Prices falling fast on new C7's

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 06:50 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverblue
Michael, if it is true that this dealer will order a C7 for anyone at $4,000.00 under sticker, then YES it is indeed a "big deal". How is it not?
Originally Posted by rcallen484
Yep, if he has any allocations it is definitely a big deal. How many allocations does he have?

I just don't see a small time dealer in Jasper Florida, with what I'm guessing is minimal allocation, being a big deal, by selling for a discount to try and get any Corvette sales. I'll bet there will be other small time, small town dealers doing the same as this 2nd allocation rolls out.

Maybe I'm wrong by not seeing it a big deal - heaven only knows I've been wrong a million times . . . .
Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,558 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
I just don't see a small time dealer in Jasper Florida, with what I'm guessing is minimal allocation, being a big deal, by selling for a discount to try and get any Corvette sales. I'll bet there will be other small time, small town dealers doing the same as this 2nd allocation rolls out.
but you have to admit, it is starting to get a bit more "interesting"...
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

but you have to admit, it is starting to get a bit more "interesting"...

That ^ Silverblue, I would agree with you on 1000%
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
Judging by his "subtle" post in the C6 vs C7 thread over in C6 land.....he MIGHT favor the C6 and not like the C7 too much.....but only just a smidge, you can barely tell.

EDIT: From page 10 of "Who's keeping their C6--who's not?"

"The C7 is a real disappointment and I'm not just talking about the Camaro rear end on the car. Hard to see ever getting one after seeing and driving one in person I was even more saddened by the newest vette. Terrible blind spot and the power falls off a cliff up top after 5k or so. Glad I bought a brand new C6 GS coupe and modded it I will love running into the C7's on the road and laying the pipe to them "

Kind of makes you wonder...
Ya think?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:59 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Michael, if it is true that this dealer will order a C7 for anyone at $4,000.00 under sticker, then YES it is indeed a "big deal". How is it not?
Originally Posted by rcallen484
Yep, if he has any allocations it is definitely a big deal. How many allocations does he have?

Hey guys ^ - In retrospect I didn't put what I was thinking into words very well previously. I am not at all diminishing the value of the $4000 discount - it is excellent - and a good catch by Sliverblue. All I was really trying to express is that small dealers looking to sell a couple units, and discounting to do the same (understandably so) are not, imho, going to rock the boats of the BIG CORVETTE DEALERS in terms of affecting their discount structure. There , that's better . . .
Old 11-19-2013, 07:04 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Hey guys ^ - In retrospect I didn't put what I was thinking into words very well previously. I am not at all diminishing the value of the $4000 discount - it is excellent - and a good catch by Silverblue. All I was really trying to express is that small dealers looking to sell a couple units, and discounting to do the same (understandably so) are not, imho, going to rock the boats of the BIG CORVETTE DEALERS in terms of affecting their discount structure. There , that's better . . .
with Michael 100%. Furthermore, the reason for my post is I HOPE the big dealers do sit up and take notice. Look, even at invoice, the dealers are picking up close to $1,800.00 in hold back from the factory. Once I can get a legitimate "invoice" offer with no doc fees, I am all in. I will order the car that very day and it is looking more and more like we are getting there and faster then even I had hoped. Forum dealers are you listening? I am ready, are you????
Old 11-19-2013, 07:10 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey guys ^ - In retrospect I didn't put what I was thinking into words very well previously. I am not at all diminishing the value of the $4000 discount - it is excellent - and a good catch by Sliverblue. All I was really trying to express is that small dealers looking to sell a couple units, and discounting to do the same (understandably so) are not, imho, going to rock the boats of the BIG CORVETTE DEALERS in terms of affecting their discount structure. There , that's better . . .
Some dealers have so few allocations as to be inconsequential in the overall scheme of things. But for that lucky few.....

Like that female member here (can't remember her name) whose small local dealership sold their allocation to local Corvette Club members at Invoice in order to generate big time Goodwill
Old 11-19-2013, 07:15 PM
MDK9950
Pro

