow BG team member to discuss some minor issues and concerns I had about my C7 (VIN# 4706). This was prompted by my dealer Dave Salvatore at Kerbeck reaching out to Steve (unsolicited) for my benefit.

Their phone call (well after normal business hours) was very much appreciated. Steve and Josh's insight, dedication to the brand and sincere interest in my satisfaction was very apparent. We discussed about 7-8 items I had questions about. They answered all of my questions articulately, patiently and succinctly and I got off the phone with a much better understanding of this sophisticated and complicated engineering marvel.

This is the first American car I have bought in twenty years (coming over from the Porsche & Mercedes Benz side) and I can honestly say this experience surpassed all expectations. Its employees like Steve and Josh that are helping propel GM and the Corvette to the next level of customer satisfaction, quality and workmanship.

In addition, Dave's pursuit in getting answers to my questions was above and beyond. This is another example of why I will keep coming back to Kerbeck in the future and why they have earned my loyalty.

I am extremely happy with my C7 and proud to be an owner of this Launch Year Vehicle. I salute both organizations for exceeding my expectations.
I've had Steve Grilli helped me in the past with a problem with my Corvette, he is first class, goes above and beyond.

Last edited by Neil Baker; 11-13-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:02 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What will get to the masses more than this forum, that many may not know about.
Is magazines and online reviews with long term test vehicles.

It can be the darling of the moment but if a tester gets one of the problem units they
will run with it
Old 11-12-2013, 01:10 AM
STONEMEADOW
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be steve grillis, bowling green plant quality control manager. Josh would be josh holder the corvette program engineering manager. Google him, he has been with the stingray from the start. I met both during a museum delivery in which i had an issue with my car. Steve stayed with my car during the entire repair process. Josh actually fixed the issue himself. Great guys, passionate and dedicated to the car and to gm.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

I am sure they are fully aware of the complaints posted on CF. All I can say is, they addressed my issues and seemed genuinely concerned. I can not report on paint issues as I have none, nor do I have any mechanical issues. My concerns were based mostly on electrical concerns, the IC brightness and the infotainment system. I'm sorry some of you may have serious issues. All I can comment on is my first hand experience. If you have serious issues, that sucks and fortunately that is what a warranty is for. Part of my post is to let others know "the sky is not falling". Don't jump on the bash BG bandwagon unless you have witnessed these issues first hand. Unfortunately, if you have I am sure they will be addressed. Enjoy your car Its an awesome machine that brings the enjoyment of driving to a new level.

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 11-12-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 AM
MThomas
Safety Car

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

Josh and Steve are FIRST CLASS. They care about Corvette!! But more importantly, they care about us, the customers! It's because of individuals like Josh and Steve that GM is coming back strong.

Thanks guys for your dedication to Corvette and the customers.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM
0-60B4U
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP, glad your minor electrical issue was discussed by two plant managers over the phone and you are now happy. There are many C7 owners with serious problems who have NOT been called by anyone and they are very unhappy! I don't believe BG is aware of all the various issues with their product, and I certainly don't believe they are all that concerned! The C7 will sell in record numbers this year just because it's a completely new design and has gotten tons of publicity and attention. Yes, we all have warranties and most will get their issues fixed in time, but meanwhile, a lot of us think the factory's quality control stinks to high heaven!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 AM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60B4U
OP, glad your minor electrical issue was discussed by two plant managers over the phone and you are now happy. There are many C7 owners with serious problems who have NOT been called by anyone and they are very unhappy! I don't believe BG is aware of all the various issues with their product, and I certainly don't believe they are all that concerned! The C7 will sell in record numbers this year just because it's a completely new design and has gotten tons of publicity and attention. Yes, we all have warranties and most will get their issues fixed in time, but meanwhile, a lot of us think the factory's quality control stinks to high heaven!
I don't disagree that QC should be better controlled but don't forget we are only in the 3rd month since GM released this car to the public. The C5 to C6 72% of the parts transferred over & from the C6 to the C7 less than 4%. Being the first owner out of the gates is never good idea no matter what brand you buy. The paint issues are inexcusable but why in the hell would anyone take delivery of a car with paint issue & not have a resolution worked out with the dealer before buying the car? When my C7 arrives I will spend an hour or two looking for gap & paint blemishes & if I decide I am not happy I will walk from the deal. When it comes to electronic & mechanical issues I think we all roll the dice when buying a LE car. My friend purchased a yellow Ferrari 458 convertible at a price of $342k. When I walked up to the car the first thing I noticed on the side edge of the passenger door was a 3 1/2 inch paint drip. He was not happy and the dealer had to repaint the door which they logged into the computer as a repaint. I am not sure if that repair will show up when he sells the car but if he spent a few hours looking over the car he could have saved him self a big headache..

