Sponsored by:

Prices falling fast on new C7's

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:51 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I would wager $1.00, that Team Corvette will make some styling changes to the rear of the C7, in response to the volume of lukewarm response it received upon introduction.

I agree that it grows on folks as some time passes, however it is the only exterior styling aspect of the C7 that is, shall we say, controversial. Plus, since the entire rear bumper cover is only 1 molded panel, it somewhat eases the complexity of implementing change.

I would wager a second $1.00, that we may see some change to it as soon as the 1st performance variant debuts in January.

That's my $2.02 cents worth of opinion . . . . .
Old 11-20-2013, 07:05 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
I would wager $1.00, that Team Corvette will make some styling changes to the rear of the C7, in response to the volume of lukewarm response it received upon introduction.

I agree that it grows on folks as some time passes, however it is the only exterior styling aspect of the C7 that is, shall we say, controversial. Plus, since the entire rear bumper cover is only 1 molded panel, it somewhat eases the complexity of implementing change.

I would wager a second $1.00, that we may see some change to it as soon as the 1st performance variant debuts in January.

I disagree, but lets say they did, what happens when this minority dislikes the new one even more? see where this is going? Everything I've seen, about 70% like it, 30% don't or are indifferent, you think GM will change it for the 30% and take a chance on pissing off the 70%? Name one corvette that everybody liked 100%.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:24 PM
thebeastifier
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
Clearly, based on sales, most people disagree with you . Out of the hordes of people who look at my car and comment on it, none of them dislike the rear. People love it. The Corvette has to move towards the future like any other car. The C6 rear looks just like the C5. It's an old design and needed a refresh.
Couldn't agree more. I think the C7 rear is 10x better than the C6 rear. Round tail lights look like crap to me. Reminds me of the round headlights that benz's used to have, looked horrible and cheap. It comes down to personal preference, and if sales are any indication Chevrolet has no reason to believe that the general public is bothered by the rear.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
You sound a lot like C5 owners when the C6 came out
Exactly. The same crowd.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I believe the lower, carbon flash portion is a separate piece.
S.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:10 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The simple fact is that the Corvette tail lights had devolved into a shape with less style than this garbage can lid...

Old 11-20-2013, 09:13 PM
sting ya
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Your" luke warm response" cant get the cars produced fast enough for demand who do you think your kidding ?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:04 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
I disagree, but lets say they did, what happens when this minority dislikes the new one even more? see where this is going? Everything I've seen, about 70% like it, 30% don't or are indifferent, you think GM will change it for the 30% and take a chance on pissing off the 70%? Name one corvette that everybody liked 100%.
Originally Posted by sting ya
Your" luke warm response" cant get the cars produced fast enough for demand who do you think your kidding ?
DREAMERAK & sting ya -

Guys, I offered an opinion, nothing more. I respect your differing opinions.

I can not name 1 Corvette that everybody liked. I am not trying to kid anybody.

Not very long to wait till January, & the intro of the first C7 performance variant, to see if there is any validity to my speculation.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Snorman
I believe the lower, carbon flash portion is a separate piece.
S.

^ Of course you are correct So, there are 2 molded rear panels Team Corvette designers could possibly consider for 'change' in reaction to a bit of criticism.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:20 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

Whatever problems one has with the taillights in daylight, when you see the C7 at night, it all makes sense. The 3D effect is striking.

They spent a lot of design hours on these lights - they will not change before the C8, and I doubt they will ever go back to round ones while Bennion is in charge.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
Whatever problems one has with the taillights in daylight, when you see the C7 at night, it all makes sense. The 3D effect is striking.

They spent a lot of design hours on these lights - they will not change before the C8, and I doubt they will ever go back to round ones while Bennion is in charge.
Certainly not plain, red, round pieces of plastic recessed in slightly larger round holes. That look is DONE
Old 11-20-2013, 10:29 PM
RMcoolX
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm no fan of the C7 rear either, but I'm a big fan of the car. For that matter, I am no fan of the front of the C6, but love the car. When the day comes that I can buy a C7 well below invoice at 0% like I did my C6, there will be one in my garage. Until then, I patiently wait while still having the time of my life in the 6.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dcbingaman

^ I think the Tail lights are keepers. If Team Corvette makes any design changes to the rear, it will not be the tail lights themselves, imho.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:45 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Certainly not plain, red, round pieces of plastic recessed in slightly larger round holes. That look is DONE

^ I'm not so certain about that - I mean realistically, the C7 Corvette architects , must be drooling all over their their sketch pads, looking at the design cues in your avatar photo.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:48 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

^ I'm not so certain about that - I mean realistically, the C7 Corvette architects , must be drooling all over their their sketch pads, looking at the design cues in your avatar photo.

You noticed I modded my car?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:54 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rcallen484
You noticed I modded my car?

^ Subtle . . . . . .
Old 11-20-2013, 11:17 PM
ONOFiveO
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Ehhh... What was the subject of this thread again??? Think we've gotten just a little off topic.

Get notified of new replies

To Prices falling fast on new C7's

Old 11-20-2013, 11:30 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

^ Are you one of them?
The base C7 coupe just doesn't impress me at all compared to the wide-body C6 being 8 years newer time-wise. Hopefully GM has something much better in store for the Z06/ZR1 version of the C7, but if not I will just keep enjoying my 12' C6 GS coupe and my 14' CTS-V until the C8 comes out. Both are modded enough to handle most anything they run into on the street.

At the moment C7 pricing is dropping significantly faster than the C5 and C6 prices in the first 3-4 months after introduction - not a good sign for GM. They made a drastic change to the car to get new buyers and I'm not sure how many of those targeted can actually afford a vette. In the meantime quite a few vette owners I know are also disappointed in what GM did with the C7. I think the price drops nationwide are going to accelerate significantly through the winter.

Demand is already significantly lower just 3 months into production than almost anyone on this forum predicted months ago.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:33 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

DREAMERAK & sting ya -

Guys, I offered an opinion, nothing more. I respect your differing opinions.

I can not name 1 Corvette that everybody liked. I am not trying to kid anybody.

Not very long to wait till January, & the intro of the first C7 performance variant, to see if there is any validity to my speculation.

I could see them offering body color vents, nothing wrong with giving your opinion or speculating. It would be pretty boring around here if we agreed on everything. Looking forward to C7 performance reveal.....
Old 11-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Skullbussa
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by OBSSSD

At the moment C7 pricing is dropping significantly faster than the C5 and C6 prices in the first 3-4 months after introduction - not a good sign for GM. They made a drastic change to the car to get new buyers and I'm not sure how many of those targeted can actually afford a vette.

Demand is already significantly lower just 3 months into production than almost anyone on this forum predicted months ago.
Demand is lower...for the non Z51 cars. For the traditional Corvette owner aka "waxers" the base car without the Z51 is good enough for their jaunts to Hooters or the golf course. But this market is shrinking and shrinking fast as they age.

The C7 is by far the best car GM has ever built. It will sell well. They underestimated how much of the Vette market has shifted from the gold chain crowd to the real enthusiast crowd, that's all that's behind the poor market for the current inventory of badly optioned cars.

Quick Reply: Prices falling fast on new C7's