Received 326 Likes on 121 Posts

Maybe I'm wrong by not seeing it a big deal - heaven only knows I've been wrong a million times . . . .
This dealer in question was one of the founding vendor supporters of the C5 Registry in the days before this Forum. He not only was one of the first Corvette dealers on the internet, was also the first you could find that had any discounts in '98 when the first C5 convertible came out. Not only offered discounts but offered free Corvette Museum delivery, he was always a big financial supporter of the Corvette Museum. I don't know what his allocation is today or if it can be classified as "small time", but I would buy from him again if he had an allocation for a car I wanted. I bought (3) C5's from him in a 5 year period. He was every bit as good as "big time" dealers that support this Forum and receive frequent accolades. Plus, he always answered calls and emails withing 24 hours, unlike some of these "big time" dealers who support this forum. Just my 2 cents.....
Old 11-19-2013, 07:17 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Wow, man. If true, I am getting closer and closer....At invoice I am there, no B.S. period...
Old 11-19-2013, 07:24 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MDK9950
This dealer in question was one of the founding vendor supporters of the C5 Registry in the days before this Forum. He not only was one of the first Corvette dealers on the internet, was also the first you could find that had any discounts in '98 when the first C5 convertible came out. Not only offered discounts but offered free Corvette Museum delivery, he was always a big financial supporter of the Corvette Museum. I don't know what his allocation is today or if it can be classified as "small time", but I would buy from him again if he had an allocation for a car I wanted. I bought (3) C5's from him in a 5 year period. He was every bit as good as "big time" dealers that support this Forum and receive frequent accolades. Plus, he always answered calls and emails withing 24 hours, unlike some of these "big time" dealers who support this forum. Just my 2 cents.....

Give him a call - he'd likely love to hear from you. Your post would leave one to believe you didn't buy from him after your C5's - why not? Maybe he has the right C7 deal for you?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:28 PM
MDK9950
Pro

Received 326 Likes on 121 Posts

Give him a call - he'd likely love to hear from you. Your post would leave one to believe you didn't buy from him after your C5's - why not? Maybe he has the right C7 deal for you?
I stopped with my last new one which was my '03 Anniversary Vert. I am waiting for a deal on a Z51 and winter in Pittsburgh to be over.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Guys,

There is a non-forum dealer in Florida offering C7s at $4,000.00 under sticker. The are broadcasting this RIGHT NOW loud and clear on a certain major auction website. No accidents, no "mistakes"

Let the games begin...
Wow...sooner than I thought!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:35 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Wow, man. If true, I am getting closer and closer....At invoice I am there, no B.S. period...
any forum dealers listening?

crickets....
Old 11-19-2013, 07:39 PM
post-it
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDK9950
I stopped with my last new one which was my '03 Anniversary Vert. I am waiting for a deal on a Z51 and winter in Pittsburgh to be over.
You have a long wait!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:39 PM
c5vette73
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by LIStingray
For you guys with year round weather, the premium to have the C7 in the fall and use it all winter may be worth it.
For us in the Northeast, where most people's Vette's (mine included) would just go into storage from Thanksgiving to April Fool's Day, the welcomed savings that is coming by waiting until Spring is a good trade off.
Completely understood.

I sometimes take the weather in south Florida for granted.

It must take some real will power to put the C7 in storage for 4 months out of the year.

Hope you get your C7 real soon!

Last edited by c5vette73; 11-19-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:22 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lpe385
its not surprising if they keep up with current production numbers. When they bring out a few more models that will slow up production some. You know the first gs/z0? Version is going to be high production that first year too.

What amazes me is people are still willing to pay $50,000 for a 4-5 year old z06. Even the used grand sports 2-3 years old with in $10,000 of a
c7.
the round lights are worth it..............
Old 11-19-2013, 11:04 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
Judging by his "subtle" post in the C6 vs C7 thread over in C6 land.....he MIGHT favor the C6 and not like the C7 too much.....but only just a smidge, you can barely tell.

EDIT: From page 10 of "Who's keeping their C6--who's not?"

"The C7 is a real disappointment and I'm not just talking about the Camaro rear end on the car. Hard to see ever getting one after seeing and driving one in person I was even more saddened by the newest vette. Terrible blind spot and the power falls off a cliff up top after 5k or so. Glad I bought a brand new C6 GS coupe and modded it I will love running into the C7's on the road and laying the pipe to them "

Kind of makes you wonder...
Funny how so few who have driven the car agree with his assessment... clearly no bias in his view after buying his new GS

In all seriousness, it's good that he's so happy with his GS, it's a great car. However, if his modded GS runs into a modded C7 with headers and a tune, he will, unfortunately, be looking at more C7 rear than he might like

Get notified of new replies

To Prices falling fast on new C7's

Old 11-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

The fact that the GS and C6Z are still holding means that not everyone is salivating over the C7. And outside of gadgets and new factor the C6Z is a better performing (fact) and better looking (opinion)car.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:13 AM
FrancisDGarcia
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Ya think?
Old 11-20-2013, 01:18 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

WOW... Who woulda thought... Prices actually drop on a car??? ... When did this crazy thing start happening ???

70K, 60K, 50K, or whatever... Some people spend $50K on a party.

If you want it,.. Buy it,.. Enjoy it... Have fun!!!

Quick Reply: Prices falling fast on new C7's