Last edited by fasttoys; 11-12-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:27 AM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem with BG/GM is COMMUNICATION!! I can see it with the people that have issues with their C7. It's great that the OP talked to BG on the phone and shared what they told him, but no one shared how/when/where the rest of the issues i.e. dim IP lights, will get resolved. That's really the single most compliant I see - the shear lack of communication from GM/BG.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ldepalma
The problem with BG/GM is COMMUNICATION!! I can see it with the people that have issues with their C7. It's great that the OP talked to BG on the phone and shared what they told him, but no one shared how/when/where the rest of the issues i.e. dim IP lights, will get resolved. That's really the single most compliant I see - the shear lack of communication from GM/BG.
They told me last night that a reflash will be available in 2-3 weeks at the dealers to increase the brightness of the dash. It has 4 separate modules. First it will increase the luminance for the main dash in the evening, secondarily it will address and balance out the luminance levels on the radio, heating and ventilation controls.

In addition for the those that are toggling the Infotainment screen functions for "Display" control (Auto/Day/Night) to help out the main dash issue at Dusk/Dawn, you might as well stop. That lighting control is only for the Nav Screen.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
They told me last night that a reflash will be available in 2-3 weeks at the dealers to increase the brightness of the dash. It has 4 separate modules. First it will increase the luminance for the main dash in the evening, secondarily it will address and balance out the luminance levels on the radio, heating and ventilation controls.

In addition for the those that are toggling the Infotainment screen functions for "Display" control (Auto/Day/Night) to help out the main dash issue at Dusk/Dawn, you might as well stop. That lighting control is only for the Nav Screen.

Hope this helps.
I wonder if the software will fix my issue of my screen being on full brightness all of the time and the dimming **** not being able to dim the screens nor turn on the dome lights.

On a side note, they should just allow the update to be downloaded to the actual owners. We can then put it on a USB stick and plug it into an available USB port in the car and run it. I am sure that's what the dealers will do anyway.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I may be late to this thread, but I have been reading it, and have some thoughts.

I surely don't doubt OP's car problems, resolutions, and deserved kudos to the Corvette folks at BG (or wherever they called from). They all deserve it, for this problem and resolution.

But to find out on CF today that: 1) there is a fix on the way for dim instrument cluster lighting, 2) to hear that it was not at OP's request, but a random, albeit intentional call by Dave to BG, and 3) the written words that someone is sure BG and GM are watching and reading CF----it all just seems so lucky or catch-as-catch-can. In other words, it may be intentional, but no one knows it---no one in the "buying public."

Every gripe and every stated issue is not a calamity, or even something actually "wrong" with the car. But each one counts for something, each one is an impression, and MAKES an impression especially when it's seen or heard by more than one person.

To comment on something here on CF, either as a public display of unhappiness, or to inform others is one thing. To not know whether anyone else is listening or that occasional solutions are being worked on, problems are known, some are actually being resolved, someone will call to suggest solutions, etc. is a missed opportunity to communicate and show concern.

Maybe these types of "communication" and attention to problems are not economically feasible for a $13K car. Maybe with the sale of a C7 it needs to be called "concierge service" or some such.

But maybe it needs to be there: communication and problem resolution. Above and beyond the dealer level.

Wouldn't that be a big win for GM and the customers? I think so.

That's my opinion.

[soapbox put away]
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 PM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 128 Posts

Gotta admit, I can actually rationalize some of the paint issues, body fit, and even some of the mechanical problems given this is the first round of C7's they've built on the line at Bowling Green. I'm not saying its right, but I can rationalize it.

But for the life of me I can't see how they missed that the dash cluster was too dim. I'm not trying to disparage GM here. But I don't get this one. Didn't they drive the test fleets at dusk and night time? What happened on those thousands of test miles? Who drove those cars anyway - senior citizen managers who don't drive at night? We all know they sure advertised how high quality the display screens are in all conditions.

I guess the software engineers for the dash displays also worked on the Obamacare website. At least it sounds like it will be fixed before healthcare.gov.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:00 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Good to see a strong positive note come out on the C7 for a change.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60B4U
I agree. Nobody disagrees that this is a fine vehicle however there really is no excuse for some of the cars coming out of the factory. I am speechless when I read in this forum about some of the cars that are missing out on some basic quality control. GM has to step up on this. If they don't it won't matter because the only people that will buy these cars will be the die hard fans. The new customer that they are trying to woo from the other brands will not purchase if GM cannot get a grip on these QC problems.

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos to Bowling Green for Customer Satisfaction!

Quick Reply: Kudos to Bowling Green for Customer Satisfaction!